Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin for 10 week placement

Options
  • 02-09-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm starting a 10 week work placement in CityWest this Monday with there being a good chance of a full time position after the placement. Have been looking for properties in the area that are 3 month leases and can't find many. Would I be better off looking at properties with 6 month or 1 year leases than 3 month ones. Also when contacting about ads should I mention the 10 week placement or just say I am starting work on Monday. I know I am cutting it very close to Monday so need to have some viewings arranged by Friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Just ring the ads you see regardless of what lease term they say. Talk to the landlord and tell them about your placement. Be prepared to pay higher per month for a 3 month lease than for a 1 year lease. The worst they can do is say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Cheers, thanks for the advice.

Advertisement