Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with network?

Options
  • 02-09-2015 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭

Is there a problem with the network? Unable to make or receive any calls.

Not the only person with this issue it seems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tenbob1

Owryan wrote: »
    Is there a problem with the network? Unable to make or receive any calls.

Not the only person with this issue it seems
    Having problems here in Castlebar as well, I can take incoming calls, but cannot make any outgoing one's.  Its making doing business difficult this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

think they're is a network problem nationwide 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

There seems to be a massive issue with the network in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

same issue in Cork...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭janedoe007

Same in co Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Same in Co. Limerick

Eircom warns several services are down across the country
    http://www.newstalk.com/Eircom-outage-Dublin-fault-landlines-mobile-Meteor-EMobile
    Telecoms operator Eircom has said they are experiencing "some issues" with landlines and mobile services.

It says customers with ISDN lines are not able make outgoing calls.
    While calls from eMobile or the Meteor network to some numbers - including '1800' numbers - will receive a message saying they cannot connect the call.

It adds that the "intermittent issue" is affecting some businesses which use '1800' and '1500' numbers.
    Eircom say the issue began just before 10am, and that standard fixed line numbers are unaffected.

This issue has also affected calls into their customer care centres. But people can log a fault or report any issue here.
    In a statement, the firm says: "We are working to resolve this issue as soon as we can".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Same in Co. Limerick

Eircom warns several services are down across the country
    http://www.newstalk.com/Eircom-outage-Dublin-fault-landlines-mobile-Meteor-EMobile
    Telecoms operator Eircom has said they are experiencing "some issues" with landlines and mobile services.

It says customers with ISDN lines are not able make outgoing calls.
    While calls from eMobile or the Meteor network to some numbers - including '1800' numbers - will receive a message saying they cannot connect the call.

It adds that the "intermittent issue" is affecting some businesses which use '1800' and '1500' numbers.
    Eircom say the issue began just before 10am, and that standard fixed line numbers are unaffected.

This issue has also affected calls into their customer care centres. But people can log a fault or report any issue here.
    In a statement, the firm says: "We are working to resolve this issue as soon as we can".

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

I spoke with our companies Business Account manager. 
    All of Ireland is having this issue. Either no calls or intermittant or incorrectly routed calls.
    Its so bad I tried ringing their 1800400200 support line and reached a Solicitors in Cork!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Issue is affecting more than eircom are admitting. Can't ring any mobile or landline numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Issue is affecting more than eircom are admitting. Can't ring any mobile or landline numbers
    I'm seeing the same - having problems with calls to 3 (a former O2 number).

• Advertisement

Good to see the reps here are on top of letting their customers know about this issue.

They must use the same methods as 3; ie say nothing, head in sand and ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 22 COLMCS

A few SLAs' shall be broken today!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Good to see the reps here are on top of letting their customers know about this issue.

They must use the same methods as 3; ie say nothing, head in sand and ignore
    customer service the Irish way

Ignore it and wait for the noise to die down

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

It says alot that I know more about this by talking to Vodafone support than by talking to Eircom support........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This isn't the only place you can get info from them, they've been tweeting updates in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ThisRegard wrote: »
    This isn't the only place you can get info from them, they've been tweeting updates in fairness.
    HI all
    yes issue nation wide I am afraid.

Just to update on issue reported here.

We have been advised that service to Dublin 01 numbers is back working normally and mobile traffic is working but at a slightly reduced capacity.

We will add more information as it becomes available.

As we continue to experience issues with Freephone calls into our call centres the following is a list of numbers on which you can contact us.
    These numbers should allow customers to contact us by bypassing the Freephone issue.

Please note customers will be charged local or national rates (where applicable)

It is also essential the customer call the correct number in order to route to the correct location
    • Consumer Care Fixed 01 765 2599
    • Business Care Fixed 01 765 2633
    • Broadband Technical Support 01 765 2798
    • Meteor Care Bill Pay 01 765 2036
    • Meteor Care Pay As You Go 01 765 2037
    • emobile Care Bill Pay 01 765 2039
    • emobile care Pay As You Go 01 765 2752
    • emobile care Business 01 765 2035
    • Ent/Gov/Commercial Business 01 468 8530
    • 01 468 8530
    • eMobile Business Care 01 701 1450
    [*]

Exactly if they could update twitter ( where I found out about the outage) then they could easily have left a note in the forum

Exactly if they could update twitter ( where I found out about the outage) then they could easily have left a note in the forum
    twitter is cool though

or at least people think they're cool when they're on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Or you know, simply a pretty excellent method of communicating with a large amount of people

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I had a phone interview today. Thanks be to god there was nothing wrong with the call

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Reps,

What was the cause of such a major outage?

Regards, PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Reps,

What was the cause of such a major outage?

Regards, PM
    Hi Quentin Embarrassed Coupon

The cause is still being investigated, I'll update the thread with as much info as I can when it becomes available.

Cheers
    Al

Or you know, simply a pretty excellent method of communicating with a large amount of people
    ah twas only joshing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lawred2 wrote: »
    ah twas only joshing
    Cheers lawred2 :)
    Al

Advertisement