If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha YSP soundbars

Options
  • 01-09-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm interested in getting a Yamaha YSP soundbar. I already have a pretty decent sub. 

My budget is e500.

I would love to be able to get the 2200 or the 2500 but they are just a little bit too expensive everywhere I can find them. The 1400 does look decent, but I am concerned that the surround isn't great on it with the low price, even with the reviews it gets. Can you still source a 2200?

What could you recommend otherwise - surround without wires is my goal.

Thanks

Charlie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

I'm interested in getting a Yamaha YSP soundbar. I already have a pretty decent sub. 

My budget is e500.

I would love to be able to get the 2200 or the 2500 but they are just a little bit too expensive everywhere I can find them. The 1400 does look decent, but I am concerned that the surround isn't great on it with the low price, even with the reviews it gets. Can you still source a 2200?

Thanks

Charlie
    Charlei,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - and thanks for the post ;) the YSP2200 is now completely sold out - its a pity as it really was a classic! but the two others you mention, the YSP1400 and the YSP2500 are really excellent as well.

The YSP1400 is stripped down and less powerful than the YSP2500 but still gives a great surround effect and for just €349, delivered, it really is a great option:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12517-ysp1400.aspx

If you wanted something more powerful and with HDMI switching then the YSP2500 is great at €799
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200758-ysp2500.aspx

But why not go the whole hog - we have a (very) few YSP3300's left that we are clearing at a silly €699 ( I know it blows the budget) I cant see them under €1000 anywhere else in Ireland online and at just €699 they really are great value!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Hi,

My budget is e500.

Thanks

Charlie
    Charlei,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - and thanks for the post ;) the YSP2200 is now completely sold out - its a pity as it really was a classic! but the two others you mention, the YSP1400 and the YSP2500 are really excellent as well.

The YSP1400 is stripped down and less powerful than the YSP2500 but still gives a great surround effect and for just €349, delivered, it really is a great option:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12517-ysp1400.aspx

If you wanted something more powerful and with HDMI switching then the YSP2500 is great at €799
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200758-ysp2500.aspx

But why not go the whole hog - we have a (very) few YSP3300's left that we are clearing at a silly €699 ( I know it blows the budget) I cant see them under €1000 anywhere else in Ireland online and at just €699 they really are great value!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the swift response.

Would the 3300 be better than the 2500 in your experience? Does it include the microphone for configuring the room. I realise that the 2500 is newer but in my mind that doesn't necessarily translate to better with audio equipment.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The YSP3300 does have  4 HDMI inputs but otherwise its a little more stripped out than the 2500, but in audio quality terms and especially surround effect its significantly better - at the clearance pricing its really a complete bargain..

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12033-ysp3300.aspx

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.