Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental insurance

• 02-09-2015 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭

So my wife signed up to a certain dental insurance company a while back. The recently she got work done amounting to 1500 euro. She went to claim the money and only got 247 off them when she was supposed to get 1100. They say all the work wasn't necessary and her dentist said, in writing that it was. So it's at a standstill now. Is there antwhere or anyone we can go to over this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I'm not familiar with dental insurance but what EXACTLY have insurers said and have you checked that against the policy wording?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'm not familiar with dental insurance but what EXACTLY have insurers said and have you checked that against the policy wording?

That's just it. They said they'd cover any necessary fillings. Our dentist said they were necessary, there's thinks they weren't. So that's where we're stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    That's just it. They said they'd cover any necessary fillings. Our dentist said they were necessary, there's thinks they weren't. So that's where we're stuck

If you tell me the insurer, I'll see if they have a policy wording online. Might see an answer in there

If you tell me the insurer, I'll see if they have a policy wording online. Might see an answer in there

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dentalturkey

try dental tourisme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

op, I work as a dentist.

These insurance schemes are a nightmare. For me, there's endless paperwork.
    For the patient, your tale is all too common.

I'd strongly advise you (and my patients) to keep your money in your pocket.
    They never work out as you expect them. plus a major part is 'pay the dentist and then we'll pay you'. Patients end up getting work which if they thought wouldn't be refunded they may not have had done..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭pandoraj09

digzy wrote: »
    op, I work as a dentist.

These insurance schemes are a nightmare. For me, there's endless paperwork.
    For the patient, your tale is all too common.

I'd strongly advise you (and my patients) to keep your money in your pocket.
    They never work out as you expect them. plus a major part is 'pay the dentist and then we'll pay you'. Patients end up getting work which if they thought wouldn't be refunded they may not have had done..

Not true. I'm in VHI dental. My dentist submits a treatment plan to them for me. I find out what they will cover and I get the work done and just pay the little I have to. They're really helpful on the phone and it's very clearly explained to me. They have a direct payment plan with many dentists and it's one of them I'm with. I don't have to wait for a refund from VHI as they pay the dentist directly. Best thing I ever did was to join it...

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    Not true. I'm in VHI dental. My dentist submits a treatment plan to them for me. I find out what they will cover and I get the work done and just pay the little I have to. They're really helpful on the phone and it's very clearly explained to me. They have a direct payment plan with many dentists and it's one of them I'm with. I don't have to wait for a refund from VHI as they pay the dentist directly. Best thing I ever did was to join it...

I'm not with VHI unfortunately

Advertisement