Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to Dublin city

Options
  • 02-09-2015 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

So I'm starting work in Dublin the week after next. Commuting from portlaoise so facing a pain in the ass €400 a month commute. Looking to move up as soon as I can but I'm not really familiar with Dublin and I don't even know where to start. Daft is bringing up limited amounts of apartments for rent. Also is there anywhere in the city where parking would be reasonable?

Can you get the travel pass through work it will save you a fortune. Rents in Dublin are crazy at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

where are you both working?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Both handy enough locations. There aren't many apartments going unfortunately due to various government policies. From Heuston take the luas to the 3 arena or the 145 bus to Stephen's green.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

We're you looking for parking so you could drive rather than take the train?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was considering the drive if there was reasonable parking. Though I would probably be quicker commuting

Closest I can think of to three arena is the aviva which is six Euro a day

Train/luas would probably be less stressful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What is your budget per month?

• Advertisement

Apartments look to be scarce alright, what's going on there? Wasn't expecting it to be so difficult

There is a chronic shortage of properties to rent across Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Jesus that's some commute OP.

Basically, because An Taisce, David Norris and various Joycean enthusiasts in Dublin City Council and An Bord Pleanala are quite fond of georgian vistas unspoiled by modernity in the distance, we are forced to commute from Kildare or pay 1,400€ p/m for a studio or, as is the latest trend, go homeless. We can't build anything higher than 4 storeys.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

You are going to have to look outside the city.

anywhere along the red, green LUAS lines or DART would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Try Dún Laoghaire or Bray, Appts are cheaper, especially Bray, 50 mins on Dart to City centre

21/25

Dún Laoghaire is anything but cheap.

Seriously though you can get a Liam Carroll Style apartment around the Liberties/Comb area for reasonable. Prepare yourself though, they're very small and very dark, mostly north or east facing with enclosed, pitch dark kitchenets and bathrooms with no windows.

Advertisement