Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Beagslife

The tide had finally turned. It's Mayo s now to lose!

McGuinness lends a hand!

All joking aside. Best wishes to Mayo on Sunday. Bring Sam West.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Beagslife wrote: »
    The tide had finally turned. It's Mayo s now to lose!

McGuinness lends a hand!

All joking aside. Best wishes to Mayo on Sunday. Bring Sam West.

MC
    that's fantastic ! Very big of Rochford to do that
    No way Horan would have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Got a ticket!!!! Absolutely delighted.. Cannot wait to see us take home Sam. This is the Year folks!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

The neighbour just rang me there, he was after getting his hands on a ticket for me. I was delighted as I hadn't seen this kerry minor team play in croke park yet,
    I was all set until he told me that if I wasn't going to take it then he was giving it to his nephew, who's from Mayo. Ah **** you anyway I said, why did you tell me that? Sure I can't take the ticket off him.
    So that's one more ticket gone to Mayo. Oh god I hope ye do it lad's, The Dubs aren't as far ahead as they or the media would have us believe.
    Mayo by 2 I'd say. Enjoy the day anyway and best of luck from the kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    The neighbour just rang me there, he was after getting his hands on a ticket for me. I was delighted as I hadn't seen this kerry minor team play in croke park yet,
    I was all set until he told me that if I wasn't going to take it then he was giving it to his nephew, who's from Mayo. Ah **** you anyway I said, why did you tell me that? Sure I can't take the ticket off him.
    So that's one more ticket gone to Mayo. Oh god I hope ye do it lad's, The Dubs aren't as far ahead as they or the media would have us believe.
    Mayo by 2 I'd say. Enjoy the day anyway and best of luck from the kingdom.

Decent skin.😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

seligehgit wrote: »
    Decent skin.😊

Cute whore of a neighbour too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I feel like Charlie this morning ...Got the Golden Ticket for the Davin!! Broken hearted for a fellow Mayo man who traveled with me to every final since 96.( Amongst many league, club , ladies games) Cant get a ticket. Trying to convince him to travel anyway... Edit...... He Got one!!

Kalyke wrote: »
    I feel like Charlie this morning ...Got the Golden Ticket for the Davin!! Broken hearted for a fellow Mayo man who traveled with me to every final since 96.( Amongst many league, club , ladies games) Cant get a ticket. Trying to convince him to travel anyway...

There's a decent chance he'd get one if he travelled.He'll have a top weekend anyway as Dublin will be buzzing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Best of luck on the quest for Sam. '98 was a year from a fairy tale for us and when Sam crossed the Shannon, all of Connacht was there to rejoice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I know Dublin are hot favourite and deserve to be but I'm getting a great "Emperor's New Clothes" feeling about this game.

Watched Seo Sport ar TG4 last night and at least 60% of the analysis of the game showed us how Dublin did things well, the other 40% was about how Mayo did not do things well.

Very little about where Dublin had problems or how Mayo had positives.

Maybe it's just me but that's what I though.

2014 v Donegal was exactly the same, and IMO Dublin are worse now than then.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Am busting to go now, 1 more sleep Father T :D
    am as they say quietly confident of a peak ;)

Rain the great leveler on the way, from the Met

Sunday @ 12.00 rainfall
    397183.gif397185.png

Sunday @ 18.00 rainfall
    397184.gif397185.png

Atlantic charts Sunday

Rain @ 12.00
    Pressure @ 12.00

397187.png -- 397186.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

I know Dublin are hot favourite and deserve to be but I'm getting a great "Emperor's New Clothes" feeling about this game.

Watched Seo Sport ar TG4 last night and at least 60% of the analysis of the game showed us how Dublin did things well, the other 40% was about how Mayo did not do things well.

Very little about where Dublin had problems or how Mayo had positives.

Maybe it's just me but that's what I though.

2014 v Donegal was exactly the same, and IMO Dublin are worse now than then.

Can't wait.

Mayo are close to 3/1. Have you been tempted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Ted111 wrote: »

I never bet on a team I follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just answered the magic phonecall! First final I'm ever lucky enough to be headed to, absolutely ecstatic! :D

Very eloquently mentioned on the last word preview last night...it's the hope that kills you..I am still hopeful.

Heading off,safe journey to all and I hope that all the players play to their full potential,we can ask no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

Are they splitting the hill does any one no with Mayo on the Cusack side

10/3
    Stuck 30 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

I stuck a bit on them. Reason being is that if they lose then I wont be going out so wont waste any money on drink so then i can afford to lose the price of the bet. If they win however the party will last more than a few days so would be good to have a helping hand in terms of cash!

Draw is 10:1
    Tempted to stick a tenner on to cover replay tickets !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Last couple of days listening to the usual Dubs getting carried away with themselves, unbeatable, always have an answer, seen this BS before many times, they are like the Titanic,

Best of luck tomorrow to Mayo from a Meathman, I really think you are going to do it.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Very eloquently mentioned on the last word preview last night...it's the hope that kills you..I am still hopeful.

Heading off,safe journey to all and I hope that all the players play to their full potential,we can ask no more.

And its the hope that keeps you alive.

If we did not have hope we would take the advice of some troll on the now suspended match thread and not turn up.

If we lose we look forward to 2017.

New players in the squad, many of them All Ireland winners in 2013 and 2016.

Getting revenge on a Galway team that were ultimately a laughing stock.

Keeping that other laughing stock in their box with their fans who think things are won in February.

Getting back to Croke Park and once again proving that Ulster football is the most overrated thing on earth.

Possibility facing a less than brilliant Kerry team in an AI SF and getting that monkey off our backs.

Plenty to hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pidge.

I'm afraid to get too hopefully. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pidge.

I'm afraid to get too hopeful. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Getting back to Croke Park and once again proving that Ulster football is the most overrated thing on earth.

If Ulster football is overrated why did yiz spend the last five minutes against tyrone panicking like hysterical biddies? :confused:

Still how many All Irelands have Ulster teams won since 1990? How many have have a connacht won team in that time? I'm sure they'll settle for being overrated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Last couple of days listening to the usual Dubs getting carried away with themselves, unbeatable, always have an answer, seen this BS before many times, they are like the Titanic,

Best of luck tomorrow to Mayo from a Meathman, I really think you are going to do it.
    My dislike of Meath ended in 2006:D:D:D 10 years is way to long to be bitter!! Would love to see the Royal challenging the Dubs in Leinster again...Normal order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

naughto wrote:
    Are they splitting the hill does any one no with Mayo on the Cusack side

Never seen that done before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

My dislike of Meath ended in 2006:D:D:D 10 years is way to long to be bitter!! Would love to see the Royal challenging the Dubs in Leinster again...Normal order!

Still going strong 20 years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

And its the hope that keeps you alive.

If we did not have hope we would take the advice of some troll on the now suspended match thread and not turn up.

If we lose we look forward to 2017.

New players in the squad, many of them All Ireland winners in 2013 and 2016.

Getting revenge on a Galway team that were ultimately a laughing stock.

A laughing stock? Really? I don't think there is any call for that. Give some credit to a fine Tipperary team too. Galway finally won a Connacht title and aren't as bad as you think and we beat you fair and square in Castlebar.

Most of Galway will be shouting for Mayo tomorrow and the county is a awash with Mayo flags. Connacht needs another All Ireland and I am getting more confident that tomorrow could be the day. The rain will certainly level things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭squiredanaher

Haha, wtf? I was looking for the match thread and saw this

****SFC FINAL - MAYO V DUBLIN ***LOCKED
    UNTIL SUNDAY****

Are'nt we all.!

A laughing stock? Really? I don't think there is any call for that. Give some credit to a fine Tipperary team too. Galway finally won a Connacht title and aren't as bad as you think and we beat you fair and square in Castlebar.

Most of Galway will be shouting for Mayo tomorrow and the county is a awash with Mayo flags. Connacht needs another All Ireland and I am getting more confident that tomorrow could be the day. The rain will certainly level things up.

Galway had an excellent chance to break their decade plus Croke Park duck against a Div 3 team and blew it big time.

I really don't care if Galway people are shouting for Mayo, for ever one shouting for them there is one crack who will be happy to see them lose and remind us all of 1998 and 2001.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Haha, wtf? I was looking for the match thread and saw this

****SFC FINAL - MAYO V DUBLIN ***LOCKED
    UNTIL SUNDAY****

Are'nt we all.!
    Yeah don't really understand why the trollers were allowed to shut it down.

If the biggest match of the season can't be discussed, not much point discussing anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Here's a wee throwback to 1951 to get us in the mood. Goal from all-time great Tommy Langan.

PressRun wrote: »
    Here's a wee throwback to 1951 to get us in the mood. Goal from all-time great Tommy Langan.

That video more than anything else bring home to me the huge length of time since the last win.

It was not just a different era, it was a different world.

Sean Flanagan smoking a cigarette as he lifts the cup, crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

First time in Nally tomorrow, any suggestions on best view or when I should arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Lads if a spare ticket might be knocking around tomorrow morning,where's the best place to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

My dislike of Mayo ended a good few years ago too :D

Its not that I dislike the Dubs either, back in the day if we lost we wished them well if we won they backed us, its just this attitude some of them have about being unbeatable, Senan Connell last night on Today FM epitomized their attitude.

P.S. we have a good man in charge next season, in fairness to Dowd it was a pure re-building job, long way for Meath to catch up with Mayo, Kerry or Dublin.

Hope youse do it tomorrow, its a special feeling, Hon Mayo :D

Unfortunately the closer this game gets, the more pessimistic I get.

Once again I feel we will be going home empty handed.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Unfortunately the closer this game gets, the more pessimistic I get.

Once again I feel we will be going home empty handed.

Hope I'm wrong.

Go for a few pints tonight and you'll be talking about 3 in a rows by bedtime!

Stayed away from the thread in recent days / week's as I remember the last time we were in the final and it was so repetitive and full of trolls etc.

But I'm checking in tonight to say good luck to all Mayo tomorrow: supporters, players, management and everyone involved. For some of us tomorrow will be the 9th time (including the '96 replay) that we will wake up on a September Sunday and wonder... "is today the day?" This group of players deserves an All Ireland more than any other in the country and I make no apologies for saying that. But of course, 'deserve' means nothing in sport.

So best of luck Mayo, do us proud again. I know you will. The excitement inside me is unreal, I'm not sure I'll get much sleep... but after all... tomorrow could be the best day of our lives.

Maigh Eo Abú

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Best of luck tomorrow lads, as a neutral hope you really turn up and perform, love to see ye lift sam please god tomorrow is the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I thought this was very apt for the night that is in it.

To Win just once
    That would be enough
    So come all ye fulltime smalltown heroes
    Cast away your inbred fears of
    Standing out from all the rest
    The cynics and the pessimists
    The self-indulgent almost rich
    The blatant hurlers on the ditch
    Time is passing so come on
    And face the ball, the game is on

Maigh Eo Abú.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

@km oh I'm back alright and ain't going away I'll chat to you tomorrow night buddy.tides they are a turning.were you as smart in 98 and 01 I wonder.

@km oh I'm back alright and ain't going away I'll chat to you tomorrow night buddy.tides they are a turning.were you as smart in 98 and 01 I wonder.

no I was not
    mayo had not won Connacht titles 5 years in a row at that point and had a much inferior team
    Anyway enjoy the match
    Can not for the life of me understand how bitter a person can be to come on a opposing teams forum like clockwork before a game
    Sad way to live a life
    I'll be shouting for the Galway minors tomorrow.
    I won't be on here tomorrow night come what may

naughto wrote: »
    Ah piss off will ya

8 posts out of 11 on this forum . None on the galway forum.
    Most likely a second account
    Sad man/woman
    Ignore list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Best of luck tomorrow lads, as a neutral hope you really turn up and perform, love to see ye lift sam please god tomorrow is the day.

Not a chance. We had our final-worthy spectacle in the semi final with the two best teams in the country going head to head. This is a foregone conclusion!

• Advertisement

I don't think it's fair that the galway lads keep bringing up 98 and 01, they were nowhere to be seen before 98 while we were in 3 finals in two years (inc replay) and should have won, they just got lucky like this current galway team did this year wining the Nestor cup. I wouldn't worry about galway coming out of nowhere to win an all Ireland!

I don't think it's fair that the galway lads keep bringing up 98 and 01, they were nowhere to be seen before 98 while we were in 3 finals in to years (inc replay) and should have won, they just got lucky like this current galway team did this year wining the Nestor cup. I wouldn't worry about galway coming out of nowhere to win an all Ireland!

I dont even mind Galway anymore, how could you dislike a team you beat so frequently?

@km oh I'm back alright and ain't going away I'll chat to you tomorrow night buddy.
    hahaha aw its actually like something a 14 year old boy would say.. poor fella, anyways enjoy your day tomorrow!

I dont even mind Galway anymore, how could you dislike a team you beat so frequently?

But they can do it when it counts, that's what I dislike

Galway haven't done it when it counts in 15 years despite them having many many occasions in Croke Park that counted very much... this Galway turn up for the big matches and play well in Croke Park cliche is the most totally wrong and uninformed view in the GAA. There is no county with a worse recent record in Croker, they are genuinely the worst in Ireland in big games in the last 10-15 years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement