Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenville Drive estate off Clonsilla road

Options
  • 02-09-2015 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Any recommendations on what Glenville Drive estate is like, just off clonsilla road? What are the schools like around the area? Any disturbances with noise or antisocial behaviour? Many thanks in advance....

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I live very close to that. so you bought that house that was up for sale I presume? great access to schools its in the catchment area for st francis xaviers which is an 8 minute walk. That road and the roads around it have an average age of about 60 which means its extremely quiet and very settled. I have been living here for 35 years and never seen any anti social behaviour at all. its a great estate. obviously there are estates within a 5 - 10 minute drive that are sh1t holes but glenville is one of the quietest in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dogsrock123

I live very close to that. so you bought that house that was up for sale I presume? great access to schools its in the catchment area for st francis xaviers which is an 8 minute walk. That road and the roads around it have an average age of about 60 which means its extremely quiet and very settled. I have been living here for 35 years and never seen any anti social behaviour at all. its a great estate. obviously there are estates within a 5 - 10 minute drive that are sh1t holes but glenville is one of the quietest in Blanchardstown.

Thank you very much that is very helpful... D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Have to agree - Glenville, Delwood and Roselawn are very quiet and the school is very good. Mostly Owner occupiers in their 60s. Lots of retired Guards in the area. A few young families have moved in over the last few years but generally the area is not old enough to be on its true second generation of residents.
    The only problem you will face is what to call the area - addresses vary between Castleknock, sheepmore, Blanchardstown, Coolmine and just Dublin 15 with no townland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

within a 5 - 10 minute drive

You're a fast driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

AlanG wrote: »
    Have to agree - Glenville, Delwood and Roselawn are very quiet and the school is very good. Mostly Owner occupiers in their 60s. Lots of retired Guards in the area. A few young families have moved in over the last few years but generally the area is not old enough to be on its true second generation of residents.
    The only problem you will face is what to call the area - addresses vary between Castleknock, sheepmore, Blanchardstown, Coolmine and just Dublin 15 with no townland.

Have lived in Glenville all my life and have seen varying addresses but sheepmore is new to me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

AGC wrote: »
    Have lived in Glenville all my life and have seen varying addresses but sheepmore is new to me:D

I have never heard it used but it is what appears on the old maps and planning for glenville and delwood. Sheepmoor is actually the old townland name for Delwood, glenville and parts of the area on the other side of the tracks.
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V2,707248,737995,9,7

Advertisement