Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cognative Behaviour Therapy

Options
  • 02-09-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I've read a lot of posts here about sleeping difficulty, with various attributing factors and suggested solutions.
    I also suffered sleep loss, on and off for the last 20 years, with various levels of severity.
    I also tried alcohol (lots) and sleeping tablets, with roughly the same success reported here.
    Over the last 6 months I have been going to a therapist - specifically a Cognative Behaviour Therapist.
    As it turns out, the sleep issue was essentially a sideshow to the main issue which in my case turned out to be anxiety.
    The quality of sleep I have been getting over the last month was something I could only dream about :).
    I am putting this up here for anybody that wants to look at this as a possible route to explore.
    Its not a magic bullet by any means, but all I can say is that it has changed my life considerably.
    CBT is not easy, and it will take a considerable amount of time as the therapist works through the issues.
    Do some digging on the net, and make up your own minds, but take a serious look at it.
    Regards,
    S'Doc.

Advertisement