Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation level maths.

• 02-09-2015 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi so basically first day back in 6th year and I'm in foundation maths. I took it for the junior cert but did ordinary level in 5th year and I was failing. I found it extremely difficult and I was struggling. I had my heart set on doing psychiatric nursing in college but ordinary level maths is a requirement I'm devastated about this. I was planning on getting grinds to get a pass but basically I have no choice does anyone know any other way I can get into this course. I'm in 4 higher level subjects and I'm capable of getting the points. Someone please help??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why oh why did you do Foundation Maths at JC???? Whoever let you drop to FL should be shot.

That is the reason you struggled with OL at LC. If you want any kind of nursing you will need a reasonable standard of Maths. Really what you need to do first is master the JC course and then move on to the LC. Banging away at grinds for OL LC is useless if you do not understand the concepts from OL JC.

Could you take a year and sort your Maths out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

I'd imagine that with grinds and dedication you could get the pass in OL if you wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Comhairleoir

I'd imagine that with grinds and dedication you could get the pass in OL if you wanted to

+1

Advertisement