Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watching Mayo v Dublin game in Spain

• 01-09-2015 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I have stupidly booked a holiday to Spain that is flying at 16:20 on Saturday and arriving at 20:30. It's Ryanair so no wifi. I want to watch Mayo v Dublin as if I'm watching it live. What are my options? I'll have an iPad, I have Sky, I'm willing to pay for Gaago but I want to cut off all communication and watch the prematch build up and full game when I get to hotel. Is this possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

RTE usually put the full Sunday Game broadcast up on their player a few hours after the game is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

I presume I can get rte player over there when I'm outside the country? If not can I presume it's changing my VPN. I'll get on to RTE and see what they say. I'd still like to watch the full game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

crossvilla wrote: »
    I presume I can get rte player over there when I'm outside the country? If not can I presume it's changing my VPN. I'll get on to RTE and see what they say. I'd still like to watch the full game.
    Nope
    RTÉ very aggressively blocks vpns so it's not an option.
    RTÉs GAA go service is €14 for games in the latter end of the season. The playback feature works spot on and is better quality than when watching live
    This is the official solution

Sky don't block vpns as aggressively, but their policy in general (satellite footprint covering the entire continent) seems to be geared to inofficial use abroad.
    No idea if they have playback of GAA matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

you could also cancel the holiday, or go a day later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

What part of spain are you going to ? If it's tourist areas most will have an Irish bar which will show the match or if you see a sport bar,as the season is now winding down they would defo put it on for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

realies wrote: »
    What part of spain are you going to ? If it's tourist areas most will have an Irish bar which will show the match or if you see a sport bar,as the season is now winding down they would defo put it on for you.
    the problem is that they land after the game is over so they need some sort of catchup service.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

Looks like I buy the game for €14 on gaago and watch it 'relive' when I get there assuming wifi can stream. Keep the phone on flight mode until after I see the game.

Advertisement