Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike for the lost sheep?

Options
  • 02-09-2015 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hey, just wondering would most people use their TT bike for this or go with a road bike and clip on bars? I know there are some tough climbs with pretty technical descents....any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

TT bikes are very popular. There's only one technical descent. The climbs are long and steady rather than short and steep so I'd go TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

It'll be TT bikes all round. See you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I'd rate the descents but not the ascents if that makes sense. If you can descend on your TT bike use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

tunney wrote: »
    I'd rate the descents but not the ascents if that makes sense. If you can descend on your TT bike use that.

And even if you can't, I'd still bring your TT bike. Tricky descents make up only a small section of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Here is a vid of some of the bike leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn0fg3r1M20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Thanks for the replies - I'm here now and brought the tt bike so no going back now!

Advertisement