Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s unlocked buying options

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

naasrd wrote: »
    I'll be getting mine on launch day in Ireland. I'll just hop into the car and head into Belfast. Can't see anyone getting a boat or train to Britain to get one.

Getting the train isn't much different than driving like you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Wow what an event! I was contemplating over whether spending the extra 50 euro or so. However after checking the german and french site the price is 50 euro extra comparing to last year so there is no difference really!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

I'm sure this sounds like a stupid question but if your buying from the UK Apple Store and getting delivered to parcel motel, you don't need to set up any accounts? Just pay with cr card or PayPal and get it sent to the motel address?

I'm sure this sounds like a stupid question but if your buying from the UK Apple Store and getting delivered to parcel motel, you don't need to set up any accounts? Just pay with cr card or PayPal and get it sent to the motel address?

Yes you can continue as a guest or you can just use your irish account on the uk store

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

nokia211 wrote: »
    Yes you can continue as a guest or you can just use your irish account on the uk store

Thanks very much for the quick reply

• Advertisement

Hello I'm thinking about getting the new iPhone but due to the new iPhone having a better camera, including 4k video I fell like 16gb won't do this time. I just don't want to pay an extra 100 on top of that, checking the french and german apple sites a 64gb iPhone 6 plus would be like 950!!. The prices have gone up around 50 euro. Does anybody know when the prices start to drop on the likes of sites such as adverts and eBay. I want to get one at launch but I don't mind waiting a little longer to get it cheeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So the U.K. Price is actually a tenner cheaper than it'll be in Ireland. Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Got my 64gb 6plus parcel motel way on uk launch last year

You will have no issues using PM great service (buy the extra insurance from pm its very cheap and piece of mind)

This year I will wait for Irish release to upgrade.....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

Check the Belfast website when it's out, then order one, pick a day/time that suits, then head into the city and collect. Did it last year.

Might not be doing a reserve and collect for the 6s.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

Hi guys. I'm selling my iPhone 6 with 128gb. It's spotless. Bought it in Belfast on launch day. PM me if interested 😀.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

drumzone wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm selling my iPhone 6 with 128gb. It's spotless. Bought it in Belfast on launch day. PM me if interested 😀.

Hi. It is not acceptable to sell your wares here. Please take this to adverts.ie instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

There doesn't seem to be a reserve and pick-up in store option for pre-orders this year?

Setting my account on the UK store and trying to add my Irish card.

Using Parce Motel as my shipping address, what do folks use as the billing address ? I'd like to put my Irish one but it will only let me select United Kingdom as the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

So it doesn't look like they'll be doing a reserve in Belfast this year don't know why they have changed that as this was the case last year and queueing up for 10 to 12 hours is something i'm dreading to be honest and then not guaranteed an iPhone 6s plus

I got my plus last year by luck from a guy on boards.ie he gave me his ticket as he was waiting for the 64GB which was very nice of him so this is why i'm wondering is it even worth it going up and I queued last year for nearly 12 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

dave oc wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be a reserve and pick-up in store option for pre-orders this year?

That will be available from the 12th.

The guy in the Belfast store doesn't seem to think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

I remember last year the Victoria square page/UK retail page indicated before pre orders started that reserve for in store pick up would be available. This time it doesn't so I'm guessing it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Setting my account on the UK store and trying to add my Irish card.

Using Parce Motel as my shipping address, what do folks use as the billing address ? I'd like to put my Irish one but it will only let me select United Kingdom as the country?

Full Irish address with the PM post code. Worked fine for me last time

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Full Irish address with the PM post code. Worked fine for me last time

Yeah that's what I did. Country still UK but I'll leave it set as is now. Thanks for the help.

Is it possible to cancel the order before its shipped? When do they charge the card? Will be using a Visa Credit card.

Yeah that's what I did. Country still UK but I'll leave it set as is now. Thanks for the help.

Is it possible to cancel the order before its shipped? When do they charge the card? Will be using a Visa Credit card.

So you used parcel motel last time with Irish credit card and with UK account and it worked fine for you ? How long did it take for you to get the phone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ibebanging

So on the Apple UK site, there is an option to buy with PayPal Credit (monthly payments) !
    I wonder if this is possible using the UK Parcel Motel address?
    I think I'll give it a go and see what happens!

ibebanging wrote: »
    So on the Apple UK site, there is an option to buy with PayPal Credit (monthly payments) !

Yes I was wondering the same thing. Are are you trying now or tomorrow?

You can only apply at checkout, so I'll give it a go tomorrow! I'll post the results!

I was wondering could anyone confirm if the paypal credit works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

ibebanging wrote: »

Is the total price for the phone the same as paying in full?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Is the total price for the phone the same as paying in full?

I think it's something like 14.9% APR...but I might be wrong.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

no it's a HP agreement, as Zcott said it's 14.9APR...

There is a calculator on the site that will work out repayment per month and cost of credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

What model do people think will be the most in demand?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

IMO, i think the 64gb will be the most in demand size....colour, that's a hard on i personally think it'll go in this order : Gold<Rose<Silver<Space Grey

Advertisement