Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

California July 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Rent bikes in San Franscisco (Fishermans Wharf) and cycle over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito - it's beautiful. If you're going to SF, it can be quite cold (even in July), as cloud and mist descends on the city - Spring seems to be the time to see SF in it's glory.

September/October is the "indian summer". It's 30c+ this week (stifling especially in our house which doesn't have AC). The last couple of winters have been good, but this winter and into next year..el niño is coming which we sorely need
    Just as an aside, there are an overwhelming amount of homeless people in SF - we stayed near Union Square. I don't know if this is unique to the area we were in, but it was an eye-opener.

It isn't just the area you were in - it's endemic around the city - my area, close to the park and previously "quiet" has a load of homeless and the crime that comes with it (our car was broken into twice, found someone in our garage last week etc). It's gotten worse in the last few month

The CA government recently let a lot of people out of prison on Prop 47 that have overwhelmed the resources both of the homeless social help and the police (i gave the police our drop cam image of the guy in our garage, they said they didn't have the resources to do anything about it).

Advertisement