Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s unlocked buying options

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you'll need a third party shipping company to help you in this. you can't just order off the US site and deliver direct to Ireland. Apple know there's a huge price difference between US and IE so they will only ship to the same country as their apple web store you're using. for example, buying from the italian store will only ship to italian street addresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭shooting101

Posted it in the wrong thread! Sorry but anyways, I do have a friend which I got send it to his home then he could ship it to me, he is coming back to Ireland in Christmas time would that be the best option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

You may have difficulty with a US phone if you need to get it fixed under warranty.

I heard that but would actually be problem? I don't mind shipping it to us but let's say I had to get a new or a replacement would I be charged for the duty? Or vat

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I heard that but would actually be problem? I don't mind shipping it to us but let's say I had to get a new or a replacement would I be charged for the duty? Or vat

Thanks.
    If you need a replacement you will have to go to Belfast to get it sorted.

• Advertisement

Ahh I wouldn't really mind it for the price on getting it for.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

That link says Ars will release their own findings within a few hours -

That was 4 days ago - since then - total silence on the internet on this issue (at least from reputable sites)...

I haven't seen any reliable measurement results - either for or against the argument.

*Wonder if they found nothing?
    *Found something and are hard at work getting real life timings (which take time)
    *or were asked to keep it quiet for a few more days? :D

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I think it's a non-issue, that said, when mine arrives (16-20th) I'll be hoping it isn't a Samsung chip. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

If you bought a 6s+ 64gb sim free and regret it I bought a 6s 64gb sim free does anyone want to swap?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I would have been interested to see how two iPhones with the same chip compare. As Ars acknowledge, Apple use different suppliers for all the components. And even with identical components you could still see a 2-3 percent variation.

This really is a complete non-story. I’m not saying Apple haven’t f***ed up or cut corners with some of their products, but these yearly iPhone controversies are pretty much total bullsh*t and distract attention from more important issues. Such as, for example, insufficient RAM in the iPhone 6 Plus last year or barely useable storage in low-end devices this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

22% is is significant difference. While I know many people won't use CPU hungry apps, there is a lot of people who do. I'm not sure those numbers would put my mind at rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If you bought a 6s+ 64gb sim free and regret it I bought a 6s 64gb sim free does anyone want to swap?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057506947/1/#post97352102

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

My 6S+ 64GB is due to arrive tomorrow from Apple.ie :pac:

Sucks being one of those UK or US on the long waiting list :)

Advertisement