Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

tacofries wrote:
    Basically if anyone here feels that at any stage before Sunday you might have the slightest chance of coming across a spare ticket then please please could you pm me so that I could send you my number!

Your definitely asking in the wrong place, the power is with the clubs on tickets, you need to be asking around the local club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Your definitely asking in the wrong place, the power is with the clubs on tickets, you need to be asking around the local club

Yeah thought that but just said I would give it a shot just in case. Only thing with the club is that I am not a member and their allocation was too small to meet the demand (as with every club)! Feeling a bit helpless at this stage unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

I see Michelle Mulherin is whinging about not getting a ticket, I wonder was she there the first game of the fbd against ucg, when it was friggin freezin, or the last game of the league when Down were piling forward in those last few minutes giving us all heart attacks wondering are we going to get relegated due to those complicated points system of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

tacofries wrote: »
    Yeah thought that but just said I would give it a shot just in case. Only thing with the club is that I am not a member and their allocation was too small to meet the demand (as with every club)! Feeling a bit helpless at this stage unfortunately.

You WILL get a ticket up there at the weekend
    I have never known anybody who ended up in the pub
    If you know enough football people you will get sorted

km79 wrote: »
    You WILL get a ticket up there at the weekend
    I have never known anybody who ended up in the pub
    If you know enough football people you will get sorted

I am hoping that is the case KM79, but just worried about the 'what if',. Could not imagine not being there for when we lift Sam. I'll be outside the Gresham with a sign on Saturday and The Big Tree on Sunday if needs be....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

kupus wrote: »
    I see Michelle Mulherin is whinging about not getting a ticket, I wonder was she there the first game of the fbd against ucg, when it was friggin freezin, or the last game of the league when Down were piling forward in those last few minutes giving us all heart attacks wondering are we going to get relegated due to those complicated points system of the league.

If you were listening to todays Drivetime, you will have heard that the poor crathur went to a whopping "one" of Mayo's early round games. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

up mayo

I see Michelle Mulherin

Have to say I do feel or bad for the Mayo ladies,. Mulherin's case is so laughable when compared to the fact that the actual senior ladies players aren't entitled to a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hi everybody, Was meant to have two tickets in my hand today but that went ar*e ways and now have none. I have attached a screenshot of my season ticket from last year to show you that I am actually a genuine proper fan. Reason the season ticket wasn't renewed is because it was setup up on an email address which I stopped using so ended up missing the deadline.

The link shows attendance at 83% but it was actually higher because one of the games didn't record. That works out at an attendance of 11 out of 12 matches.

Basically if anyone here feels that at any stage before Sunday you might have the slightest chance of coming across a spare ticket then please please could you pm me so that I could send you my number!

Really really worried that I won't get one now so if there is any hope at all then please please pm me.

Thanks,

As mentioned if you are willing to head up I've no doubt you'll pick up a ticket. Head out Saturday night.. Some of the well known GAA establishments..O Shea's,the Portobello.

You might well pick a ticket up out at Kilmacud Crokes(Stillorgan) at the All Ireland sevens.

Even on the Sunday I've oftentimes picked up tickets around the area for mates and myself in the past.If you hang around the Gresham,Barrys Hotel.Sometimes if there is a no show decent supporters will have the spare ticket over your local friendly Garda at the barriers.It takes a lot of hard work,I detest touts but you might have to end up paying slightly over the odds to hopefully see Cillian lift Sam.It shall be worth it,le cunamh Dé.

Have to say I do feel or bad for the Mayo ladies,. Mulherin's case is so laughable when compared to the fact that the actual senior ladies players aren't entitled to a ticket.

That is shocking!

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    As mentioned if you are willing to head up I've no doubt you'll pick up a ticket. Head out Saturday night.. Some of the well known GAA establishments..O Shea's,the Portobello.

As a young lad back in the days of 04 and 06 I often went up without tickets and always got sorted. In 06 I actually ended up getting two tickets of a random Kerry man at face value for the center of the Hogan!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

It's Dublin being there that makes it a disaster , for 2013 I paid well over the odds for a premium from a mayo supporter didn't see any for sale anywhere around drumcondra

As a young lad back in the days of 04 and 06 I often went up without tickets and always got sorted. In 06 I actually ended up getting two tickets of a random Kerry man at face value for the center of the Hogan!

Good man,I've been down that road pre the season ticket.Ask around or even have a sign. Genuine supporters will be more than willing to offload a spare ticket at face value or sometimes gratis.They hate the sight of a tout and can identify one a mile off.It's hard toil but I've no doubt you'll get one.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

surely they would get them thru mayo gaa?

Thread here for those seeking a ticket.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057274158

surely they would get them thru mayo gaa?

No, people don't realise how separated the mens and ladies clubs actually are. Only for my dad managed my local club's ladies team I wouldn't have realised myself but it is absolutely ridiculous. Tbh you should see the hassle that the ladies have to go through just to play in McHale park or get training time on the local pitch!

Seligehgit, Going to post there now! Thanks for that,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don't think anyone will have much luck in the ticket thread. Got in there minutes after the final whistle of the Dublin vs Kerry semi and no sign of a single ticket up for sale there at all. Just people looking for swaps.

I'm resigned to missing out now, might head to Dublin on Sunday morning yet in a desperate attempt to find one on the day but the thought of not getting one and watching it in a pub somewhere really depresses me. Still have most of my ticket stubs kept from this year, might bring them along and look for a sympathy ticket. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Decided to forego the ticket hunt myself this time, despite attending most of the matches all year. Have decided to have a party and watch it with a bunch of friends instead. I'm actually looking forward to it now and the lack of ticket-related stress has made my week a bit easier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

A lot of Clubs only gave out there allocation tonight, That will free some tickets up as people know the story on who is and isn't sorted, its all horsetrading now. keep the faith, you will get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

tacofries wrote:
    No, people don't realise how separated the mens and ladies clubs actually are. Only for my dad managed my local club's ladies team I wouldn't have realised myself but it is absolutely ridiculous. Tbh you should see the hassle that the ladies have to go through just to play in McHale park or get training time on the local pitch!

It's completely their own fault, they constantly vote against joining the GAA, they are their own organisation, can't go crying to the GAA now because it suits them looking for tickets. GAA can't give tickets to another organisation. For what its worth I totally disagree with TD's getting tickets, nothing to do with GAA

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Wonder if the men are entitled to a ticket for the ladies final actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

tacofries wrote:

City west the night before the game is a fantastic place to get sorted, seen it happen. Hundreds of people there all talking football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Am I going mad, or has the general Mayo Versus Dublin discussion thread been taken off Boards.is - GAA section.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Match thread has been locked until Sunday over silly arguments it's at the top of the thread list locked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Ok. Thanks. Ya, no harm either. Problem is that during these days of the lead up to the match, generally nothing happens. People have exhausted all the normal topics, and it just goes off on a tangent. When the teams are named, it gives something more concrete to talk about - actual footballing matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Am I going mad, or has the general Mayo Versus Dublin discussion thread been taken off Boards.is - GAA section.
    You are not missing much!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

From Mayo GAA

Mayo face Official Dublin GAA in Sunday's All Ireland final in Croke Park what is a repeat of their 2013 clash.

Following a semi-final win over Tipperary four weeks ago manager Stephen Rochford makes just one change to his starting team with Tom Parsons replacing Barry Moran.

This Sunday will be Aidan O'Shea's 40th championship for Mayo having made his debut against New York in 2009 while to date team captain Cillian O'Connor has scored a 17-168 in his 33 championship appearances.

The Mayo team for Sunday's All Ireland final against Dublin in Croke Park at 3.30pm is:

1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
    2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
    3. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
    4. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
    5. Lee Keegan (Westport)
    6. Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    7. Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
    8. Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    9. Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
    10. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
    11. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
    12. Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
    13. Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
    14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
    15. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain).

Team Manager: Stephen Rochford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Sad News. Greg Maher, who won an All-Ireland Minor medal with Mayo in 1985 has passed away. Also played in the 1989 Senior Final. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭squiredanaher

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

looks like rain. between 12 and 6 sun. pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

looks like rain. between 12 and 6 sun. pity.

I think rain (maybe a breeze) might work out OK for Mayo, adding a bit more uncertainty into the mix and possibly preventing the Dubs from landing too many points from out the field.

I am fine with Parsons into midfield, if he's fit he's a good addition and has the energy to match the Dubs, it will be interesting to see where Vaughan ends up. Diarmuid O'Connor is another key man to disrupt the Dubs game plan, he needs to be fit compared to the last 2 games and must be able to cover a lot of ground on Sunday.

The hype is definitely building now, we have a Mayo jersey day today in work and the game is the only topic of conversation. Looking forward to modifying my user name on Monday ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Blud

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I think rain (maybe a breeze) might work out OK for Mayo, adding a bit more uncertainty into the mix and possibly preventing the Dubs from landing too many points from out the field.

I am fine with Parsons into midfield, if he's fit he's a good addition and has the energy to match the Dubs, it will be interesting to see where Vaughan ends up. Diarmuid O'Connor is another key man to disrupt the Dubs game plan, he needs to be fit compared to the last 2 games and must be able to cover a lot of ground on Sunday.

The hype is definitely building now, we have a Mayo jersey day today in work and the game is the only topic of conversation. Looking forward to modifying my user name on Monday ;).

MayoForLiam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

The BBC have an article about the curse:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37378935

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

The BBC have an article about the curse:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37378935

Cleveland had its NBA team win earlier this year after decades of nothing in that city. Hull won the Rugby League in the UK after a bunch of final defeats. Leicester won the premier league and Portugal won the euros.

The only similar story to ours would be that of the Buffalo Bills in the NFL. They got to four consecutive finals in early 90s and lost them all. They are the only NFL team that hasnt made the playoffs this century. Not exactly like for like but the closest i can think of to Mayo's current plight.

The time has come to remove that monkey off our back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Cleveland had its NBA team win earlier this year after decades of nothing in that city. Hull won the Rugby League in the UK after a bunch of final defeats. Leicester won the premier league and Portugal won the euros.

The only similar story to ours would be that of the Buffalo Bills in the NFL. They got to four consecutive finals in early 90s and lost them all. They are the only NFL team that hasnt made the playoffs this century. Not exactly like for like but the closest i can think of to Mayo's current plight.

Portugal have the same colours too.

It's a done deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

It's a done deal.

Hon the boys!

• Advertisement

It's a done deal.

it's the year of the green and red
    called it in June
    I should not be extremely confident but I am
    it's just been such an odd odd year in sport
    mayo by 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

There's going to be one lunatic at least on the Hill...

Just got the magic phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Peist2007 wrote: »

Don't forget Hibs. They lost every Scottish Cup final they played until this year when they beat The team formerly known as Rangers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I suppose we may as well roll out the piseogs now seeing as most of the analysis has us worn out.

The Chicago Cubs have the best record in baseball and are heading for the playoffs.

Last championship, 1907.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

"They've been with the team right from the start and on Sunday the Mayo fans will play an important role in getting their side over the line come 5pm. The boost that the side gets from the full-throated following in green and red isn't lost on Mayo manager Stephen Rochford who said he knows that there's no need to issue a call to arms for the supporters who've been with his side right from the off this year. "I'd like to thank the Mayo supporters for their great support throughout the year and over the years. They have stood by the team throughout the year from our first league game in Cork, there was a huge Mayo crowd there at that, and the other away league games, huge crowds attended the games."

http://www.advertiser.ie/mayo/article/87339/rochford-calls-for-one-last-push-towards-greatness?utm_source=more

• Advertisement

up balinrobe, up kiltimagh, up shrule, up turmakeady, up mayo

XR3i wrote: »
    up balinrobe, up kiltimagh, up shrule, up turmakeady, up mayo

Ballinrobe
    Tourmakeady

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

All the best to Mayo sunday from a galway fan,hopefully both cups come west sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

salmon1 wrote: »
    All the best to Mayo sunday from a galway fan,hopefully both cups come west sunday

Do not have any high expectations going into that Kerry minor match. They are ridiculously good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Dear Mayo and Mayo fans all across the globe.

I am a Dublin man, born and bred. I wholeheartedly understand the absolute heartbreak you must have felt over the years since 1951. I cannot match that heartbreak. In my life I only waited 16 years to see Sam return to Dublin in 2011 The gap before that was even shorter, despite a very very heartbreaking build up due to Ulster teams taking the glory. I was only 5 years of age the last time Dublin managed back to back AI's. Far to young to really remember or indeed appreciate. While all Mayo wants is just one AI title this year, I feel very guilty wanting a back to back Dublin win, but to me it would be like you guys taking the title on Sunday. If Dublin do it on Sunday, I will die happy, knowing I witnessed it. But if Dublin are beaten by Mayo on Sunday, I will die happy knowing that a great bunch of players finally reached the holy grail of taking the title. Nobody deserves it. You have to earn it.

Best of luck to both teams and supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Do not have any high expectations going into that Kerry minor match. They are ridiculously good

They are,but we have a few very talented players of our own and you just never know when young lads take to the field what could happen.

That mayo team ye have has not just given mayo fans a few very good years but also the rest of the country. It not just luck thats needed to win an all ireland its skill and courage and that mayo team have the latter so hopefully the luck will come sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

salmon1 wrote: »
    They are,but we have a few very talented players of our own and you just never know when young lads take to the field what could happen.

That mayo team ye have has not just given mayo fans a few very good years but also the rest of the country. It not just luck thats needed to win an all ireland its skill and courage and that mayo team have the latter so hopefully the luck will come sunday.

Im Kildare (with Mayo father -hence the support), we have many talented minors in Kildare and could probably beat every other county on your day but they annihalated us.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Dear Mayo and Mayo fans all across the globe.

I am a Dublin man, born and bred. I wholeheartedly understand the absolute heartbreak you must have felt over the years since 1951. I cannot match that heartbreak. In my life I only waited 16 years to see Sam return to Dublin in 2011 The gap before that was even shorter, despite a very very heartbreaking build up due to Ulster teams taking the glory. I was only 5 years of age the last time Dublin managed back to back AI's. Far to young to really remember or indeed appreciate. While all Mayo wants is just one AI title this year, I feel very guilty wanting a back to back Dublin win, but to me it would be like you guys taking the title on Sunday. If Dublin do it on Sunday, I will die happy, knowing I witnessed it. But if Dublin are beaten by Mayo on Sunday, I will die happy knowing that a great bunch of players finally reached the holy grail of taking the title. Nobody deserves it. You have to earn it.

Best of luck to both teams and supporters.

fair play a mhac, and let the best mayo win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Im Kildare (with Mayo father -hence the support), we have many talented minors in Kildare and could probably beat every other county on your day but they annihalated us.

Very impressed with the Kildare minors this year. I really hope the senior team gain from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

They look good alright but Galway have only lost 1 minor final ever having played in 7. Galway were good (but wasteful) in the semifinal too.

I really hope Mayo win on Sunday and I have a nice treble resting on it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement