Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GrabOne product - genuine?

Options
  • 02-09-2015 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I noticed that GrabOne are selling Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation for 22.99 (RRP €36). Just wondering if the product is likely to be genuine? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Why would it not be? The reduction is less than on many of their other offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

They tend to offer very limited shades, the ones that don't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Just thought it was a bit too good to be true, that's all! I'm lucky enough in that my shade is there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I would be cautious in relation to MAC products - there are so many counterfeits around.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why would it not be? The reduction is less than on many of their other offers.
    It is a different product than most of their offers.

I do not now how much commision grabone take but groupon take a massive 50%. This is why these types of sites attract certain types of businesses. Ones with low actual cost of service/product. This is why they are littered with massage parlours, beauticians, restaurants, lessons, guide tours, etc.

When I see an actual tangible product going at a very low price I would be very wary about how it can be sold so low, considering the massive commision they must pay the company.

Some people assume grabone or groupon will vet the suppliers and are trustworthy, some even think its coming from the company "oh you can trust groupon, sure they are huge like amazon or someone".

If it was being sold by the actual company I could imagine a costmetic company could totally slash prices. If its a third party small time company I would be wary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Groupon don't take 50% and neither do any of the others.

They did at the very beginning but that type of commission is long gone history

Commissions these days are 10%-25% - lower on the big name brands.

Grab one is owned by independent newspapers and they check all companies they deal with.

Advertisement