Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lol dunno how that soccer forum post got quoted above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

km79 wrote: »
    Michael Jackson on Up for The match
    Let's see who he tips ;)

Is there only one hairdresser in mayo?

Or did himself and yer wan get a group discount? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bambi wrote: »
    Is there only one hairdresser in mayo?

Or did himself and yer wan get a group discount? :D

VERY enjoyable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

@ maroon and green "there is no county with a worse recent record in croker" I'd be handing that title to your own beauts Mayo consistent loss after loss.and saying that if you're basing your claim on stats counter in the fact that Galway hurl aswell unlike the green and red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Go for a few pints tonight and you'll be talking about 3 in a rows by bedtime!

Three in a rows, you better believe it. Its happening. And it starts tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Get up ye whures, time for road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Get up ye whures, time for road.

The count down is on, but it's the pool rather than the road for me. I'll be sweating it out in 30 degrees here in Portugal.

Have been sitting out on the balcony for the last hour waiting for the wife and kids to wake up.

Even had enough time to compose my wishlist:

* Big performance from our big players, I've no real worries about this.
    * Rochford's sleeve to contain another trick, he has had something the last 2 so why not now.
    * A good physical game, for all that is said about their bench, it's an attacking one and thats what hurts teams. 1 or 2 of their defenders having to exit would be a double result for us.
    * May all their frees be outside 40m's, I think we'll have worked on this, test Rock with a few early long range ones.
    * A couple of early goals for us, limit them to one in total.

That's not much to ask is it!

I've never been as calm going into an All Ireland, today is going to be a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Beautiful morning here in the capital. Going for a walk on beautiful Portmarnock beach to clear the head.

Muigheo Abú!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A bright and sunny start here in Lucan. A little bit sticky but there's a slight breeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mayo by 4
    See ye on the other side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

km79 wrote: »
    Mayo by 4
    See ye on the other side

Now that's positivity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭munster87

I wish I could be as positive about Mayo's chances today but unfortunately I just can't. Mayo only by 3 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Any meteorologists in Mayo? How's the weather? Hoping throw in beats the rain coming our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Groundhog day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

corny wrote: »
    Any meteorologists in Mayo? How's the weather? Hoping throw in beats the rain coming our way.
    Well im in Dunboyne and its been raining here with about an hour. I didn't think it was forecast until later this morning so maybe it'll have cleared east out to sea earlier too and we will have a dry seniors game.
    Pack a brolly (Joe Brolly 😀)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Good chance that it will be wet for the whole match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Just arrived in town, only a matter of time before it rains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

It's been raining in the west from early morning . Not torrential but enough to make a ball very slippy . Wind is light so it might be slow to reach Dublin .
    Looks like it will clear up as things Are brightening up .

Weird being a lot calmer than other years .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Not feeling too nervous, tbh. Slept grand and have been shuffling through my morning. Hasn't really kicked in yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭munster87

PressRun wrote: »
    Not feeling too nervous, tbh. Slept grand and have been shuffling through my morning. Hasn't really kicked in yet.

I won't back you for first goalscorer so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,933 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

never watched a final anywhere but dublin or westport
    the bag is packed for a trip to the latter though....watching it in galway knowing I wont be going anywhere...may tip off to claremorris so at least I'll be
    half way home if the miracle happens
    Please let me be wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,327 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just popped in to wish Mayo the best of luck today. Long overdue a win so here's hoping that the monkey on the back will be well and truly zapped later this afternoon.

I think its fairly safe to say that everyone here in Donegal are fully behind Mayo today. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭mvt

muffler wrote: »
    Just popped in to wish Mayo the best of luck today. Long overdue a win so here's hoping that the monkey on the back will be well and truly zapped later this afternoon.

I think its fairly safe to say that everyone here in Donegal are fully behind Mayo today. :)

Think its also fairly safe to say that everyone else in Ireland is glad the Donegal players are not in Croke Park today :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Isn't it time for some one to start some mad Rumour

Hoping for the best and if that rain is coming from the West can everyone there get out and send their best wishes with that rain .

mvt wrote: »
    Think its also fairly safe to say that everyone else in Ireland is glad the Donegal players are not in Croke Park today :pac:
    as Mrs Browne would say....that's nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

Great courage and bravery from Mayo. Very impressive mental strength. Good luck next week! I honestly think ye will do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I'm devastated tbh. We should have beaten them. Dublin where awful and we had the beating of them. They shouldn't have been in match at all, if only for those two own goals. I'm upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

God knows when the club championship will be played now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Mayo people should be very proud of their team. Love the heart in that display. Lee Keegan..... What a fighter !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Got to love that team . They are utterly unreal. They just don't give up .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Never give up and what a point from Cillian for the Equaliser .

The Quest goes on...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I'm ****ed. Maigh Eo abu. Bloody love this team and county

Fantastic game today and as a "neutral" (I use that word very loosely) I have to say the real winner was football. Both teams deserve credit for their respective performances but the auld bit of bad luck haunted ye with those OG's. In saying that many other sides would have capitulated but fair dues to Mayo for taking the game to the Dubs and really should have win.

Just out of curiosity is that the first time Mayo have not lost a final since 51? If so then the omens are good :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Just out of curiosity is that the first time Mayo have not lost a final since 51? If so then the omens are good :)
    Nope, famously v Meath in 96 and a bit of argy-bargy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,220 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

mvt wrote: »

Seriously!! Can you see Donegal's defence conceding two such crazy own goals. Dublin had of played like that against Donegal they would have lost badly.

Give that man a pint ^ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭acequion

PressRun wrote: »
    I'm devastated tbh. We should have beaten them. Dublin where awful and we had the beating of them. They shouldn't have been in match at all, if only for those two own goals. I'm upset.

Ye were very lucky not to lose in the end,only for Cillian O Connor, ye were gone! I'm from Kerry and we'd have been so thrilled to get a last minute equaliser in the semi.

So buck up,the whole country is behind ye, go out and finish the job the next day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

acequion wrote: »
    Ye were very lucky not to lose in the end,only for Keegan, ye were gone! I'm from Kerry and we'd have been so thrilled to get a last minute equaliser in the semi.

So buck up,the whole country is behind ye, go out and finish the job the next day!

Exactly every county wants Mayo to win, hold yer heads high and go out in a fortnights time and hit Dublin hard and Mayo showed them way too much respect today. Ye have the footballers and the talent to do it, the only obstacle I see on the horizon is a certain Joe McQuillan or David Gough two pro Dublin referees working in the Capital both have which have shown clear bias in favour of Dublin before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

PressRun wrote:
    Yeah it was there for Mayo. Dublin were far too ponderous and poor . We nearly won it funny enough. Poxy game from a Dublin point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,472 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Was there for Mayo today. It's a cliché and all that but Mayo need to believe they can do it. Couple occasions it was there for then to push on today and they didn't.

Have to remember that Mayo are improving with each game.

I really hope they bring everything they can the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Exactly every county wants Mayo to win, hold yer heads high and go out in a fortnights time and hit Dublin hard and Mayo showed them way too much respect today. Ye have the footballers and the talent to do it, the only obstacle I see on the horizon is a certain Joe McQuillan or David Gough two pro Dublin referees working in the Capital both have which have shown clear bias in favour of Dublin before.

Your one bitter kerryman mate,sure ya were spouting out of ya before in the SF

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Kerry are Kerry and rightfully the true Keepers of the flame and Dublin will always only be second best. We are Kerry with an untouchable legacy, we wait in the long grass and Sunday will be an ambush and I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about startled earwigs at the end of it. Let it be clear, Donegal were quite frankly useless and still should have beaten Dublin; the old ancient order will be restored Sunday evening. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Your one bitter kerryman mate,sure ya were spouting out of ya before in the SF

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Kerry are Kerry and rightfully the true Keepers of the flame and Dublin will always only be second best. We are Kerry with an untouchable legacy, we wait in the long grass and Sunday will be an ambush and I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about startled earwigs at the end of it. Let it be clear, Donegal were quite frankly useless and still should have beaten Dublin; the old ancient order will be restored Sunday evening. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Watch the tape and if knew anything about football you could see the sort of cheating that Dublin got away with and the referee David Gough couldn't have been more biased if he tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Watch the tape and if knew anything about football you could see the sort of cheating that Dublin got away with and the referee David Gough couldn't have been more biased if he tried.

As I said your just a little bitter kerryman, this is what you said about Mayo not 3 weeks ago

If we could beat Dublin today then today will be the start of three to four in a row, as for Mayo, yerra well god help the poor auld craythurs

Good luck now, I remember you posting before the same crap when Kerry lose, A change of name doesn't change the change of attitude, tis a pity bye bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭mvt

charlie14 wrote: »
    Seriously!! Can you see Donegal's defence conceding two such crazy own goals. Dublin had of played like that against Donegal they would have lost badly.

I was making a joke that didnt come across very well,meant no disrespect to any players.

However gets a bit tiring for people to assume that everyone in their county is against the Dublin senior GAA team

And, of course the reason the Donegal team wasnt in Croke park today was because Dublin already beat them :D

Wasn't a great game today by both sides if folk were honest.

Hope the best team on the day wins the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Jesus, Skywanderer is wanderng from thread to thread with the same ol guff, KERRY LOST get over it, it was not the referee that beat them either.

Thought the ref did Mayo no favours today, why did he give a free against O'Shea who was in for a goal? Connolly should have went for a blatant pull down.(edit and the MDMC Wrestle on O'Connor, close to a red card)
    All in all a great game, had me out of my seat on a good few occasions, mainly cursing at Mayo turning over possession when the Dubs were there for the taking, Seamus O'Shea did it three times in a row :eek:

So much so for the unbeatable Dubs, who don't do panic, could have fooled me today.

Best of Luck to Mayo in the replay, I stll think you can do it.

P.S Where was the third O'Shea brother today, was he injured?

Jesus, Skywanderer is wanderng from thread to thread with the same ol guff, KERRY LOST get over it, it was not the referee that beat them either.

Thought the ref did Mayo no favours today, why did he give a free against O'Shea who was in for a goal? Connolly should have went for a blatant pull down.

All in all a great game, had me out of my seat on a good few occasions, mainly cursing at Mayo turning over possession when the Dubs were there for the taking, Seamus O'Shea did it three times in a row :eek:

So much so for the unbeatable Dubs, who don't do panic, could have fooled me today.

Didnt hear anything about him being injured - certainly togged on the sideline. Just the way the match panned out, they decided it didnt suit him I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Emotionally exhausted but so proud of the team after conceding two very poor goals.A truly amazing never say die attitude,they just do not know when they're beaten.They could so easily have capitulated.I hope to God we can finish the job Saturday week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Thought the ref did Mayo no favours today, why did he give a free against O'Shea who was in for a goal? Connolly should have went for a blatant pull down.

:eek::confused: It was a bag of shite for the most part, only memorable for the fact that it was so close. Two teams who didn't know how to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭driver02

Not from Mayo but thought some of the Mayo big names didn't play particularly well to day? Seamus O Shea in particular gave away a few crucial balls and Aidan O Shea very poor kicking. Very surprised Moran wasn't introduced earlier.
    Say what you will about Mayo but very few teams in an AI final would recover from 2 hammer blows of own goals as they did to day ( seriously almost gave away a third)
    Mayo have every chance in the replay, Dublin a very good team going forward totally different though when a team goes at them
    Ref should have given Aidan O Shea at least 2 storable frees to day gave most of the 50/50 decisions to Dublin in the first half but improved in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement

Thought Jason Doherty was excellent today. Always took the right option when he had the ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement