Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

naughto wrote: »
    Way to spin a load of rubbish are u sure your not there pr team. If we had something like that you would hear about it for days to come

listen to yourself!!!! Its others that are spinning it in an anti Dublin sort of way!

It is the HSE running a conference where McMahon is one of the speakers. It is not organised in any way by Dublin team, fans or a group of anti Mayo supremacists.
    McMahon gives a lot of these sort of speaches it seems about mental health and drug addiction as his own brother died a drug addict.

Are people that naive to think this is an arrogant agenda setting platform against Mayo fans!

Ps, I am shouting from Mayo, my allegiance lies with them but the reactions and paronia and reading into about this are verging on stupid! Yes they could have put a Mayo player on it but if there is no Mayo player going to be there speaking, whats the point????

Take it up with these guys, I am sure they will all be on the Hill next Saturday, Coppers until early hours and heading to The Boars Head to sing and dance with the Dubs!

http://www.hse.ie/healthandwellbeing/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

listen to yourself!!!! Its others that are spinning it in an anti Dublin sort of way!

It is the HSE running a conference where McMahon is one of the speakers. It is not organised in any way by Dublin team, fans or a group of anti Mayo supremacists.
    McMahon gives a lot of these sort of speaches it seems about mental health and drug addiction as his own brother died a drug addict.

Are people that naive to think this is an arrogant agenda setting platform against Mayo fans!

Ps, I am shouting from Mayo, my allegiance lies with them but the reactions and paronia and reading into about this are verging on stupid! Yes they could have put a Mayo player on it but if there is no Mayo player going to be there speaking, whats the point????

Take it up with these guys, I am sure they will all be on the Hill next Saturday, Coppers until early hours and heading to The Boars Head to sing and dance with the Dubs!

http://www.hse.ie/healthandwellbeing/

It is disrespectful to the Mayo team. It states that you can get your pic taken with SAM. Now wtf do you not get here!!. These muppets think dublin have it in the bag and Mcmahon will be there with SAM.

It is disrespectful to the Mayo team. It states that you can get your pic taken with SAM. Now wtf do you not get here!!. These muppets think dublin have it in the bag and Mcmahon will be there with SAM.

?? McMahon is there to give ANOTHER one of his regular health and well being speeches. He is not going to be there to bring the cup.

its a fundraising conference as far as I can see.

Do you know what, I am out! This is silly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

?? McMahon is there to give ANOTHER one of his regular health and well being speeches. He is not going to be there to bring the cup.

its a fundraising conference as far as I can see.

Do you know what, I am out! This is silly!
    Door>>>>>>>

Kalyke wrote: »
    Door>>>>>>>

Hopefully Davy Clarke or Seamus O Shea will volunteer himself to speak at the event about the mental health issues caused by needless paronia leading up to an AI final and get his photo on the leaflet!
    Keep both sides happy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

It's absolutely ridiculous that people are getting their Knickers in a twist over this complete non story. it is not disrespectful to anyone, it is meaningless. a copy write error, something that was meant to included or omitted depending on result.

It's embarrassing that people or latching on to this NON event.

Best of luck to the lads on the pitch next Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Maybe its just some blurb written by someone who has zero ideas about the GAA apart from being told that Philly plays for Dublin and that they are defending champions and that the cup is called the Sam McGuire.

Obviously it got pasts editing but a lot of stuff does.

Maybe its just some blurb written by someone who has zero ideas about the GAA apart from being told that Philly plays for Dublin and that they are defending champions and that the cup is called the Sam McGuire.

Obviously it got pasts editing but a lot of stuff does.

Is someone missing the most obvious memo here!!!

PHILLY MCMAHON IS SPEAKING AT THE EVENT!!

It is not a flashy event about GAA, its a mental health initiative that was launched this summer aimed at both mental health and physical health, using the GAA as a launchpad to promote interest. (hence, the Sam Maguire aspect)

It says nothing about getting a photo with McMahon with the trophy at all. He is there in his capacity as a speaker and has done these talks for the last year.

The lad should be applauded for doing these talks to promote issues like this as we all know his background and what he went through with his brother and the fact so many fans look up to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

How come the ladies can keep their feet in a soggy Croke Park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Can't believe this needs to be mentioned but the exclamation mark at the end of the sentence seems to have been missed. Obviously a little harmless tongue in cheek banter mixed with promotion. Its actually funny it was reported in the national media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

Kalyke wrote: »
    How come the ladies can keep their feet in a soggy Croke Park?

They have air bags to keep them up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

naughto wrote:
    They have air bags to keep them up

Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

This week is gonna be a fierce slog:pac:

Any update on dillion

Any update on dillion

apparently he lost an eye, sorry, I meant an "i" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Any update on dillion

PM on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

seligehgit wrote: »
    PM on the way.

me too please !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

PM on the way.

Sames please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Any update on dillion

Same Please!!

What is the big secret! Is he injured or not??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

PM on the way.

Same please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

same please!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

OK what's the big secret ?

Out with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

Yea, if anyone gets a PM then publicise it. The last i read was that he had some bruising on his foot. Hardly going to miss the game over that, and if he does, then its not the end of the world

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dillon had a big fall out with management. Thats the big secret. O'Connor and O'shea are out.
    But the weather is going to be good so its irrelevant then ;)

yop wrote: »
    Dillon had a big fall out with management. Thats the big secret. O'Connor and O'shea are out.

Big fight with in the dub camp cos Connolly didn't get his food delivered heated and had to wash up after wards so he's out for sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

yop wrote: »

I heard O'Connor and O'Shea are running the show and told Dillon to jog on. Stephen Rochford couldn't do anything about it cos he has no man management skills. It's anarchy over there. Don't shoot the messenger.

Both doubtful according to somebody I've spoken to... It could be BS.

Well played on the pm craic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Nope both are out. Big loss the 2 of them

Well played on the pm craic

I really didn't wish to put it out there unless I knew it was factually true but I've felt my hand had been forced by all and sundry.

No game playing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Dillon and who else are doubtful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

What is the big secret! Is he injured or not??!!
    According to today's Western People it reports that Dillon has bruising on his none kicking foot.

IMO there is a good chance he will be ok for Saturday.

Both Cillian and Evan are fine for Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Dillion is a slight doubt because bone bruising is slower to heal in a mid 30 than a mid 20 but he should be OK. At this point everyone else is 100%. Keegan has surplus of energy for his job requirement so he is running The Simon 5 mile race in the Phoenix Park on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

Both doubtful? you were only asked about dillon? or do you mean both of his feet at doubtful, because that would be twice as bad

ureds wrote: »
    According to today's Western People it reports that Dillon has bruising on his none kicking foot.

IMO there is a good chance he will be ok for Saturday.

Both Cillian and Evan are fine for Saturday.

thanks for that, dont know what all the pm nonsense was about, I PMd you a thanks.

Squatman wrote: »
    Both doubtful? you were only asked about dillon? or do you mean both of his feet at doubtful, because that would be twice as bad

sure they are Mayo men, amphibians in nature, no need for feet on a wet day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Hopefully Davy Clarke or Seamus O Shea will volunteer himself to speak at the event about the mental health issues caused by needless paronia leading up to an AI final and get his photo on the leaflet!
    Keep both sides happy!!

Neither player would agree to appear with Sam two days after a final that has not yet been won. Smacks of something that was also very evident before the drawn game.

• Advertisement

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Neither player would agree to appear with Sam two days after a final that has not yet been won. Smacks of something that was also very evident before the drawn game.

It isn't PM who agreed to bring anything!!!

There are other GAA speakers there as well, there has been a few of these conferences since August and Irish Life has invested over a million into this GAA initiative last year, thereby granting them clearly some sort of right to have the cup in their possession for the conferences. The conference had been scheduled for that date before the final had been played and its just unfortunate now that its taking place is coinciding with the aftermath of the replay.

It is nothing to do with PM, he is there as a speaker, he does this regularly for different initiatives.
    he is not anything to do with bringing in the cup.
    The cup is there on behalf of the GAA who have received massive funding from Irish Life so it is fair game that they could have it fo a few hours. Would you honestly begrudge them that, given the intention of the conference.

Come on people, this is ridiculous conspiracy theoried, paronoid, inferiority complexed thinking. The media has trolled you and you have fallen for it!

https://www.irishlife.ie/customer-service/about-irish-life/irish-life-thrilled-support-gaa-healthy-club-initiative

Agree, it was a sly move by Irish Life to glean some free advertising via the various media outlets and the reaction to it is probably what they hoped for.
    There are a few Sam McGuires doing the rounds, so they will have one of those.

So breath in easy and see behind the free marketing ploy! :)

Clever, sly, coincidental, naive, unfortunate! Personally, I'd call it "what it says on the tin"! Conference. GAA Related. Health Initiative. Presence of PM as one of the speakers. Presence of Sam Maguire on behalf of the fact they have invested 1 million into the Organisation. Simples!

Call it what you want!!

But, yes, it worked a bloody treat! :D

It isn't PM who agreed to bring anything!!!

There are other GAA speakers there as well, there has been a few of these conferences since August and Irish Life has invested over a million into this GAA initiative last year, thereby granting them clearly some sort of right to have the cup in their possession for the conferences. The conference had been scheduled for that date before the final had been played and its just unfortunate now that its taking place is coinciding with the aftermath of the replay.

It is nothing to do with PM, he is there as a speaker, he does this regularly for different initiatives.
    he is not anything to do with bringing in the cup.
    The cup is there on behalf of the GAA who have received massive funding from Irish Life so it is fair game that they could have it fo a few hours. Would you honestly begrudge them that, given the intention of the conference.

Come on people, this is ridiculous conspiracy theoried, paronoid, inferiority complexed thinking. The media has trolled you and you have fallen for it!

https://www.irishlife.ie/customer-service/about-irish-life/irish-life-thrilled-support-gaa-healthy-club-initiative

It's not the presence of Philly i have an objection to.

Clever, sly, coincidental, naive, unfortunate! Personally, I'd call it "what it says on the tin"! Conference. GAA Related. Health Initiative. Presence of PM as one of the speakers. Presence of Sam Maguire on behalf of the fact they have invested 1 million into the Organisation. Simples!

Call it what you want!!

But, yes, it worked a bloody treat! :D

You're protesting a little too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Up mayo
    :D

• Advertisement

It's not the presence of Philly i have an objection to.

So what in gods name is it!!! Are you begrudging the presence of a cup at a conference that is promoting health in the GAA from a firm who has invested a seven figure sum into same GAA!!
    You're protesting a little too much.

ha, says your man!!!!

you are the one (among others) getting angry and jumping to conclusions over the most ridiculous of things!!

ha, says your man!!!!

you are the one (among others) getting angry and jumping to conclusions over the most ridiculous of things!!

Where in my 2 posts on this topic did i display any anger? You're the one all excited throwing exclamation marks all over the place.

Philly is appearing two days after the All Ireland Final Replay with Sam at an event. I can understand your efforts to make this look less presumptuous than it is.

So what in gods name is it!!! Are you begrudging the presence of a cup at a conference that is promoting health in the GAA from a firm who has invested a seven figure sum into same GAA!!

The old "if i act thick he'll go away" routine.

Well done you.

km79 wrote: »
    Up mayo
    :D

What is the protocol anyway WHEN Mayo win the trophy. Is it officially in the possession of the Mayo County Board until next May or does it still hover around with the GAA effectively holding possession of it??

65 years is a long time! I can see some frustrated old Mayo Man doing a Jules Rimet on it after all the years of hurt!

The old "if i act thick he'll go away" routine.

Well done you.

you are a gas man! (exclamation mark, inclusive!)

FIN

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement