Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s unlocked buying options

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I was under the impression that they are sold out for the next 3/4 weeks? No?
    I won't have my funds till next week or so and assumed I'd be waiting till near the end of October for it.

Well this morning there was a "reserve in store" option but everytime I tried to reserve it I got a message that I needed a UK phone number, then I needed to go to work and when I tried again later it said: try again tomorrow. otherwise I will try to call and see if I can reserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Picked up from parcel motel this morning. Got the txt at 3:15am.

Really liking it so far. Super fast. 3D Touch will become second nature after awhile. Live Photos are a bit gimmicky I'd say. Both cameras are very impressive, Touch ID is lightning fast.

I'll probably go for the plus next year but I'm very happy with the 6s now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 saleem

The reservation works fine, what you need to do is login to your account and choose your model and the time you want to pick it up at. I just reserved one.

saleem wrote: »
    The reservation works fine, what you need to do is login to your account and choose your model and the time you want to pick it up at. I just reserved one.

thats exactly what I did.. and it popped me up with number question, otherwise anyone wants to help and try for me to reserve on wednsday ? and sent me the invite by email?

tried again

Request and verify your registration code.
    Step 1
    Text IPMMCZK2HS from a United Kingdom-based mobile phone to 81088.

We’ll text you back a unique registration code. You’ll have 30 minutes to complete your reservation before you have to request a new code.

Step 2
    Enter your phone number and registration code below.

+44
    Your Phone Number
    Your Phone Number

Your Registration Code
    Your Registration Code
    Continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

got my 6S 64GB in NY after work. Cost 718.17e on my Irish card. Just restoring it now, woooo

Congrats! Which carrier did you get it on to be sure that it's unlocked and will work in Ireland?

• Advertisement

no matter what I do or what device I use.. doesnt matter if i sign in with my apple id or @icloud keep getting that message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

What model size and store are you trying?

What model size and store are you trying?

device: iphone 6s plus
    memory: 128gb
    colour: gold

The only option it's giving me is collect today at 2.15

The only option it's giving me is collect today at 2.15

at least you get an option.... i keep getting that message for UK number..also tried with my GF her Apple ID, same message

• Advertisement

Use the "Apple Store" app... Make sure you select the UK store in settings.
    Then choose the make and model you want and click reserve... It'll then direct you out into a direct safari page.

Is that what you were doing?

Use the "Apple Store" app... Make sure you select the UK store in settings.
    Then choose the make and model you want and click reserve... It'll think direct you out into a direct safari page.

Is that what you were doing?

Nope, I went to www.apple.co.uk and performed all steps

Asmooh wrote: »
    Nope, I went to www.apple.co.uk and performed all steps

Try it the way I said and see.

Try it the way I said and see.
    can it be because I use my own domain as Apple id?

I don't know.
    Maybe the verification method is different when directed from the Apple Store app, but I'm only guessing.

I don't know.
    Maybe the verification method is different when directed from the Apple Store app, but I'm only guessing.

I restored my iphone I was planning to sell but nope, same problem also on the iphone
    Added my iPhone back to my account, didnt change anything

my girlfriend tried from her ipad , her apple id and in holland not ireland.. same issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

thats exactly what I did.. and it popped me up with number question, otherwise anyone wants to help and try for me to reserve on wednsday ? and sent me the invite by email?

tried again

Request and verify your registration code.
    Step 1
    Text IPMMCZK2HS from a United Kingdom-based mobile phone to 81088.

We’ll text you back a unique registration code. You’ll have 30 minutes to complete your reservation before you have to request a new code.

Step 2
    Enter your phone number and registration code below.

+44
    Your Phone Number
    Your Phone Number

Your Registration Code
    Your Registration Code
    Continue

I had this issue 2 weeks ago, it turned out I had to change my apple id password, seemingly apple requested I do this a while back but I ignored it. I changed password, signed in again and got the regular reserve option.

naasrd wrote: »
    I had this issue 2 weeks ago, it turned out I had to change my apple id password, seemingly apple requested I do this a while back but I ignored it. I changed password, signed in again and got the regular reserve option.

going to try that one :)

Update: did not solve the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

plenty of people have been walking up and picking one up today seems like plenty of stock in Belfast.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    plenty of people have been walking up and picking one up today seems like plenty of stock in Belfast.

Im going to try on Wednesday :) till take the first train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Is it ok to buy Apple care in Ireland (Apple.ie) rather than in store in Belfast? Anyone do that?

Its cheaper... 109GBP v 99Eur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Theres currently no Applecare+ for 6s in the Irish Store. Thats what I came into this thread to ask about too. If I buy it on the UK store will it be ok for me in the RoI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Im trying to make a choice between staying a night in belfast and hoping in can reserve without Uk number.
    As written above, this morning I tried to reserve but I kept getting the question about UK number, tried 2 times but it could not go true..

I dont want to pay 30 euros for the train + 4 hours and there is no phone left..even if I take the earliest train it will be arriving 9.45.. all phones are gone by that time.

That's strange once you enter your Apple ID your sorted it will reserve for you. Just looking at your other posts are you trying buy from Apple.co.uk or are you trying too reserve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Is the rose gold as revolting a colour in person as it is in pictures?

Is the rose gold as revolting a colour in person as it is in pictures?

Bit harsh? Seems popular. To each their own. Not my cup of tea but I'd hardly say revolting. And anyone who just dropped the best part of a grand on a new device isn't going to say that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Checked after my genius appointment what they had left in 6splus the only models they had was space grey 16gb that was around 5ish don't know about the 6s.

That's strange once you enter your Apple ID your sorted it will reserve for you. Just looking at your other posts are you trying buy from Apple.co.uk or are you trying too reserve?

Yes trying to reserve in belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Bit harsh? Seems popular. To each their own. Not my cup of tea but I'd hardly say revolting. And anyone who just dropped the best part of a grand on a new device isn't going to say that either.

Well, only harsh because I've only seen online pictures. Just wondering whether it was the same colour IRL.

• Advertisement

Well, only harsh because I've only seen online pictures. Just wondering whether it was the same colour IRL.
    Ive seen pictures on dutch forum and the person said its really pink and not gold rose , he compared it with some bracelet his gf had

Url http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/view_message/44983524

Advertisement