Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Reactivating Sensors

Options
  • 02-09-2015 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

I have a GE Simon XT monitored system (wireless) and deleted some sensors yesterday. I probably deleted some of them a bit prematurely and want to add some back in - or reactivate them. The sensors haven't been moved, I just deleted them while on the phone to Phonewatch.

I still have the access code and have tried looking through the menus but not too sure what to select. Don't want to bother ringing up Phonewatch again, I'm assuming it's easy enough to do myself with the code. Would anyone know the correct menus or options to select once I'm in?

I was thinking of the learn sensors option but then it goes into selecting tripping them and don't want to be setting off the alarm if it's not the way to do it!

If anyone can help that'd be great :D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ill PM you the manual.
    That should cover all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Thanks a million that would be great!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Actually, I found it here. This might help others.

Learning sensors

1. Press the scroll buttons until the panel displays System programming.
    2. Press Enter. The system prompts for an access code.
    3. Enter the dealer or installer code and press Enter. The panel displays Access Codes.
    4. Press the scroll buttons until the panel displays Sensors.
    5. Press Enter. The panel displays Learn sensor.
    6. Press Enter. The panel displays Trip sensor ##, with the number signs flashing.

Note: If you wish to use a sensor number other than the next one available, use the number keys to enter a two-digit

7. Press the sensor program button or release the sensor tamper switch. The panel displays Sn ## Grp 10

<Front Door>, with the Grp 10 flashing. Use the number or scroll buttons if you want to enter a new

group number; press Enter to accept the group number displayed.
    8. The sensor text is now flashing. Use the scroll buttons to scroll through the text list or enter the three-
    digit shortcut. (See Table 36 on page 68 and Table 37 on page 69 for these three-digit codes). Press
    Enter to accept the first text segment. You may enter more text or press Enter again to finish adding
    9. The panel displays Trip Sensor ## (with the next available sensor number). Press STATUS repeatedly to exit.

Advertisement