Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxol Donabate

Options
  • 02-09-2015 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I just noticed the Maxol in Donabate has closed. It's getting a €2 mill investment. I actually think this is great and long over due the garage had been in complete disrepair for years and will be a great addition to the area when it reopens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I just noticed the Maxol in Donabate has closed. It's getting a €2 mill investment. I actually think this is great and long over due the garage had been in complete disrepair for years and will be a great addition to the area when it reopens.

Any idea on when it is re-opening? Christmas? My wife says its the cheapest petrol on her current route

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

I was told sometime between December and early 2016. It sounds like its going to be a lovely garage when it reopens.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

It's been the cheapest garage around in years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

We got a leaflet in the door. It's due to reopen in "early 2016".

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

That seems like a long time. The two new Applegreens in Swords flew up in (what seemed Like) a couple of weeks?

For those of you interested enough, here are the planning docs / plans...

Fingal C.C.

• Advertisement

There are a lot of buildings to demolish and they have yet to start. I'd say the bulk of the work will be demolishing what's there and removing it from the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

Yeah, probably waste management regulations to follow also with the Removal of Petrol/Diesel Tanks, Fuel and Grease traps etc. Still it's nice to see it being upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

I would say removing the old tanks and all the associated waste will take time. I am confused as to why no work has started yet, I would have thought they would keep it open till they were ready for work to start. I think it will be a great garage when its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Lots of activity when passing site today. Looks like everything has been cleared at this stage.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Lots of activity when passing site today. Looks like everything has been cleared at this stage.

A lot of activity in the past couple of weeks. There's a digger slowly disappearing into the ground. I presume this hole will be for the tanks.

Hopefully we set it open again in January. "Early in the New Year" was a bit vague but looking good at the moment as a lot of progress seems to have been made.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭roverrules

Tropheus wrote: »
    A lot of activity in the past couple of weeks. There's a digger slowly disappearing into the ground. I presume this hole will be for the tanks.

Hopefully we set it open again in January. "Early in the New Year" was a bit vague but looking good at the moment as a lot of progress seems to have been made.

+1

As in there are 2 diggers in the hole now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Finglas Flier

thesteve wrote: »
    It's been the cheapest garage around in years :)

I agree it it certainly cheap...but usually out of my way..

Advertisement