Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House Sitting, 2 days Tipperary

• 02-09-2015 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm getting married in the next 10 days and my folks, living in the north tipp region are looking to find a house-sitter for 2 days while they're away. We've already asked neighbors but they're either going to the wedding, on holidays or working. The house is somewhat remote and the way things are going down here at the moment, they'd be loathe to leave it unoccupied for 2 days.

Anyone know of a decent professional house-sitter that will service Tipperary?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Suggestions

Get in an electrician to put in a time switch in an interior room, a standard lamp no need for a shade with the highest voltage you can get, that comes on every fifteen minutes. You may not need an electrician as these time switches can be bought off the shelf from electrical wholesalers.

Borrow a good second hand car from your local from your local garage and leave it outside the house.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Cheers Xenophile. Yeah I actually got the folks two of those timers for when they were away for a few days last year. And we have three "idle" cars already in the yard. Unfortunately, almost everyone around the area knows they'll be away for the wedding, which means the local scumbags also probably know. This place has blown up with robberies in the last year. If all else fails, I'll get one of the non-attending cousins to camp out here for the 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I will be keeping an eye on facebook for notice of the party.

Seriously, I cannot blame them for being a bit nervous. I have been burgled twice while on hols in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

We did the same and got a cousin to stay in the house for the night.
    Surely there is someone local they could trust? I'd much rather that to a stranger, professional or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Dad has gotten one of his friend's young lad to camp there for the weekend now. They'll pay him a few bob and he'll be there to feed the dogs also.

I know the whole country is riddled with crime at the moment but Tipp it seems to be rampant.

Advertisement