Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOD thanking in thread ,But then closes thread....

Options
  • 02-09-2015 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

OK don't expect this thread to last long ,

But the water related thread (Lismore park) was closed pretty sharp ,Which I don't have a big problem with ,
    But why does a mod thank a few posts showing his feels /expressing a view on the matter but then decides to close the thread
    Stating .
    pointless thread
    serves no purpose
    no Worthwhile discussion....

Why thank posts if you think they are any of the above . ?
    Surely the act of thanking posts shows you agree with what was say or posted , showing you think the post was at least worthwhile.

Anyway don't expect this to be around to long.
    Rant over.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Completely agree with you - they even tried to cut down criticism of Fine Gael in this forum by creating one mega thread for it all to go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Mods will be mods we must bow to their superiour powers.

OP you do know thread wont last long and you will be told to take it to PM where nothing will be resolved :D the same thing happened to a recent thread here, it was closed in haste for no real reason. Imagine having a discussion website where no one can discuss an issue without it being shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

will yea all just shut up, dont yea know its a none discussion discussion forum. feck sake!

.....now i must gather my thoughts for a response to a mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You will do as you are told. No more criticism of government or its policies please. Unless someone other than FG are in government of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I don't think you have a fair point ,the thread was vexatious from the start 2 Mods agreed with posts that pointed this out and it was then closed as it was always going no where!
    Nothing to see here as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That was an asinine thread started by a someone behaving like a rabble rousing idiot, who was at home presumably rather than protesting.

Yeah, I think Sully was right to close that thread. The op in the last thread that was closed was saying people have no balls cause at 1 in the day on a Monday people weren't protesting? He does realize people are in work at 1 on a Monday right? and even if they weren't in work a lot of people agree with the water charges, but can't say anything because if you show support for it in public you are branded a 'traitor' by some elements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Can I also add that I think TheQuietFella ia an habitual masturbater but not in exactly in those words.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lads, if you got an issue with a mod then please PM the mod.
    Got an issue with mod decision and you can't work it out then bring it to a CMod. But if you're going to do this then provide supporting evidence.

In this case the thread was locked as its general Irish Water ranting and raving...if Sully hadn't locked it then I would have. The same as many Irish Water related threads which were posted in the last 24hrs which included photos of IW employee's and adding nothing constructive or useful to the forum in general but which have since been deleted.

The user who posted these threads has been banned for a short period because of their decision to ignore mod decision, I fully support this ban as the user knew what they were doing when they reposted the same thread that had already been closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement