Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

It's all over Facebook the dubs are complaining that we got so many tickets for the hill I hope we get twice as many this time to sicking the c1unts

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

I think fans on this site (on both sides) need to take a good look at themselves and realise this is the GAA, it's not Man Utd v Liverpool.

Some of the animosity on here, and other threads, has me shaking my head in dismay.

May the best team win and may there be good losers and good winners on both sides afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

naughto wrote: »
    It's all over Facebook the dubs are complaining that we got so many tickets for the hill I hope we get twice as many this time to sicking the c1unts

I had a Nally ticket for the last match but managed to sneak into the Hill to help the Green and Red army takeover!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Menoetius wrote: »
    I think fans on this site (on both sides) need to take a good look at themselves and realise this is the GAA, it's not Man Utd v Liverpool.

Some of the animosity on here, and other threads, has me shaking my head in dismay.

May the best team win and may there be good losers and good winners on both sides afterwards.

Agree completely. I'm all for a bit of good hearted slagging and some of my favourite days in Croke Park has been sitting beside die hard true Dublin fans. The craic and slagging can be mighty but always good respect when the game is over. This is what the GAA is built on.

The tone of some of the online stuff has taken a nose dive unfortunately. Hopefully it's just a few rogue fans from both sides rather than a sign of things to come in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

ultrapercy wrote: »
    The term "best supporters in the country" is bandied around a lot and sometimes given at a bunch who never have to travel more than 15 mins to a game or book acvomodation but there is no doubt now who the best supporters are. The ldrawn game could have been in Castlebar given the way Mayo fans drowned out the Dubs. Champagne supporters sunshine team against a battle hardened war horse.

You must never have been to Dublin in your life so :D

I don't care what you think of me there was a gang of scumbag dubs in front of me at the game all I heard was we should be in in the hill it's ors who do they the Mayo c1unts think they are all through the game and nothing put abuse at or players for the full game.

That is why I hope we take the hill with twice as many this time

I don't care what you think of me there was a gang of scumbag dubs in front of me at the game all I heard was we should be in in the hill it's ors who do they the Mayo c1unts think they are all through the game and nothing put abuse at or players for the full game.

How childish is this.

I really don't care how many fans are in any particular part of the ground. It doesn't actually matter. I'm just looking forward to the game. You should try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

who the f gives a sh1te about being in The Hill, as if its some sacred cow. It is a f'in stand and tbh, although some Dublin fans,like any fans, satisfy themselves in a group mentality by saying stuff like "The Hill is ours" and "Dublin fans own the Hill", its a mere part of a stadium and nothing more. And it creates for a good atmosphere, albeit with plenty of moronic chants.

But why would anyone care? If you get a chance to be in Croke Park next Saturday, go there and be among your own fans. As much as people get disgruntled and as much as Dublin fans have not any right to a stadium, as a GAA fan, people accept their congregation up there and it is part and parcel for decades when they are playing that its a sea of blue.

People giving out about being amongst these group mentality stupid chants but yet they still want to be there and surround themselves in it for 2 hours just "to make a point" or "a stand" or "show them who is boss".

It gives them f all advantage, as much as people like to think. Also, Gardai are well aware of the safety issues with surrounding opposition fans in a traditional standing area of the stadium and to take the risk, however small it be of inviting trouble, it would be extremely negligent, hence why the tickets for that area of the stadium are usually allocated to one section of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

who the f gives a sh1te about being in The Hill, as if its some sacred cow. It is a f'in stand and tbh, although some Dublin fans,like any fans, satisfy themselves in a group mentality by saying stuff like "The Hill is ours" and "Dublin fans own the Hill", its a mere part of a stadium and nothing more. And it creates for a good atmosphere, albeit with plenty of moronic chants.

But why would anyone care? If you get a chance to be in Croke Park next Saturday, go there and be among your own fans. As much as people get disgruntled and as much as Dublin fans have not any right to a stadium, as a GAA fan, people accept their congregation up there and it is part and parcel for decades when they are playing that its a sea of blue.

People giving out about being amongst these group mentality stupid chants but yet they still want to be there and surround themselves in it for 2 hours just "to make a point" or "a stand" or "show them who is boss".

It gives them f all advantage, as much as people like to think. Also, Gardai are well aware of the safety issues with surrounding opposition fans in a traditional standing area of the stadium and to take the risk, however small it be of inviting trouble, it would be extremely negligent, hence why the tickets for that area of the stadium are usually allocated to one section of fans.

If it gives no advantage, then why did the players bother to warm up in front of the hill in 2006?

• Advertisement

If it gives no advantage, then why did the players bother to warm up in front of the hill in 2006?

Surely you know why they done that???

That was playground player mentality. It was a silly attempt to rile up the opposition "players" and it worked in so far as it caused disruption to Dublins pre game warm up and preparation. It didn't help Mayo either, shooting into a stand of fans berating them. But Dublin didnt score for 20 minutes or so in taht game so it definitely done something to their nerves having disruptive warm up, you would have to imagine.

Back then, most players weren't trained in psychological aspects like that and if that happened again, Dublin would not fall foul to that. They would just turn the other way and head up to the Davin and kick points there.

It caused stupid distraction and heated up the Dublin players led by Whelan and even their management team looked like eegits, old men going about hitting shoulders to opposition trainers in some sort of playground.

I think players nowadays are far more professional mentally to fall for or indeed try playing those antics.

AFAIK, the allocation of warm up is something to do with the dressing rooms and pre game Dublin coach went into Mayo dressing room and reminded them of this.

At the end of the day, both teams switch sides at half time. Its up to the Mayo congregation to create their own atmosphere down the other end if they feel it will create an advantage to the players.

I certainly would NOT do my warm up being distracted by fans hurling abuse even if it merely causes a slight irritant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

That was playground player mentality. It was a silly attempt to rile up the opposition "players" and it worked in so far as it caused disruption to Dublins pre game warm up and preparation. It didn't help Mayo either, shooting into a stand of fans berating them. But Dublin didnt score for 20 minutes or so in taht game so it definitely done something to their nerves having disruptive warm up, you would have to imagine.

Back then, most players weren't trained in psychological aspects like that and if that happened again, Dublin would not fall foul to that. They would just turn the other way and head up to the Davin and kick points there.

It caused stupid distraction and heated up the Dublin players led by Whelan and even their management team looked like eegits, old men going about hitting shoulders to opposition trainers in some sort of playground.

I think players nowadays are far more professional mentally to fall for or indeed try playing those antics.

AFAIK, the allocation of warm up is something to do with the dressing rooms and pre game Dublin coach went into Mayo dressing room and reminded them of this.

At the end of the day, both teams switch sides at half time. Its up to the Mayo congregation to create their own atmosphere down the other end if they feel it will create an advantage to the players.

I certainly would do my warm up being distracted by fans hurling abuse even if it merely causes a slight irritant.

Since the Dubs got their undies twisted so much in 2006 the GAA decided to let them have the dressing room they wanted by stating it's applied in an alphabetical order. As this is "Átha Cliath" as gaeilge, it means that Dublin will only have to switch dressing room and suffer the seemed indignity of warming up into the canal end if they are playing Armagh or Antrim.

Blackjack wrote: »
    Since the Dubs got their undies twisted so much in 2006 the GAA decided to let them have the dressing room they wanted by stating it's applied in an alphabetical order. As this is "Átha Cliath" as gaeilge, it means that Dublin will only have to switch dressing room and suffer the seemed indignity of warming up into the canal end if they are playing Armagh or Antrim.

If Dublin are classified as Atha Cliath, Meath are An Mhi! Similarly, Down, Cavan and Clare are preceded with an "An" when their names are classified "as gaeilge"! :D

Anyway, its all silly. Let Dublin fans have the Hill, its part of The GAA culture so for the love of the game, things like this need to be embraced a bit.
    Removing cultural aspects like this is something that turns me off the game, just like the increasing stoppages in games by certain pedantic referees. Such officiating isn't removing the niggly elements to a game, its worsening them as players now know they can buy a cheap free with the minute playacting.

I am not a Dublin fan by the way. Just so that people think I am biased on this

Blackjack wrote: »

I certainly would do my warm up being distracted by fans hurling abuse even if it merely causes a slight irritant.

Since the Dubs got their undies twisted so much in 2006 the GAA decided to let them have the dressing room they wanted by stating it's applied in an alphabetical order. As this is " tha Cliath" as gaeilge, it means that Dublin will only have to switch dressing room and suffer the seemed indignity of warming up into the canal end if they are playing Armagh or Antrim.
    If Dublin were told today that they had to warm up at the canal they wouldnt bat an eyelid. It means nothing now and its more important to get a proper warm up done. It was a stupid thing to do by Mayo and they were lucky it worked out for them that time or else they would have looked very foolish, even their own manager wasnt happy with them for doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

kilns wrote: »
    If Dublin were told today that they had to warm up at the canal they wouldnt bat an eyelid.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Dublin are used to certain privileges within the Gaa and challenging these does have an effect on both players and the fans.

kilns wrote: »
    If Dublin were told today that they had to warm up at the canal they wouldnt bat an eyelid.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Dublin are used to certain privileges within the Gaa and challenging these does have an effect on both players and the fans.
    I think it means more to those with a chip on their shoulder than it does to Dublin

If Dublin are classified as Atha Cliath, Meath are An Mhi! Similarly, Down, Cavan and Clare are preceded with an "An" when their names are classified "as gaeilge"! :D

Anyway, its all silly. Let Dublin fans have the Hill, its part of The GAA culture so for the love of the game, things like this need to be embraced a bit.
    Removing cultural aspects like this is something that turns me off the game, just like the increasing stoppages in games by certain pedantic referees. Such officiating isn't removing the niggly elements to a game, its worsening them as players now know they can buy a cheap free with the minute playacting.

I am not a Dublin fan by the way. Just so that people think I am biased on this

They allready have dub Joe in there pocket have Crocker as there home pitch and you want to give them the hill as well

They allready have dub Joe in there pocket have Crocker as there home pitch and you want to give them the hill as well

God you really hate them don't you?

It's just a game at the end of the day, yes it's important, but anything that makes you so angry isn't good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

As said the Hill is a traditional Dublin stronghold, let them warm up there ffs, it's no big deal but as a Mayo man i did enjoy 2006 :D

• Advertisement

I dont want to give them anything.

Its a bloody stand at the end of the day. The Dublin team fans have been standing there for decades and claimed it informally. Its a GAA culture thing and its not going to change, no matter how much people whinge!. Ive been in the Hill, in fact I was there as a young lad when Kildare played the Dubs in the replay in 98 and although I was just happy to be there at a match and the result was all that mattered when you are a kid, looking back, I couldnt stomach being there surrounded by riled up opposition fans as an adult

Ive also been there as an adult in games that Dubs werent involved in and all in all it wasn't something I would write home about!

What is the big deal! Why do you consider it a mecca anyway!

Get a ticket if you can and stand there! You don't need to bring all your friends! If these are the things that bother you about matchdays..........

Its the same sh1te every year by some fans re The Hill and it only feeds into the ego of a Dubs fan!

No point going onto boards and spouting on about it! Write a letter to congress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

imo the hill when full of dubs gives an advantage. I was sitting in 203/202 during the donegal/dublin match and the noise from a hill full of dubs was hugely tangible, leading to me being unable to think. This advantage can be used against opposing free takers or opposing goalies, and is!

Was glad to see so many Mayoees in the hill the last day, and hope to see the same again.

308 this time, lucky again :D

God you really hate them don't you?

It's just a game at the end of the day, yes it's important, but anything that makes you so angry isn't good for you.

I don't to be honest what I do like is to get this thread going. I think I did that faily well it's good to see that some dubs aren't afraid to post in here

I don't to be honest what I do like is to get this thread going. I think I did that faily well it's good to see that some dubs aren't afraid to post in here

most of the people who replied to you weren't from Dublin, including me.

I don't to be honest what I do like is to get this thread going.

I guess your kind of "get going" and mine are totally different :rolleyes:

I guess your kind of "get going" and mine are totally different :rolleyes:

No one asked you to post in here if u don't like it there's an unfollow button and bring your rooleyes with ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Biloxi Blues

Oldtree wrote: »
    imo the hill when full of dubs gives an advantage. I was sitting in 203/202 during the donegal/dublin match and the noise from a hill full of dubs was hugely tangible, leading to me being unable to think. This advantage can be used against opposing free takers or opposing goalies, and is!

Was glad to see so many Mayoees in the hill the last day, and hope to see the same again.

308 this time, lucky again :D

The "Hill 16 is Dublin only"attitude ,tolerated by the GAA , has paid statistical dividends (see below) for Dublin. It is long past time that this crowd intimidation is ended. It is more at home in the culture of 1980's English soccer than GAA - and Croke Park despite being handed to Dublin by the GAA as their de facto 'home ground' is not their home ground. It is a national stadium - all parts of it.

https://www.livegaelic.com/features/hill-16-dublin-quantifying-unfair-advantage/

get a grip!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sooooooooooo any auld discussion about MAYO GAA here ?
    :D
    This night week I'll be nervous as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

km79 wrote: »

OK point well made.Anyone envisage any changes for the next day?I think Stephen Rochford will go with an unchanged team.If there were any real options I'd have thought Seamie O Shea might be under a little bit of pressure.I am only hoping Diarmuid can get over whatever injury picked up against Kildare.. Dead leg i believe... He was imperious last year and in the under 21 championship this year. He's been a pale shadow of himself post injury.

Heard Eugene McGee mention on the Last Word that the forecast for next Saturday is for a dry day.He reckoned we should all head up to Knock for a novena.It was only a tad tongue in cheek but there is a hint of truth in the assertion that more inclement conditions will be advantageous to our cause.He all but implied it was our only hope,tad OTT.

Both the O Shea's need to have the game of their lives for us to win next Saturday.

seligehgit wrote: »
    OK point well made.Anyone envisage any changes for the next day?I think Stephen Rochford will go with an unchanged team.If there were any real options I'd have thought Seamie O Shea might be under a little bit of pressure.I am only hoping Diarmuid can get over whatever injury picked up against Kildare.. Dead leg i believe... He was imperious last year and in the under 21 championship this year. He's been a pale shadow of himself post injury.

Heard Eugene McGee mention on the Last Word that the forecast for next Saturday is for a dry day.He reckoned we should all head up to Knock for a novena.It was only a tad tongue in cheek but there is a hint of truth in the assertion that more inclement conditions will be advantageous to our cause.He all but implied it was our only hope,tad OTT.

Both the O Shea's need to have the game of their lives for us to win next Saturday.

Don't mind Eugene McGee, he's been dining out for 35 years on one game he was only in the dugout for. Talks out of the side his mouth, knows everything. This is the fella the GAA gave the rulebook to play with to bring in the black card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Probably not as confident as the last day but I still think we'll do it. The ease at which Dublin got goal chances has me more worried than before last Sunday. Coupled with our lack of goal chances. I wouldn't count Durcans as a goal chance despite him seemingly going for one and Andy's was a half chance.

I'm not to bothered by the forecast, I've watched the game back a few times now and a dry day will suit Andy and Aidan a lot more. If we can get the same ball into them as the last day and it sticks, then we should get more goal chances. We need one if not two goals the next day if dry... 18 to 20 points will probably needed to win it and 2 goals gets you a long way there.

Can't see there being any changes myself.

Good night here for training :D

PARlance wrote: »
    Probably not as confident as the last day but I still think we'll do it. The ease at which Dublin got goal chances has me more worried than before last Sunday. Coupled with our lack of goal chances. I wouldn't count Durcans as a goal chance despite him seemingly going for one and Andy's was a half chance.

I'm not to bothered by the forecast, I've watched the game back a few times now and a dry day will suit Andy and Aidan a lot more. If we can get the same ball into them as the last day and it sticks, then we should get more goal chances. We need one if not two goals the next day if dry... 18 to 20 points will probably needed to win it and 2 goals gets you a long way there.

Can't see there being any changes myself.
    Agree 100% about the dry day and Andy/Aidan
    The ball in first half was actually a lot better than in most games and they had it in hand one on one before it slipped out
    I can see us going for similar the next day cos we WILL need goals
    No doubt about that
    Even one the last day would have won it ......I think we will need 2

The "Hill 16 is Dublin only"attitude ,tolerated by the GAA , has paid statistical dividends (see below) for Dublin. It is long past time that this crowd intimidation is ended. It is more at home in the culture of 1980's English soccer than GAA - and Croke Park despite being handed to Dublin by the GAA as their de facto 'home ground' is not their home ground. It is a national stadium - all parts of it.

https://www.livegaelic.com/features/hill-16-dublin-quantifying-unfair-advantage/

there you go buddy. Noone is stopping you heading to The Hill now!

Thats meant for Biloxi by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That's what I thought earlier today, an average of 20 additional tickets per ~50 clubs. At 1,000 it's still a fair bit short of the 4,000(?) surplus from each minor county. Hopefully there's more to follow.

The brother has kindly given up his senior player terrace ticket. Hill, here I come.

there you go buddy. Noone is stopping you heading to The Hill now!

Thats meant for Biloxi by the way!

I'm trying to make it out -an extra 40 or 50 tickets for the Hill? To stand next to the stewards section so the gougers can't get at you? Even if it's only verbal aggression, I prefer to have the security for myself and family. No thanks.

This could be utterly stupid but I think it would be better keeping Aidan off till the second half. He hasn't hit full form all season but by being on the sideline for 35 minutes he will be able to see better how the game is going and make a plan of he can be of more of an influence. Not too mention he should be that bit more hungry as well.

Realistically no matter what the scoreline is, the first half is irrelevant for Dublin. It is the last 35 mins that we need to excel. Really think that Aidan would do wonders if he came on then. It would just drive us home until the ref blows the final whistle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

tacofries wrote: »
    it would be better keeping Aidan off till the second half
    That you Jim Gavin? :pac:

That you Jim Gavin? :pac:

haha fair enough. I did say it could be mad but just think his not hitting the heights that he could be. Once we don't let Dublin get too far ahead the first half is basically pointless. All it does is run down the energy of our best players!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

haha fair enough. I did say it could be mad but just think his not hitting the heights that he could be. Once we don't let Dublin get too far ahead the first half is basically pointless. All it does is run down the energy of our best players!

Well we expended a huge amount of energy in the first half the last day and it didn't seem to slow us down in the second at all. I see what you mean about bringing AOS on in the second half but you just need him out there from the start tbh. When he's on form he galvanises the whole team, Mayo usually play brilliantly whenever Aidan plays well, I know his record in the big games is dodgy but dropping him is a risk you can't take. I mean who even comes in for him if you drop him? You'd have to change the whole forward system unless you put Barry Moran in there and he doesn't have the mobility to be a goal threat like Aidan.

This could be utterly stupid but I think it would be better keeping Aidan off till the second half. He hasn't hit full form all season but by being on the sideline for 35 minutes he will be able to see better how the game is going and make a plan of he can be of more of an influence. Not too mention he should be that bit more hungry as well.

Realistically no matter what the scoreline is, the first half is irrelevant for Dublin. It is the last 35 mins that we need to excel. Really think that Aidan would do wonders if he came on then. It would just drive us home until the ref blows the final whistle.

AOS has been one of Mayo's best players this season? When push came to shove against Tyrone and Tipp, he stood up.
    Against Kildare, he done all the dirty work, unselfishly in the middle of the field and even around the half back line. (lets not mention the dive the previous week!) and against Westmeath he endured foul after foul yet ket his cool.
    He is a better player than what he has shown this season, everyone knows that but he certainly isnt having a bad season.

What would be the point leaving him on the bench? He is one of the fittest players around and as strong as an ox, its not as if he is going to tire in the last ten minutes.

Sorry, but he is undroppable for Mayo, especially in an All Ireland Final!!.

martyos121 wrote: »
    You'd have to change the whole forward system unless you put Barry Moran in there and he doesn't have the mobility to be a goal threat like Aidan.

Definitely agree on the motivation side of things. Energy wise they did perform fully to near the end of the match but would he just have that bit more in the tank to give if left of? Surely he would...

Barry Moran was the man I was thinking. True he is not as mobile but Moran is just as good, if not better, in the air than O'Shea as shown in the Fermanagh match. With that in mind he could be that bit better f laying the ball of to Andy or O'Connor.

I could be a bit daft though tbh!

AOS has been one of Mayo's best players this season?

Been one of 'Mayo's best players' and 'not hitting full form' are totally unrelated! If he has more to give, then he has more to give regardless of how he compares to other players. Really just think that once the scoreline is near level, the game is solely won in the last 35 minutes.

Been one of 'Mayo's best players' and 'not hitting full form' are totally unrelated! If he has more to give, then he has more to give regardless of how he compares to other players. Really just think that once the scoreline is near level, the game is solely won in the last 35 minutes.

The game could be over at half time if you rest your best players in anticipation of keeping them fresh to win it in the second half

I honestly don't get your logic.................. why would he suddenly improve more by sitting on the bench for the first half??

AOS is not an impact bring on late kind of player! He is a man you want on the pitch all game.

The game is level at throw in. Thats when you need him. That lad could last 140 minutes on a pitch before any energy sapping.

The game is not won over the last 35 minutes. Thats a bad attempt at a cliche statement!

Over half the tickets the clubs are due to receive are terrace tickets, for either Hill 16 or the adjacent Nally Terrace.

Going by http://mayogaa.com/ Mayo has 51 clubs
    and by http://www.dublingaa.ie/clubs Dublin has 91,
    outnumbered there we are.

The game is not won over the last 35 minutes. Thats a bad attempt at a cliche statement!

Not a cliche at all, plenty of matches that show it. Kerry being 5 points ahead at half time against the dubs is just the latest example of that.

Not a cliche at all, plenty of matches that show it. Kerry being 5 points ahead at half time against the dubs is just the latest example of that.

It is a complete cliche! Just because the odd team manages to stage a comeback in a second half doesn't negate the events of the first half? Majority of GAA matches, the team leading at HT, goes on to win as they can control the game better. Obviously there are occasions when a team is overhauled with a comeback

The game finishes at the end of the second half, and obviously the game intensifies as the minutes pass by but if a team had the attitude that they can wait until the second half and then go out and win it, they would be hammered.

If only for those two goals in the first half, Mayo would probably have won Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

If McGee is talking about trips to Knock then the national media narrative has not changed in the last week.

Barry Cahill, I think that's who it was, was on Today FM the day of the match saying that he could not see anything other than a comfortable Dublin win.
    Jackie Hurley on RTE the day before said that every Dublin person she meet was confident of an easy victory.
    Now that's all fine but there has been a suggestion that the Dublin players may have been listening to too much of this type of talk.

Now this week the narrative is that they will never play as poorly again, if they listen to too much of that talk then its certainty to be Mayo's day.

But I think Dublin playing bad was not just as simple as them having a off day, Mayo's performance as a lot to do with it and as I have said here before, deep down this team do not seem to have the bite that everyone said they had.
    This is three games on the trot now were they wete supposed to win easy but have been a bit off colour.
    Hopefully it continues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement