Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Capacitor On/Off issue

Options
  • 02-09-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭

So my Sammy LE40M87BD bought in August 2007 and never a problem with it, started clicking on and off yesterday repeatedly...Finally got it to stay on..

Did some reasearch today and it seems to be an issue Samsung has already been sued, lost and settled in US and has ben repairing FOC up till 2 years ago. Indeed there is another locked thread on boards where people got their tvs fixed FOC with this issue.

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-power-defect-causes-some-tvs-to-fail-and-a-class-action-suit-follows/

So I called Samsung, they said they know the issue, but they are finished fixing it FOC I would have to pay full price as the time has gone they were fixing it. ie Yes its our fault, yes we installed the wrong parts, Yes that is the direct problem you have...But we are not going to help...

Anyone have any luck with this recently. As i said never had another issue with the full HD tv in the last 8 years (paid 1,500€ for it then)!

I know some of you will say you got 8 years shoudl be glad. BUT there is nothing else even scratched on my tv, its perfect 100% except for this issue that is a manufacturers defect, admitted and proven in court. So I feel a bit peed off... :(

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its beyond the time you have to take a case in Ireland (6 years) basically, so I'd suggest you're entirely out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

yes I know that too...I had hoped for some goodwill on their part. But not to be.....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hi ya

Got mine fixed last year 6 year old 46inch samsung .tried to get samsung to repair would not get of the phone until they sent out someone ,company that came out fixed it in 20 mins he knew straight away and replaced the capactiors .

That's the thing on the phone they just kept saying that they knew the problem but it wasn't their responsibility any more. I asked to speak to manager...no callback yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I asked to speak to manager...no callback yet..

Why would they call you back though? The statute of limitations is 6 years, and the TV is 8 years old. There's no requirement for them to do anything, and doing it out of good will is something they can choose to do or not.

I've fixed one of these myself, and it's very easy. Two caps to be soldered to a board, and it's simple to find them. Clips on Youtube even guide you through the whole process. You'll get the caps in Maplin for about 50c.

• Advertisement

Got it fixed. Some other resultant damage also, Eeprom had to be replaced also. Cost 120€ in total..fun

Advertisement