Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Online Pre-orders

Options
  • 02-09-2015 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Sorry for re-posting this but I had it in the wrong sub forum.

Can anyone give advice as to who is the best retailer when it comes to pre-ordering games.

I've just used GameStop's online store to pre-order for the first time and they really go by the book, game not sent until the day before so that you get it on release day. But that method has the risk of receiving the game late. And their prices are getting ridiculous.

So who's the best in price and are there any retailers that send games early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The good ol days it used to be Gamesnash, but I think they're gone.
    Not sure who people are using now, I think most here use Amazon.

Btw....a 9 year account ...and this was your 12th post ? :P lurker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

I'm currently using zavvi.com although I haven't preordered with them yet!, just bought already released games :p however I'll probably preorder some games like FO4 since they currently have it listed at 51 quid for PS4 which is very good and haven't seen that price anywhere else... xtra-vision has it at 75..

However, afaik they ship on release day so you would end up playing the game 1-2 weeks after it's released

Now, in some other games like the upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn they're charging 76 quid which is nuts so I have no idea how they manage their pricing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 B.Cause

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The good ol days it used to be Gamesnash, but I think they're gone.
    Not sure who people are using now, I think most here use Amazon.

Btw....a 9 year account ...and this was your 12th post ? :P lurker :D

I've used Amazon before and I think I got the game 3 days after release day.

Wasn't lurking btw, I just forgot this site existed and I had an account :)
    lulzordan wrote: »
    I'm currently using zaavi.com although I haven't preordered with them yet!

zaavi.com got blocked by my anti-virus software btw. I know you meant zavvi.com

Thanks for the answers guys.
    It sucks that we have to buy from the UK to get reasonable prices though.
    A change in circumstances means I may have to sacrifice getting the game on time for not paying 70+ yoyos per game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

B.Cause wrote: »

zaavi.com got blocked by my anti-virus software btw. I know you meant zavvi.com

Thanks for the answers guys.
    It sucks that we have to buy from the UK to get reasonable prices though.
    A change in circumstances means I may have to sacrifice getting the game on time for not paying 70+ yoyos per game.

Yes, yes I did sorry 'bout that!

And to add a little more content to this post, using the free shipping option, I usually receive my items within 10 days with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

thegamecollection. Used them for the first time for Metal Gear Solid and it had been delivered to parcel motel by Saturday after being dispatched on Thursday. They are also much cheaper than Amazon and can be paid via Paypal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 B.Cause

thegamecollection. Used them for the first time for Metal Gear Solid and it had been delivered to parcel motel by Saturday after being dispatched on Thursday. They are also much cheaper than Amazon and can be paid via Paypal

Wow, I may have to try this site for my next purchase.

Thanks for sharing the info

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Game Collection and 365 Games have been ultra quick for me for MGSV and Madden 16 respectively.

Cheaper than bricks and mortar here and I got MGSV 3-4 days earlier than launch day.

Loved gamesnash!

Always a day early.

Anyone know what happened to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Game Collection for me too.

Ordered MGS on Thursday morning, despatched by the afternoon and had it on Monday morning the day before release day, and €25 cheaper than bricks and mortar.

I'd have used Parcel Motel if I had my thinking hat on as it would only cost €2 extra and I'd have gotten it on the Saturday.

Never buying in store again. They're even selling PES 2016 on PS4 for €40 whereas in shops it'll be €70 on release day... Madness.

Advertisement