Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s unlocked buying options

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just so everyone is aware there's an option to extent the liability on your parcel motel package if you so decide. Prices are attached. Probably well worth it to ensure peace of mind if you have an iPhone arriving.
    I know it's only 7 euro but surely once it's signed for at the depot, PM are somewhat responsible for making sure it doesn't go missing from Belfast to Dublin? And if the phone is defective, it's Apple's baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Rock of Gibraltar

Any down sides to picking one up in the US and using it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

Hmm I have a 128GB iPhone 6 (unlocked) ... Would it be worth selling and upgrading ?

Would I get much for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Any down sides to picking one up in the US and using it here?

Any problems with the phone you would need to visit an Apple Store with it.

I know it's only 7 euro but surely once it's signed for at the depot, PM are somewhat responsible for making sure it doesn't go missing from Belfast to Dublin? And if the phone is defective, it's Apple's baby.

True but the standard liability with PM is €100 so the extended insurance for €7 is well worth it for peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Liability is €100, so that's what you will get if they lose it. Carriers do not insure automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will the same cases work on the 6S?

Will the same cases work on the 6S?

I think the 6s is slightly thicker so I hope it should be no problem as I have an apple leather that I bought for the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I think the 6s is slightly thicker so I hope it should be no problem as I have an apple leather that I bought for the 6.

The Apple ones are compatible with both phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads where are you all pre ordering from? I wouldnt mind the Belfast store but It would be a 6hr round trip to Belfast

Is there any options that include posting to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads where are you all pre ordering from? I wouldnt mind the Belfast store but It would be a 6hr round trip to Belfast

Is there any options that include posting to me?

Apple.com/uk and deliver to Parcel Motel. That will get it to your in ROI.

My order went through around 08:05am using the Apple Store app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

whiterebel wrote: »
    Liability is €100, so that's what you will get if they lose it. Carriers do not insure automatically.

If they lose it between Belfast and Dublin you get €100. If you have extended liability for the extra €7 you'll get the whole lot back. Worth it in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TConor

did any of you reserve for launch day? If so, how did you manage to send that text? Did you have access to a uk sim card? I'm not having any luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

TConor wrote: »
    did any of you reserve for launch day? If so, how did you manage to send that text? Did you have access to a uk sim card? I'm not having any luck

There's another option to reserve and pick up in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

I wonder if you told apple you needed it to be delivered before 11 on Friday morning would they be able to do anything. Parcel motel said that if it was delivered before or around this time you would get it on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Has everyones cards been charged already? nothing's come off mine yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

naasrd wrote: »
    There's another option to reserve and pick up in store.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do but it's prompting me to send a text from a uk phone number (which I don't have) Did I miss something or is there a workaround?

Thanks

get the app and make sure youre checked into uk and sign in with your apple id and reserve and pick belfast

Did you need to send a text from a UK registered phone number? If so, how did you get around it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Did you need to send a text from a UK registered phone number? If so, how did you get around it?

Thanks

By using the app you don't need to sent text, pre order phone and click on reserve, pick up store and time. Thats all. Looks you can't reserver anymore any way as they are all out of stock and next reservation starts on 26th.
    Lucky to reserve 2 for 25th!

deep1 wrote: »
    By using the app you don't need to sent text, pre order phone and click on reserve, pick up store and time. Thats all. Looks you can't reserver anymore any way as they are all out of stock and next reservation starts on 26th.
    Lucky to reserve 2 for 25th!

It's different on mine, I select my configurations for the phone and at the top it says "check reservation availability" I click on that and and I select the store and sign in and that's when it tells me I need to send that text? any guesses?

Thanks again

It's different on mine, I select my configurations for the phone and at the top it says "check reservation availability" I click on that and and I select the store and sign in and that's when it tells me I need to send that text? any guesses?

Thanks again

Looks like you following the correct steps but for us it is different, see the screenshot below i just tried to reserve but wasnt asked for text, maybe you need to register your phone number with apple or something as i had to add it but was irish number, also try to clear safari cache as for reservations it redirects to safari, i would have reserve for you but i am over the limit as only allowed 2.

Looks like you following the correct steps but for us it is different, see the screenshot below i just tried to reserve but wasnt asked for text, maybe you need to register your phone number with apple or something as i had to add it but was irish number, also try to clear safari cache as for reservations it redirects to safari, i would have reserve for you but i am over the limit as only allowed 2.

Thank you, you've been very helpful. I'll keep trying different ways, otherwise I'll just head up to belfast really early on 26th and see if they've got anything close to what I was looking for.

Thank you, you've been very helpful. I'll keep trying different ways, otherwise I'll just head up to belfast really early on 26th and see if they've got anything close to what I was looking for.

Good luck and keep an eye on this thread, few people won't be able to make it and will post up here for someone else to collect instead, i got mine 2 years ago same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Good luck and keep an eye on this thread, few people won't be able to make it and will post up here for someone else to collect instead, i got mine 2 years ago same way.

Yeah, I've an extra reservation for a steel grey, 16g plus for Friday noon.

naasrd wrote: »
    Yeah, I've an extra reservation for a steel grey, 16g plus for Friday noon.

Thanks, but I'm looking for a 64gb 6S (not too picky on colour, as long as not rose gold)

Thanks, but I'm looking for a 64gb 6S (not too picky on colour, as long as not rose gold)

This model is still available for reserve, if you can get someone else to do for you, checked silver and gold.

This model is still available for reserve, if you can get someone else to do for you, checked silver and gold.

Thanks guys, managed to get someone else to reserve for me. Not sure why I couldn't, maybe it just doesn't like me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any word on the Irish unlocked pricing?

Looked at Apple.FR and it's €969 for a 64GB 6S+...

Advertisement