Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s unlocked buying options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Well false alarm :mad:

Was the headphones I wasn't expecting for about another week! In an iPhone sized box.

Roll on Saturday morning. Fingers crossed.

I would have got sick :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Nice to find this, I was thinking of going to Belfast next weekend to get an 6s plus, carphonewarehouse says they have it in stock starting the 25th for the 128GB gold version.. but idn.. would be nicer if i can buy it from the official apple store?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

My tracking has just started to work! awaiting collection apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

eeloe wrote: »
    I would have got sick :(

Haha I was a bit pissed alright. Ah well, waiting is half the fun.

Wouldn't mind but the headphones weren't even for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

jasonhn wrote: »
    My tracking has just started to work! awaiting collection apparently.

Just checked mine and it says collected. Hopefully a Saturday delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Reckon the chances of it arriving at PM in Newtownabbey by tomorrow are slim.

UKMail don't have a depot in Northern Ireland either according to a map on their site. Monday/Tuesday is looking most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Reckon the chances of it arriving at PM in Newtownabbey by tomorrow are slim.

UKMail don't have a depot in Northern Ireland either according to a map on their site. Monday/Tuesday is looking most likely.

I would say the chances of it arriving tomorrow are good. My last UK Apple order arrived there on time.

Hopefully Saturday morning picking up from the local motel.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I would say the chances of it arriving tomorrow are good. My last UK Apple order arrived there on time.

Hopefully Saturday morning picking up from the local motel.
    Hope you're right sir! :)

Was UKMail used last time can ya remember?

Haha I was a bit pissed alright. Ah well, waiting is half the fun.

Wouldn't mind but the headphones weren't even for me :P

That makes it even worse.

Yeah i'm really hoping for the Saturday delivery at the local PM, her in doors, her 5 finally bit the bullet last night, home button not working and the sleep wake is gone too...and she's breathing down my neck for my current 6 plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

and she's breathing down my neck for my current 6 plus.
    Whatever you do, dont agree to toss a coin to see who becomes the owner of the new phone.... Did that with the missus and lost a new 5S :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Hope you're right sir! :)

Was UKMail used last time can ya remember?

Northerner here, my Air 2 arrived with UKMail, as did a refurb Mac a while ago. Not the easiest site to use, but no issues with deliveries.

no one is going to belfast to collect one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Awaiting collection :(

Doubt I'll get it for Saturday at this stage.

Elessar wrote: »
    Awaiting collection :(

Doubt I'll get it for Saturday at this stage.

You never know. They have around 24 hours to get a very large batch to Newtownabbey from wherever it was picked up in the UK.

Presume PM have upped their staff to cater for the massive increase in orders.

Mine says collected as of 12.08pm today.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Whatever you do, dont agree to toss a coin to see who becomes the owner of the new phone.... Did that with the missus and lost a new 5S :(

I paid for the new one, and she's getting the hand me down, bit sickened when i saw the prices unlocked gold 64gb 6 plus' are making on adverts, but it's a small price to pay for an easy life! :)

You never know. They have around 24 hours to get a very large batch to Newtownabbey from wherever it was picked up in the UK.

24th September 2015 11:29 Collected

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Asmooh wrote: »
    no one is going to belfast to collect one?

I will be there after work :)

deep1 wrote: »
    I will be there after work :)

did you pre-order? I didn't but want to get mine next week Sat or Sun

eeloe wrote: »
    I paid for the new one, and she's getting the hand me down, bit sickened when i saw the prices unlocked gold 64gb 6 plus' are making on adverts, but it's a small price to pay for an easy life! :)

im selling mine also for 600 :) my new one costs 1077 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Asmooh wrote: »
    did you pre-order? I didn't but want to get mine next week Sat or Sun

Yes reserved 2 for me and mrs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

24th September 2015 11:50 Collected hopefully I get it on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

mine was collected at 1.30 so hopefully it gets to parcel motel tomorrow and I can collect it on Saturday morning

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Unlikely.

It's not about the number of staff, it's whether or not they have space in the motels. If they are full you'll have to wait.

Whether or not something that leaves the retailer at lunch time today will arrive in Belfast tomorrow depends on what postage method is used.

If it's Royal Mail then it'll probably arrive as RM are faster than the couriers usually. If it's the couriers it'll depend on whether or not it's standard or express delivery.

You might get lucky though.

awec wrote: »
    Unlikely.

It's not about the number of staff, it's whether or not they have space in the motels. If they are full you'll have to wait.

Whether or not something that leaves the retailer at lunch time today will arrive in Belfast tomorrow depends on what postage method is used.

If it's Royal Mail then it'll probably arrive as RM are faster than the couriers usually. If it's the couriers it'll depend on whether or not it's standard or express delivery.

You might get lucky though.
    I just changed my motel to the local one near my house rather than the busier one in a shopping centre. Can't take no chances! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

I'm just happy I have my slot so I don't have to queue thank god not like last year 12 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Hey guys,

Have a reservation for Belfast 11:15-11:30am, if anyone wants to take it as I wont be able to make it.

iPhone 6S 64GB Space Grey

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MadeUReadThis

Beyond excited to get mine- 8am tomorrow morning NY time. AHHHHH. Moving from the S6 Edge , stupidly excited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Beyond excited to get mine- 8am tomorrow morning NY time. AHHHHH. Moving from the S6 Edge , stupidly excited

Coming from a 6 the excitement isn't the highest but looking forward to testing 3D Touch & 4K video recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Coming from a 6 the excitement isn't the highest but looking forward to testing 3D Touch & 4K video recording.

Yeah me too coming from a 6 plus space grey
    to an iPhone 6s plus silver

• Advertisement

I went for gold this time to spice it up a bit :P

Upgrading to the "S" model isn't very riveting. Going from the "S" range to the 7 next year will be exciting though.

Advertisement