Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to old cheques

Options
  • 02-09-2015 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭

I have a cheque number and lodgement date on my statement, is it possible to get sight of that cheque as payment is being disputed? It dates to April 2013.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

looksee wrote: »
    I have a cheque number and lodgement date on my statement, is it possible to get sight of that cheque as payment is being disputed? It dates to April 2013.
    Hi looksee, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Yes it's possible to retrieve a copy of this cheque. You can do this by contacting us on 365 Online by going to the Online Service Desk and then choose the Ask a Question option. If you provide us with the date and amount of the cheque you need, our representative will be happy to send this to you. 

Alternatively, you can call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and select option 1 followed by the * to speak with a representative. This phone number is available 8am to midnight and 9am to 6pm on weekends. To request a copy of a cheque, there's a charge of €4.44, you can find this in our Schedule of Fees and Charges on page 10 here.

If there's anything else we can help with please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thank you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I contacted Banking 365 on the 2nd, asking for a copy of the cheque. They got back a few days later but there was no image of the cheque as they stated, just a blank frame. So I contacted them again, and again they eventually replied, this time with the small 'dud image' icon.

Can someone sort this for me please?

Edit, ok, I opened it, I realised it was a png and sorted it. A jpg would be handier.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

looksee wrote: »
    I contacted Banking 365 on the 2nd, asking for a copy of the cheque. They got back a few days later but there was no image of the cheque as they stated, just a blank frame. So I contacted them again, and again they eventually replied, this time with the small 'dud image' icon.

Can someone sort this for me please?

Thank you
    Hi looksee, 

Thanks for your reply. 

We're sorry to hear you haven't received the cheque image in our replies to you. If you would like to send us a private message here, we will request a representative to call you and arrange this for you. 
    Please only include your name and contact number in your private message. To send us a private message here, click on the link in my signature below.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement