Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN Store: Destiny The Taken King Legendary Edition

Options
  • 02-09-2015 12:56am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey everyone,
    I just started playing Destiny after owning the physical copy of it for over a year and really enjoying it, however I need the last 2 expansions which are priced as 34.99 on the PSN store as a season pass and then there's the taken king which is 39.99 as a standalone purchase if you own the original game and the past 2 expansions.

If I order the season pass for 34.99 and then order The taken king it comes to 75 euro but if I order the Legendary edition it includes everything including the vanilla destiny which I already own for 70 euro, a 5 euro saving. However, it's only for pre-order so am I right in presuming that if I order this now that I won't unlock the past 2 expansions till the 15th of september and will have to start the game again as it's technically another copy of the entire destiny game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's a good question and I honestly don't know the answer. I was in a similar dilemma having played vanilla on Xbox One but wanted to get back into it on PS4. I bought the Digital Collector's Edition, which was $79.99 - working out at slightly cheaper than the European Legendary Edition - on the US Store. I could downloand the base game and two expansions immediately and am only waiting on House of the Wolves. I know it's definitely only the Digital Collector's Edition that lets you download the vanilla game straight away so at a guess I'd say they take the same approach to the expansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Game progress is tied to your Bungie profile, not your tag kind of thing, I would just wait and get the legendary one with all the content in 2 weeks time...

Unfortunately save files are not cross platform like GTA, can't go 360 to PS4, but can go PS3 to PS4 AFAIK....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cool, what i'll do is wait 2 weeks and see what argos are gonna charge, they could turn out to be cheaper than the ps store.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Might be worth bearing in mind that PCGamesuply are currently having a sale on US credit. It's just under €80 for $100 credit, you can get the Digital Collector's Edition for $79.99 and have $20 left over. I got the Vanishing of Ethan Carter too.

Advertisement