Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s unlocked buying options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

64gb 6 Plus (Not the new S-version) dropped 40Euro on the Apple site, do ye think it will drop more when the new 6s Plus is released ?

No, that's the new price. The reason it dropped so little is due to the strong dollar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

64gb 6 Plus (Not the new S-version) dropped 40Euro on the Apple site, do ye think it will drop more when the new 6s Plus is released ?

Unlikely. That's the price drop to stay from here until next year, I would expect. The drop was only €40 but the new 6s are getting more expensive due to the weak €, so there will probably be around €100 difference.

€959 for the iPhone 6s Plus 64gb on the German Apple site.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

1 week left for most of us!

nokia211 wrote: »
    1 week left for most of us!

Some of the US shipments have left China.

Anything on the UK orders?

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Some of the US shipments have left China.

Anything on the UK orders?

Still preparing for shipment. But when I go into my support profile it says iPhone 6s plus and the serial number. I think this just means the phone has been allocated.

• Advertisement

Still preparing for shipment. But when I go into my support profile it says iPhone 6s plus and the serial number. I think this just means the phone has been allocated.

I have my serial number too I received my AppleCare+ documents via email.

Has anyone who ordered their iPhone from the uk shipped yet? ��

Has anyone who ordered their iPhone from the uk shipped yet? ��

Nope. Likely to be movement on Wednesday when they leave the UK warehouse to the areas for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ceedey

Weird thing just happened. I was charged for my 6s a few days ago but just checked my account and the notification is gone and money is back in my account. As if it never happened. Order still says ready for dispatch though. Anyone know why this is? Or has happened to anyone else?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Same has happened to me, it's happened to me before tho, with another company!

Don't worry, they aren't going to be sending out phone without taking the £'s! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Thats not a charge, it's an authorisation. They should appear differently on your statement than previous things you bought online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The reviews all seem to say it's a good upgrade but needs a bit of time: 3D Touch needs more apps to support it, and Live Photos seem pretty good but need refined. No word on battery life, but I imagine it'll be similar to the 6.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Joanna Stern was moaning about battery life but said it's the same.

https://www.macstories.net/linked/joanna-stern-on-the-iphone-6s-battery-life/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

How can they moan about battery life of a phone that's not even in peoples hands yet?

eeloe wrote: »
    How can they moan about battery life of a phone that's not even in peoples hands yet?

It's from a review. She has the 6s and tested the battery life against the iPhone 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

The Verge are going on about getting the 6S Plus instead of the 6S. I don't really think that's a fair comment. I've seen the 6+ and it's huge, too big a phone for me. Regular one will be perfect. But then again we all said that years ago...

Anyone else just getting the 6S?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

eeloe wrote: »

In general Apples iPhone battery life is Sh1te,this is not exactly a hidden secret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Has anyone tried going on the drip on this here yet,handy...

The last time I heard iPhone 6 battery life was comparable to similarly sized Android phones, no? The issue people have is that Apple is refusing to make the iPhone thicker or use the gains from CPU optimisation and smaller components to include a larger battery, instead using it to include a taptic engine etc for 3D Touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

jimmynokia wrote: »
    In general Apples iPhone battery life is Sh1te,this is not exactly a hidden secret

I'm at 70%.

The last time I heard iPhone 6 battery life was comparable to similarly sized Android phones, no? The issue people have is that Apple is refusing to make the iPhone thicker or use the gains from CPU optimisation and smaller components to include a larger battery, instead using it to include a taptic engine etc for 3D Touch.

Yeah.

Also the battery saver -- the one that turns on at 20% if you agree -- saves a huge amount of energy. In general I don't need app updates or background refresh, or whatever it's doing.

Background refresh is actually quite efficient in my experience, as are all of iOS's background activities. The problem is crappy, poorly developed apps which even with all notifications, location services and refresh turned off, will still find a way to rape your battery, either by using VOIP or abusing the post-exit grace period. If you don’t trust an app not to abuse its background permissions, you should delete it altogether. I’ve zero tolerance for sh**ty, inefficient apps and I’ve have never experienced the rapid battery drain problems people on here are always having.

Background refresh is actually quite efficient in my experience, as are all of iOS's background activities. The problem is crappy, poorly developed apps which even with all notifications, location services and refresh turned off, will still find a way to rape your battery, either by using VOIP or abusing the post-exit grace period. If you don’t trust an app not to abuse its background permissions, you should delete it altogether. I’ve zero tolerance for sh**ty, inefficient apps and I’ve have never experienced the rapid battery drain problems people on here are always having.

I agree but I do look at usage stats and turn off background refresh for busy apps and even then the energy saver helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

What colour iPhones are ye going for?

Anyone for the gold or rose gold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I got the gold 6S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

when is the Irish Release Date for the 6s

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

What colour iPhones are ye going for?

Anyone for the gold or rose gold?

Went for the 6s 64gb, Space Grey. I like the look of the Rose Gold but I would need to see one in person to decide on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Joanna Stern was moaning about battery life but said it's the same.

https://www.macstories.net/linked/joanna-stern-on-the-iphone-6s-battery-life/

The battery in the 6s is actually smaller and lower capacity the the one in the 6. A lot of the sites have reported this.

It actually gets the same amount of use as the 6, due to the new processor in the 6s which saves a bit of power. Really bad move on apple's part.

• Advertisement

stoksyXL wrote: »
    The battery in the 6s is actually smaller and lower capacity the the one in the 6. A lot of the sites have reported this.

It actually gets the same amount of use as the 6, due to the new processor in the 6s which saves a bit of power. Really bad move on apple's part.

They needed that space for the 3D Touch sensors.

Advertisement