Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards How to's...

Options
  • 01-09-2015 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭

First of all, forgive me for not being able to locate the "FAQ, How to do (whatever - the basics of boards)" page... The UserCP page has changed over the years, and it doesn't seem to have a clickable reference to it anymore.

I am wondering if anyone can direct me on how to post a pic without using an image host like photobucket? I've seen it done on boards, but can't grasp the concept of how to do it. Image hosting is becoming rather burdensome and often not compatible with my old laptop coupled with it's corresponding server/browser (ie: firefox displays nothing of such anymore).

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Use the attachment facility. Once it's attached you can use the link to the attachment itself in image tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

Spear wrote: »
    Use the attachment facility. Once it's attached you can use the link to the attachment itself in image tags.

'n where might I find the attachment facility, please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's just below the editing box when you're writing a post. (e.g not the quick reply option)

^ thanks for answering my query, Spear :) ...but I must really be :( daft... I can click on "manage attachment", browse my computer, click on the file, it appears to have found it, but it doesnt give me a link to the attachment itself to include in image tags as you suggest - the only option it gives is to "close this window" then it simply disappears and no pic gets posted or link offered.

In the attachments window, once you've browsed to the image in question and hit upload, it'll appear on the attachments window under current attachements. You can then right click on it and copy the link location, paste that into your post with IMG tags around it to make it display inside the post.

E.g. this image is atthached, it's link is

[noparse]https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/4698/360970.jpg[/noparse]

Adding image tags

[noparse]360970.jpg[/noparse]

Then gives:
    360970.jpg

• Advertisement

I tried that yesterday, all that appeared was a link addy inside the img marks, no pic appeared on the preview post page... was frustrating. Will show you directly. It really very well be my old computer.

see? :( nuthing shows below...

newattachment.php?t=2057486819&poststarttime=1441307665&posthash=75a63eec9123a659cd92ffc2462c115f

thanks for trying anyway... gonna chalk it up to my laptop :(

[noparse]newattachment.php?t=2057486819&poststarttime=1441307665&posthash=75a63eec9123a659cd92ffc2462c115f[/noparse]

It seems you have a reference to newattachment.php in there, and with no attached filed showing, suggesting the file wasn't completely attached. Can you get the attachment to complete at least, before we worry about the IMG tags part? If possible attach a screenshot of where the newattachment.php link came from.

ok, will show you if possible... but if I cant post an image, not sure how I will post a screenshot of what I am seeing. brb

(thanks for all this Spear)

here's the screenshot I have copied:

haha, yeah nope! thanks anyway... you done yer best sir, and I thank you.

• Advertisement

Ah, I see what went wrong. You took the URL from the address bar, hence the newattachment.php reference.

Once you've hit upload, the item appears listed under current attachments in the windows. You need to right click it there, and copy that link location to use. That's the one that points to the attached item directly.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

The problem may be with seeing 'Upload' in the pop-up. You need to scroll across the attachment pop-up window to see it as below:
    361120.png

361119.png

THAT'S IT!!! wow, I see it now! One sec and I shall try this :D

k, so we gonna try this... wish me luck.....

361218.gif

Aha :D it worked! THANK YOU SPEAR! You went to alot of work to answer one question, and I really appreciate it! Twill make my posting life much easier! :) ...was kind of you to go to such lengths to help me. thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement