Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC building help

Options
  • 01-09-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? 500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming and editing

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? i7 6700k, harddrive 500gb seagate barracuda, 256gb crucial m4, 512gb samsung 830, lg read and write disc drive, 550w bronze psu, xfx 7870 2gb

5. Do you need a monitor? no

6. Do you need peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? not bothered

8. How can you pay? CC, Paypal, Bank Transfer, etc.

9. When are you purchasing? anytime

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? no help needed
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Sorry but are you just looking for a case and motherboard?
    Also that CPU is overclockable so if not looking to overclock you could possibly get something cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

MRTULES wrote: »
    Sorry but are you just looking for a case and motherboard?
    Also that CPU is overclockable so if not looking to overclock you could possibly get something cheaper.

Yeah pretty much a case motherboard and ram, and potentially a gpu for future. I read online that you need ddr4 for skylake or at least for most lga1151 mobos is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

I believe most/some are backwards compatible but if you need new ram anyway, probably best get some tastey ddr4 if its not too expensive. Depending on what games your playing and what resolution your playing at, you GPU might still be fine.

MRTULES wrote: »
    I believe most/some are backwards compatible but if you need new ram anyway, probably best get some tastey ddr4 if its not too expensive. Depending on what games your playing and what resolution your playing at, you GPU might still be fine.

Yeah it did me in the past for gaming and editing, and i dont think itll be too bottleknecked from 4 generations, hopefully not anyways :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

GPU needs an upgrade imo

8gb DDR4 is about €58, worth it

Put €60 to RAM, €130 to an overclockable board and the rest into a R9 390 or something similar

• Advertisement

GPU needs an upgrade imo

8gb DDR4 is about €58, worth it

Put €60 to RAM, €130 to an overclockable board and the rest into a R9 390 or something similar

What are the best websites to buy from? Hardwareversand i hear is in administration

Im torn between ordering off Case king and Computer universe.

Which is the better motherboard?

MSI Z170A PC Mate vs ASUS Z170-P D3, Intel Z170

Advertisement