Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Classic Non Flex league

Options
  • 01-09-2015 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

The rule changes are locked in now for the main competition, and all leagues are going to use the flex option it seems - I have made my feelings on it clear in the discussion thread.
    poldebruin wrote: »
    This is the crux of the issue. This is all flex does. It does not ruin a draft, affect scoring or competitiveness in the league. It just makes it easier by giving you more flexibility.

Now if you want FF to be easier, or don't like the management aspect of it then flex would be your preference. This is the opposite of what I enjoy in fantasy, and why I'm so opposed to it. It's like stabilisers on a bike for a child.
    poldebruin wrote: »
    ....but it does curtail "management" type activity during the season. It is the management aspect that interests me the most in FF. Sure the tracking stats and winning weekly matchups is good, but if I'm honest, it's reading up about players and trying to nab them before they hit that gives me the most fun.

I played in a flex league last year and felt there was not as much management or hands on required.
    Would anyone else be interested in joining/creating a one off league that uses the old system, or do is it too late in the day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'd join yeah, don't have that many leagues this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Yeah, I only have the single Boards league this year, so it's easy for me to join another auction etc. I'd assume most people are involved in a few at this stage. We'll see if there's any interest and if there is, I'll create a league. If not - I'll just have to settle for a single flex league, which leaves a lot to be desired from a fun point of view imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Im with you Poldebruin if Flex is in Im out so count me in for this l16 team eague.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'll join this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

I will join in also if you get the required interest. New to the boards fantasy football - is draft an auction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I'd be down for this if the draft was outside of Sunday or Wednesday night.

I'll play the flex league here also but i'm not too gone on it from previous leagues i've been in. Imagine it will be worse with 16 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I think we can kill this since we have kept the status quo for this season whilst a revote occurs at the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah, without the flex in the main league, this one is redundant.

Advertisement