Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pigsback.com

• 02-09-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking into getting a credit card as need it for holidays or big purchases for insurance purposes. Would always be just using for a specific purchase that I had cash to get and then pay off without incurring interest.

So was just going to get a PTSB card as that's who I bank with bit got thinkin about reward type cards.

So the two I was looking at was pigsback and Ryanair. Anyone have either? Ryanair you build flight points with but I'd be taking any Ryanair offer with a pinch of salt so will need to go through the t&cs with a fine tooth comb.

I don't us we pigsback but I do use groupon and the like, seem s the same gig? Get pig points as you use your card and then can use them to get cheaper stuff off pigsback.

So anyone have any opinions or indeed use a diff type of reward cc? Pigsback card comes with free travel insurance so its currently the front runner.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

PiggyPoints are worthless. Utterly utterly worthless. If you want travel insurance many credit cards have that.

Tesco is the only reward card as such in Ireland with any useful payback really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I didn't think that Pigsback did a credit card anymore? I had one back in the day when they were practically giving away piggy points for anything, but they got rid of it and my card reverted to MBNA (now Avant).
    I do have a Tesco one & the extra points that you get from using that one are good. The only issue that I have with the Tesco card is there is no option to view transactions etc online, you have to call their phone line and you will get all of your information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions, as this is a financial matter, not a Consumer Issue.

dudara

You can link the Tesco credit card to your Tesco clubcard and you can see the purchases made on the card through that view. You don't get all the features of an online banking solution, but at least you can see transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Acara

L1011 wrote: »
    PiggyPoints are worthless. Utterly utterly worthless. If you want travel insurance many credit cards have that.

Tesco is the only reward card as such in Ireland with any useful payback really.

Tesco is the only one really worth giving any consideration. Don't know anything about Ryanair but don't touch Pigsback because all they do is piggyback off other companies ideas and rewards are a joke at this stage.

Advertisement