Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to DCU from Malahide or Portmarnock

Options
  • 02-09-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Anyone have any experience travelling to DCU from either Malahide or Portmarnock? Looks like there is two bus routes from Malahide to UCD and nothing for DCU. Looks like my journey will be aprrox 90 mins on average !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

How far is the walk to dublin airport for you? I know the 16 from there goes to whitehall which is a minute away from dcu. Also if you get a student leap card using it multiple times within 90 minutes is either discounted or free.. i.e 1euro for the first time, 30 cent 2nd and free after that. Maybe that'll help?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

The 102 bus comes through Portmarnock and Malahide. You can catch it to the Pavilions in Swords and then catch either the 41 or the 41c. Both will leave you at Santry (at Omni Shopping Centre) and from there it's about a 10-15 minute walk to DCU. The buses are quite frequent, especially in the morning.

You could also catch the 42 to Coolock and catch the 17a which will leave you within a short walk from the Ballymun side of DCU. That might take longer though.

If you get the student leap card your fares are capped at €20 per week. That means you can make an unlimited amount of journeys from Monday to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 silly1

moriz wrote: »
    The 102 bus comes through Portmarnock and Malahide. You can catch it to the Pavilions in Swords and then catch either the 41 or the 41c. Both will leave you at Santry (at Omni Shopping Centre) and from there it's about a 10-15 minute walk to DCU. The buses are quite frequent, especially in the morning.

You could also catch the 42 to Coolock and catch the 17a which will leave you within a short walk from the Ballymun side of DCU. That might take longer though.

If you get the student leap card your fares are capped at €20 per week. That means you can make an unlimited amount of journeys from Monday to Sunday.

Thanks for your reply Kremin but the 102 buses are fairly thin on the ground but there seems to be no other practical option. I'm amazed at the lack of direct public transport to DCU. Most of the services seem to be for other areas and leave you with a 10-15 minute walk to the campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 silly1

Thanks Moriz About 2 hours walk !

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭6thyearlife

Dart to howth junction and then 17a?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

Might not be your thing, but ... I cycle it.
    It takes about 35 mins (well, 30-40 minutes, depending on the wind).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭bren2001

Dart to howth junction and then 17a?

Dart to killester and the 104 might work out faster. Personally, id get a fold up bike, bring it on the dart and cycle from the dart to DCU.

Advertisement