Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s unlocked buying options

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

They needed that space for the 3D Touch sensors.

I know, that was in the article. F**k the 3D touch, is it really needed? It's more battery life that we all crave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

stoksyXL wrote: »
    I know, that was in the article. F**k the 3D touch, is it really needed? It's more battery life that we all crave.

It's welcome innovation.

Better battery life would be great but when the phone charges so fast anyway, I don't ever find running out of battery a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Apple are laying the groundwork for more efficient batteries, meaning an increase in battery size is actually a bigger increase in battery life than Samsung's approach of just making the battery bigger. I'm ok with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MadeUReadThis

Any nice Aer Lingus/BA/ Delta Airline staff that want a nice new unlocked 6S this weekend heading home from America just give me a shout, we can trade, family and friends discounted ticket for going home at Xmas and you can have your 6S Friday :P no? no? Suppose I'm asking for waaaaay too much lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Zcott wrote: »
    Apple are laying the groundwork for more efficient batteries.

Sounds interesting, Could you link me to details?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Elessar wrote: »
    The Verge are going on about getting the 6S Plus instead of the 6S. I don't really think that's a fair comment. I've seen the 6+ and it's huge, too big a phone for me. Regular one will be perfect. But then again we all said that years ago...

Anyone else just getting the 6S?
    yup, I was contemplating getting the Plus version (for a split second), but because I cycle everyday and do a lot of outdoor stuff with kids it wouldnt be the best option I think. I would definitely get a 5 inch option (so 0.3 more), but that extra bit is too much with Plus. Also it is even more expensive.

Only ordered it 3 days ago and delivery supposed to be between 30 and 7th of October, so soon enough.

Regards

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

stoksyXL wrote: »

I'm looking forward to 3d touch to be honest, the one thing that's always bothered me, was there was no "quick" way to add a new contact, say you meet someone on the street and you wanna grab their number....you've to unlock the phone, open up the phone app, type in the number, select create new contact bla bla bla...

now, 3d touch, create new contact...bang...done...1 and a half presses of the screen, compared to 7! I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

symbolic wrote: »
    Sounds interesting, Could you link me to details?

Sorry, on re-reading my post it's a bit unclear. What I meant was that Apple's approach is to use the battery more efficiently than other handset manufacturers, who just keep putting in bigger batteries.

Sorry, on re-reading my post it's a bit unclear. What I meant was that Apple's approach is to use the battery more efficiently than other handset manufacturers, who just keep putting in bigger batteries.

Ah I don't think apple are on their own there unfortunately. For whatever reason they do it. :) spose it's all space saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Still no movement on these? For a Friday delivery?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Last time i bought direct from Apple for release, I got the dispatch email at around 6pm on the Wednesday.

Still no movement on these? For a Friday delivery?!

They're more than likely already in the UK now being sorted for dispatch. Don't worry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm just wondering, when we get the UPS tracking numbers, would we be able to contact UPS, and get them to change the delivery address to our own addresses instead of PM?

Dispatched :D

EDIT: Carrier UK Mail - how can I track this one? Tried their website and no joy...

Dispatched :D

EDIT: Carrier UK Mail - how can I track this one? Tried their website and no joy...

They can be very slow to update things. I wouldn't worry too much, just gonna sit back and wait for the email from Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Just got an email from parcel motel Dublin to say my package has arrived there. Photo looks like an iPhone box :eek: can't think of anything else I ordered

Here comes the six million posts for the next week with updates galore.

"MINE HAS BEEN SCANNED AT CARRIER DESTINATION!!!!!!!111one"

Just got an email from parcel motel Dublin to say my package has arrived there. Photo looks like an iPhone box :eek: can't think of anything else I ordered

Case with your order or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

You should have it tomorrow so.

Stupid question but I haven't used Parcel Motel in a while - I've €4 in my account, do I need do do anything with that or do they collect once I've received the package?

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Case with your order or anything?

No bud, only other thing I ordered recently are headphone and I'm not expecting those yet. Must be the phone. Looks like it anyway.

No bud, only other thing I ordered recently are headphone and I'm not expecting those yet. Must be the phone. Looks like it anyway.

Hopefully it's the phone :D very jealous! What time did you order out of interest?

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Hopefully it's the phone :D very jealous! What time did you order out of interest?

Ordered about 8:30 on the Friday. Fingers crossed :D I'll know when I wake up.

also if you could link me to some of these approach docs, that would be great. Involved in dev and think these docs would be very useful for the team. thanks.

Stupid question but I haven't used Parcel Motel in a while - I've €4 in my account, do I need do do anything with that or do they collect once I've received the package?

3.95e is the PM delivery charge, I assume you increased the standard liability with PM from 100e to 1000e which is an extra 7e?

symbolic wrote: »
    also if you could link me to some of these approach docs, that would be great. Involved in dev and think these docs would be very useful for the team. thanks.

Not sure if this is what you are after.....

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/documentation/Performance/Conceptual/EnergyGuide-iOS/

3.95e is the PM delivery charge, I assume you increased the standard liability with PM from 100e to 1000e which is an extra 7e?

I did, just in case :D

Still no sign of the tracking number working for UKMail...

Ordered about 8:30 on the Friday. Fingers crossed :D I'll know when I wake up.

Well false alarm :mad:

Was the headphones I wasn't expecting for about another week! In an iPhone sized box.

Roll on Saturday morning. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

I did, just in case :D

Still no sign of the tracking number working for UKMail...

Same here. Tracking not working.

• Advertisement

https://www.ukmail.com/manage-my-delivery/manage-my-delivery

Track here.

Use Customer Reference number and postcode.

Advertisement