Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s unlocked buying options

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Nutsyg wrote: »
    Mine is is the depot since 14.45. Says in transit. I was full sure I'd have gotten a text by now for collection. North Dublin.

Mine was in transit at 14:47. Already have the text 40 mins now.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mine is is the depot since 14.45. Says in transit. I was full sure I'd have gotten a text by now for collection. North Dublin.

It can be any time between 8pm and the middle of the morning in my experience.

I'm in south dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nutsyg

So it's possibe its in my local PM and it hasn't updated to the system or the driver is in McDonald's

So it's possibe its in my local PM and it hasn't updated to the system or the driver is in McDonald's

I think it says "in transit" as soon as they scan it for departure from the depot, but that doesn't mean the van leaves straight away. It could sit in the back of a van in the car park for 3 or 4 hours.

It also depends on when the van gets to your motel, it could be first on his list or last on his list.

Generally as soon as it's actually in the motel you'll get the text very soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I live closer to the depot than my nearest Parcel Motel. Still no text. Bollix anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Nutsyg

awec wrote: »
    I think it says "in transit" as soon as they scan it for departure from the depot, but that doesn't mean the van leaves straight away. It could sit in the back of a van in the car park for 3 or 4 hours.

It also depends on when the van gets to your motel, it could be first on his list or last on his list.

Generally as soon as it's actually in the motel you'll get the text very soon after.

I assume they deliver on Saturdays and I won't be waiting til Monday.

I assume they deliver on Saturdays and I won't be waiting til Monday.

They do. I recon most will show up tonight. I had a delivery at 10:30pm during the week.

Yea they do, but if it hasn't arrived when I go to bed I always have a text the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Mine is there now on the way to collect now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Mine is there now on the way to collect now. :D

Nice one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Still no sign of my package in south dublin :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Mine normally come through at 08:30am. So I hope to wake up to a surprise in the morning :)

Now I get a notification. After half a dozen beers. One for the morning so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

stimpson wrote: »
    Now I get a notification. After half a dozen beers. One for the morning so.

I'll get it.
    You can get the next one....no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MadeUReadThis

got my 6S 64GB in NY after work. Cost 718.17e on my Irish card. Just restoring it now, woooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Pfffff... I can not reserve because I don't have a uk phone number :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Asmooh wrote: »
    Pfffff... I can not reserve because I don't have a uk phone number :'(

Make sure you log in with your Apple ID. I had the same problem. Logged in and it reserved no problem.

Make sure you log it with your Apple ID. I had the same problem. Logged it and it reserved no problem.
    How? I did but I still got that message with "please fill in a uk number" there was no button that said "I don't have a number" or will I get an email or so? I didn't continue after it because I did not see any other button.

Or will I get an email or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How? I did but I still got that message with "please fill in a uk number" there was no button that said "I don't have a number" or will I get an email or so? I didn't continue after it because I did not see any other button.

Or will I get an email or so?

No, the reason it's asking you for a number is because it doesn't have any of your details.

When I was trying to reserve it on launch day I had the exact same problem. When I couldn't find anyone with a uk number to reserve it for me, I went back and did it again but the second time I logged in with my Apple ID and all my info popped up and I didn't need to use a phone number.

• Advertisement

No, the reason it's asking you for a number is because it doesn't have any of your details.

When I was trying to reserve it on launch day I had the exact same problem. When I couldn't find anyone with a uk number to reserve it for me, I went back and did it again but the second time I logged in with my Apple ID and all my info popped up and I didn't need to use a phone number.
    weird.. that did not happen for me and I did login with my Apple ID directly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Well **** it anyway. Looks like they sent me the rose gold version in a regular gold box.

Ordered the regular gold.

Well **** it anyway. Looks like they sent me the rose gold version in a regular gold box.

Ordered the regular gold.
    oops... mistake will packing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Few questions:

Are the delivery date estimates before ordering usually that long? Saying 3-4 weeks on the UK site.

What did you get charged? Looking at a 64GB 6S+

What's the craic with reservation? I could collect it in Scotland next month but it looks like it opens at 6am each day and you can only reserve for that day.

Greetings from my new iPhone 6s :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

oops... mistake will packing?

Panic over. The missus collected it for me and said it looked like rose gold but in fact it's not, she must be going colour blind.

It's definitely a nice dull gold, but not pink! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Are people here buying AppleCare?

Will there be an issue buying from the UK and using AppleCare (if needed)?

Are people here buying AppleCare?

Will there be an issue buying from the UK and using AppleCare (if needed)?

No issues. I bought AC+

Im trying to make a choice between staying a night in belfast and hoping in can reserve without Uk number.
    As written above, this morning I tried to reserve but I kept getting the question about UK number, tried 2 times but it could not go true..

I dont want to pay 30 euros for the train + 4 hours and there is no phone left..even if I take the earliest train it will be arriving 9.45.. all phones are gone by that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Im trying to make a choice between staying a night in belfast and hoping in can reserve without Uk number.
    As written above, this morning I tried to reserve but I kept getting the question about UK number, tried 2 times but it could not go true..

I dont want to pay 30 euros for the train + 4 hours and there is no phone left..even if I take the earliest train it will be arriving 9.45.. all phones are gone by that time.

I was under the impression that they are sold out for the next 3/4 weeks? No?
    I won't have my funds till next week or so and assumed I'd be waiting till near the end of October for it.

Advertisement