Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cartridges or whole new printer?

Options
  • 02-09-2015 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭

Have a HP Laserjet MFP here which needs new cartridges, it's gonna cost me £197 for four of them from Amazon.

Amazon also have the updated model of my printer for £205...

How is it that A full new machine that comes with cartridges is just £8 more expensive?

I tried compatibles BTW & they were horrendous - I'd normally be a fan, my home printer cost me €5.08 for five new cartridges at the weekend & it's ten years old & still working perfectly..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

New printers usually come with smaller "starter" cartridges...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

How old is your existing printer?
    Are you happy with the output quality?
    Would you be ok with purchasing non - brand printer cartridges?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    How old is your existing printer?
    Are you happy with the output quality?
    Would you be ok with purchasing non - brand printer cartridges?

It's about four months old. Was very disappointed with the quality of the first set of compatibles I got.

My own personal printer I haven't bought brand cartridges in close to eight years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I can't give you compitant suggestion so.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

GrumpyMe is right, the carts you get with a new printer are very low capacity. You're better off buying new cartridges unless you're particularly unhappy with the printer but that's an entirely separate reason to buy a new printer. I'd suggest a place to buy ink but I work for one of them so my opinion isn't exactly unbiased on that front.

• Advertisement
Advertisement