Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s unlocked buying options

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

deep1 wrote: »
    Have your tried ordering from apple store app, i did through that and so few others, no need to text.

Yes I tried that few days ago (also my girlfriend with her own Apple ID) same issue.

We are both on the same domain name (not gmail or so).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Asmooh wrote: »
    Yes I tried that few days ago (also my girlfriend with her own Apple ID) same issue.

We are both on the same domain name (not gmail or so).

Tried to reserve one there for you but no 128gb 6 Plus in any color available to reserve in Belfast. Some UK stores have all models available to reserve. Would you not book a flight to London?

dan786 wrote: »
    Tried to reserve one there for you but no 128gb 6 Plus in any color available to reserve in Belfast. Some UK stores have all models available to reserve. Would you not book a flight to London?

I won't be able to make that.. are you willing to try tomorrow morning at 6 directly? (64gb will be my second choice, but 6S+ and gold)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

I won't be able to make that.. are you willing to try tomorrow morning at 6 directly? (64gb will be my second choice, but 6S+ and gold)

Cool will try tomorrow morning for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I need the 128GB 6S+ gold :(, or 64 as second choice for tomorrow morning after 9.45

b.t.w. you got a PM

I should be awake tomorrow morning at 6am. What you'll have to do is order the phone as usual and then pm the code on here. It will then ask you for the code I will receive and my UK phone number.

• Advertisement

I should be awake tomorrow morning at 6am. What you'll have to do is order the phone as usual and then pm the code on here. It will then ask you for the code I will receive and my UK phone number.

thanks I will do that :)

I checked the website again, few available but non in NI :(

Both 64/128, still requires me to text tho..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

thanks I will do that :)

I checked the website again, few available but non in NI :(

Both 64/128, still requires me to text tho..

For what it's worth there's a few available from scalpers over on Adverts. I'd say most of them will be stuck with them as they're asking way over the odds, so you might find one after some arm wrestling over price, cash is king.

Just had a look over there, there's a rose gold 64 6s+ at 1059.

naasrd wrote: »
    For what it's worth there's a few available from scalpers over on Adverts. I'd say most of them will be stuck with them as they're asking way over the odds, so you might find one after some arm wrestling over price, cash is king.

Just had a look over there, there's a rose gold 64 6s+ at 1059.
    1059 is the price for 128 gb at apple store... If i cannot get it ill wait for the 9th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

1059 is the price for 128 gb at apple store... If i cannot get it ill wait for the 9th

Holy f…

Yeah, I'd go in low, they know they have to sell it before the 9th, and there's a good few up and none are selling. It's worth a shot. Nothing to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

naasrd wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd go in low, they know they have to sell it before the 9th, and there's a good few up and none are selling. It's worth a shot. Nothing to lose.

Except that you'd maybe have a better guarantee buying direct from Apple?

Except that you'd maybe have a better guarantee buying direct from Apple?

No. I've bought many there over the last four years, never had an issue.

Good mornong, tried but only 16gb available i see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Good mornong, tried but only 16gb available i see...

Just tried for you too, no colour available in 64/128.

deep1 wrote: »
    Just tried for you too, no colour available in 64/128.

Isn't it weird that there is no colour available since last Saturday? Shouldn't they get stock or so?

Bought a 6s (not plus) gold 128gb :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm in a bit of a pickle, got two options, what do you think I should do?

I'm in the UK next Saturday and could get an iPhone there but I'm looking for a 64 GB + model which is probably the most popular. I don't mind doing that but what are the odds I could get one reserved that morning?

The other option is to wait and order online on the 9th from the Irish store, or today from the UK.

What should I do?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I'm in a bit of a pickle, got two options, what do you think I should do?

I'm in the UK next Saturday and could get an iPhone there but I'm looking for a 64 GB + model which is probably the most popular. I don't mind doing that but what are the odds I could get one reserved that morning?

The other option is to wait and order online on the 9th from the Irish store, or today from the UK.

What should I do?
    If you can order it (good luck) you can do it. I went for normal 6 because the + was unable to get, if for whatever reason I decide I want the plus I can go back and get it anyway. If you have a good working phone you can wait otherwise you can get it :)

If you can order it (good luck) you can do it. I went for normal 6 because the + was unable to get, if for whatever reason I decide I want the plus I can go back and get it anyway. If you have a good working phone you can wait otherwise you can get it :)

If you order off the apple store, would you be able to cancel the order before it ships?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Anyone else have any issues - Charger that came with the 6s didnt work (usb port is blocked - cannot insert cable) - if I had got it local I would send it back, but dont know if its worth posting back to uk.
    Phone is great though - good camera, fast & battery life best yet.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »
    Anyone else have any issues - Charger that came with the 6s didnt work (usb port is blocked - cannot insert cable) - if I had got it local I would send it back, but dont know if its worth posting back to uk.
    Phone is great though - good camera, fast & battery life best yet.

Check is there is plastic on?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    If you order off the apple store, would you be able to cancel the order before it ships?

2-3 weeks waiting time also :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Check is there is plastic on?

Valid thing to ask - but no its not the problem - USB goes half way in - but not far enough to make electrical contact. Something metal in the way I think.

This is my second new IPhone - the last one I bought from the Irish website, a 4S - came with a slightly scratched screen under the screen protector- Apple were great that time and couriered a new one out immediately.

But still - something to think about when buying from abroad.

“Roll it back”

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone know how for far in advance you can reserve one in store? I'm up home in Belfast at the weekend, can I reserve for Sunday or is it a next 24 hours thing only?

awec wrote: »
    Anyone know how for far in advance you can reserve one in store? I'm up home in Belfast at the weekend, can I reserve for Sunday or is it a next 24 hours thing only?

Depending on.. sometimes you can just get it in the store (like I did with my 6s) but the plus model is very hard to get and those are sold out directly.
    I'm also thinking of going to belfast on Sunday, IF they have stock the Plus version.

I think you need to do 24 hours but I want to try and see what happens, I hope new stock arrives on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I haven't got mine yet, but I actually red that exact issue from one of the reviews. So it does seem to be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Hi all...for anyone heading Stateside or that have mates over there, the Apple Stores are selling sim-free handsets. To reserve one in store, you have to indicate a mobile carrier, select T-Mobile. When you get in to collect, ask for an AT&T one. They will then just tell you to put in your own Irish sim card, and remove the AT&T one before turning on.

Dollar is slightly better than sterling at the moment!

Is it worth going to a store without a reservation? I'll be in London this week so I can pop into Regent's St or Covent Garden. I keep logging on early to the store to see what the stock is like but it's sold out quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Apple released a software update to fix that. 9.0.2 I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

This might be a strange one but I have family in Singapore and I am considering purchasing a iPhone 6unlocked from over there. Is there any potential pit falls I need to look out for in terms of support, warranty, if it needs to be fixed etc?

Advertisement