Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loan options with mark on ICB report

• 02-09-2015 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    Bit of background first. I'm with Ulster Bank for over 20 years, and paid off 7 loans without issue. About 4 years ago I had some issues with a Tesco credit card - in short, I still owe €4000 on it. its with a debt collection agency now.
    I just got my credit report from the ICB - the outstanding credit card is on it. No other issues. I have a mortgage, no loan for anything else. My car loan was paid off 2 years ago.

I'm looking for a loan of €2000 to fix a roof problem on my house. I'm in full time employment, but it will take me a few months to save that much. And the weather hasn't been the best, I need to get this resolved soon.
    So, if I go to the bank, I will likely get refused because of the credit card on the ICB report. What other options do I have?
    Provident will give me a loan of up to €500, with very high interest, and its not enough anyway. On their site, it does mention that people with bad credit can get a secured loan against a car or house, but it doesn't say who to get one from!

Is there really such a thing as a secured loan?
    Are there lenders that will loan to someone with a credit history problem?
    Thanks
    Simon

Advertisement