Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watches

• 02-09-2015 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

I like wearing nice watches..ive around 10-15..lately im into coloured watches like red or blue addidas watches..for some odd reason women like the look of them on a night out

Do you wear watches AH
    Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Only when working.

I have a cheap watch that has lasted for years, and another cheap watch that I use if I'm hiking or camping or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hate the feel of a watch on me, not had one in about ten years! An ex bought one for me, wore it for about a week and had to take it off, don't like wearing any jewellery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I haven't worn a watch in over 5 years. My phone acts as the timepiece nowadays. Even when I used a watch, I just had 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I have 24 watches… I have a problem.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    I have 24 watched… I have a problem.

Is that a box set series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yep, can't be arsed pulling out my phone each time I want to know the time.

I only check the time maybe twice a day so no big hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Is that a box set series?

God damned auto correct :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Same here, I've always worn a watch and I can't be doing with the hassle of using a phone to check the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I dont like watches with leather straps tbh..not these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am a watch nerd.
    Love owning them, buying and selling them, fixing and renovating them.
    Love looking at them and changing how they look.
    I love how they sound when you wind them.
    And I love imagining the history behind the old ones I own.
    I may need help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Yep,

Just G Shocks, nothing fancy but they do the job and can take a bit of battering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

The last watch I owned was a wind up one with a proper clockwork mechanism. Anyone know where I could get one like that nowadays, they all seem to be ridiculously expensive now.

An Addidas watch would do the opposite of piquing my interest in a man to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I have a rather elegant 15-year-old Citizen in gold plate with metal strap that cost about £110 back in the day. It's a slightly battered old Hector now, but I like it. :D

I wear a 1981 men's Omega Equinox dual faced watch, it's beautiful. I also have some vintage Swiss limited edition ladies watches, but I need my glasses on to tell the time on those, so the Equinox gets the everyday wear.

I'd rather have two or three beautiful watches than a dozen mass produced cheap and nasties with plastic straps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I went to buy a digital watch recently and I honestly couldn't find one as good as the digital calculator watch I once bought in Apollo 1 on Moore St in 1987. That was the best watch I ever had. It was almost flat, played different tunes and you could set three alarms. It cost 9.99 at the time and yet the ones I was looking at last week were over €100 and they were no where near as flat or cool looking. How could almost 30 years have gone by and Casio calculator watches not have got flatter? They should be paper thin at this stage.

Check out the watches here from 30 years ago. Way cooler than today's junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I've always thought that a good watch was a must for any man or woman

• Advertisement

I went to buy a digital watch recently and I honestly couldn't find one as good as the digital calculator watch I once bought in Apollo 1 on Moore St in 1987. That was the best watch I ever had. It was almost flat, played different tunes and you could set three alarms. It cost 9.99 at the time and yet the ones I was looking at last week were over €100 and they were no where near as flat or cool looking. How could almost 30 years have gone by and Casio calculator watches not have got flatter? They should be paper thin at this stage.

I instantly recognise two of the bracelet watches in that picture as ones my dad has. As far as I know, they still work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Before I got a smartwatch I wore a casio f-91, you can still get them for 12 quid in argos. I've a fancier casio with hands that's nice as well if I felt lavish, 25 quid that one was.

Not a big fan of the massive chunky watches that are popular these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Not a big fan of the massive chunky watches that are popular these days.

Me too. But it's horses for courses I suppose.

I have an IWC from 1952 and it is small and the nicest thing I could ever own. But big metal watch fans tend not to like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Candie wrote: »
    I instantly recognise two of the bracelet watches in that picture as ones my dad has. As far as I know, they still work.

I love when I remind women of their Dads :(

I love when I remind women of their Dads :(

My dad is fantastic though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 groovy123

hello, I am a watch addict got about 15 pieces and just dont feel complete without one but its pure fashion accessory to me!

Just got a mint ted baker watch for work to go with blue suit, white shirt, brown belt and brown shoes from ticwatches.co.uk not arrived yet!

But my fav watch of all time is the old dependable gshock g-shock.co.uk/ got 3 of them and allways dependable ultra durable would recommend to anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In that case you should check out the Watches & Timepieces forum.
    Lots of pics and reviews of watches there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 wellmade2040

I love it- wear a citizen Eco drive daily and that doesn't really change- have a fair few different dressier ones though 😂ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I have never worn a watch or jewellery...ever :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Menas wrote: »
    Me too. But it's horses for courses I suppose.

I have an IWC from 1952 and it is small and the nicest thing I could ever own. But big metal watch fans tend not to like it.

I have shovel hands and 8" wrists so smaller watches look a bit silly on me but I still appreciate them. A lot of those older IWCs are absolutely stunning pieces.

A good mechanical watch is a thing of beauty and something that everyone should splurge on if they can afford it. It doesn't need to be a 5K Rolex but a few hundred quid will get you a watch that will last you the rest of your life and hopefully become something you can pass on some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yep,

Just G Shocks, nothing fancy but they do the job and can take a bit of battering.

Same here. Have two. Older one still runs perfectly, with orriginal battery after 11 or so year Current one battery is run by kenetic energy and solar with auto time updating. Was sitting in a drawer for about 6 months whilst had a fitbit, anolouge hands updated to correct time after a few minutes of sitting on the window sill.

Also have a dress watch, well a shinny slim one from NEXT. Battery on that one needs to be changed every 18-24 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Recently bought this, it's a beauty:

http://www.shinola.ie/shop/new-arrivals/therunwell47-leather-watch-s01169.html

Also, finally got a battery for a G-Shock that I have had for about 15 years, was dead in my work locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 groovy123

Citizen are smart as well but I always feel they are heavy for my skinny wrists!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement