Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming pc keyboard and mouse help

Options
  • 02-09-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

hi guys so ive built my gaming pc and its running lovely thanks to all the help from this forum, so now im looking for a nice gaming keyboard and mouse at the moment im just using a super cheap keyboard and so called gaming mouse and its horrible the e button sticks and its just nasty lol, im just so confused as to what makes a good gaming keyboard and mouse I see loads on ebay for around 25 quid (30 euro) but heard you should get a mechanical keyboard so any advice would me most welcome im looking to spend around 30 pounds or do you think this is too cheap ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You won't get a mech for €30 but you dont need rbe, people just like them. At that price range, just stick to good brands and stay away from bundles. There won't be much varience

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

thanks digital well what ive done is bought a cheap backlit keyboard for 15 quid until I can save up and buy a decent one im sure it will be better than what im using

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I was recently going through the same process.

I grabbed myself a Corsair K40. Not mechanical, but good enough for me. For now.
    Corsair K40

I'll probably get a Logitech G602 whenh my Razer Naga finally gives up [a lot of double clicking going atm with the left button....]
    Logitech 602 Wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

Shougeki wrote: »
    I was recently going through the same process.

I grabbed myself a Corsair K40. Not mechanical, but good enough for me. For now.
    Corsair K40

I'll probably get a Logitech G602 whenh my Razer Naga finally gives up [a lot of double clicking going atm with the left button....]
    Logitech 602 Wireless
    I absolutely love that keyboard really like the design especially the steel look wasd keys and not bad for 45 quid I think my minds made up although the mouse seems bit pricey although it does go with the keyboard thanks a lot for that

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Remember the keyboard is not a mechanical one. However it does have macro keys, and most importantly to me volume and media controls on the top right. The backlight colors are nice too [Blue to go with the Razer Naga I have]. Keyboard feels good to me, so I like it. I couldn't justify 150+ on a nice mechanical keyboard.
    For now.

In regards to the mouse, your hand is gonna be on it a long time, so you need something durable and comfortable. I have gotten 4 years out of my Razer Naga, and all that is wrong probably requires a take apart and clean. At first I didn't use the 12 thumb buttons, but now I use 1-9 for almost every game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

superfish wrote: »
    I absolutely love that keyboard really like the design especially the steel look wasd keys and not bad for 45 quid I think my minds made up although the mouse seems bit pricey although it does go with the keyboard thanks a lot for that

something like this which gets good reviews
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%AE-Precision-Gaming-adjustable-Button-x/dp/B00E290JRE/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1441321760&sr=1-4&keywords=logitech+g502

Advertisement