Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I know a guy who may be able to do something on the ticket stakes..........

pat-hickey-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

PARlance wrote: »
    The Championship Ends Here, this has just over 5,000 views and half of them are probably from me.

https://youtu.be/SBGp-QUdVg8

I actually put that together it did well on facebook got like 170 k views and I really wanted to do another ahead of the final, had a great idea for it and all but work has just been mad so had no time in the evenings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Barlett wrote: »
    I actually put that together it did well on facebook got like 170 k views and I really wanted to do another ahead of the final, had a great idea for it and all but work has just been mad so had no time in the evenings

Nice one, great work. Do you have the full audio file for that Brady interview. I'd love a listen back if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

PARlance wrote: »
    Nice one, great work. Do you have the full audio file for that Brady interview. I'd love a listen back if you have it.

Sure thing..here it is

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/The_Panel_on_Off_the_Ball/103209/Saturday_Panel_Liam_McHale_David_Brady__John_Casey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Unchanged team has been announced

1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
    2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
    3. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
    4. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
    5. Lee Keegan (Westport)
    6. Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    7. Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
    8. Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    9. Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
    10. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
    11. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
    12. Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
    13. Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
    14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
    15. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain).

Team Manager: Stephen Rochford.
    Selectors: Donie Buckley, Tony McEntee & Sean Carey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

seligehgit wrote: »
    Unchanged team has been announced

1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
    2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
    3. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
    4. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
    5. Lee Keegan (Westport)
    6. Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    7. Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
    8. Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    9. Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
    10. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
    11. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
    12. Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
    13. Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
    14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
    15. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain).

Team Manager: Stephen Rochford.
    Selectors: Donie Buckley, Tony McEntee & Sean Carey.

No alarms and no surprises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I reckon there will be one. No idea what but I'd put my house on Rochford changing something up.

Hopefully that's enough to keep the Dubs silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Anyone reckon Coen might get a decent run the next day? Prob one of our most mobile midfielders (if he comes on in midfield).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Anyone reckon Coen might get a decent run the next day? Prob one of our most mobile midfielders (if he comes on in midfield).

I'm thinking something crazy like Barry Moran with Aidan up top from the start if the weather is dry. Hopefully rattle them early and grab a goal. Won't be easy marking the two of them.

Coen or Drake to be added later on to midfield if needed. What height is Drake actually?

• Advertisement

About 6-1 or 6-2 I reckon, he's in Andy's gym in Castlebar and doesn't seem very tall. It'd be good to see the twin towers inside tomorrow actually, hopefully with some decent ball going in tho!

Isn't Drake more of a defender?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

PhoneMain wrote: »
    About 6-1 or 6-2 I reckon, he's in Andy's gym in Castlebar and doesn't seem very tall. It'd be good to see the twin towers inside tomorrow actually, hopefully with some decent ball going in tho!

Isn't Drake more of a defender?

Drake's a half back alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I don't see any changes from that, tbh. Coen might come in later after Seamie runs out of steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

PressRun wrote: »
    I don't see any changes from that, tbh. Coen might come in later after Seamie runs out of steam.

Same as that
    Seamus may have a shorter leash this week

Drake's a half back alright

Doesn't matter, if you're over 6ft you're worthy of mention in a system that rarely works.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

I'm thinking something crazy like Barry Moran with Aidan up top from the start if the weather is dry. Hopefully rattle them early and grab a goal. Won't be easy marking the two of them.

Coen or Drake to be added later on to midfield if needed. What height is Drake actually?

You need fresh players for the last 15 mins Moran to come on then to help out in the forward line.
    You don't start your best team you finished with it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,220 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

naughto wrote: »
    You need fresh players for the last 15 mins Moran to come on then to help out in the forward line.
    You don't start your best team you finished with it

I would be off the opinion, especially in an AI final, if you don`t start your best team it could be all over no matter who you bring on in the last 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 fehenry

charlie14 wrote: »
    I would be off the opinion, especially in an AI final, if you don`t start your best team it could be all over no matter who you bring on in the last 15 mins.

I'd agree with that but I don't think Seamie is the best we have to partner Parsons. I think he is an honest grafter, he won't shirk and he'll run himself into the ground but his basic skills are limited.
    His passing, whether by hand or foot, was atrocious the last day and I don't see any chance that he will be able to do better tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,220 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

fehenry wrote: »
    I'd agree with that but I don't think Seamie is the best we have to partner Parsons. I think he is an honest grafter, he won't shirk and he'll run himself into the ground but his basic skills are limited.
    His passing, whether by hand or foot, was atrocious the last day and I don't see any chance that he will be able to do better tomorrow.

Tbh, no harm to the lad, he gives his all, but from his performances this year, and especially 2nd half last day if it was me I would have doubts about starting him as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Getting wet here in Lucan....

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Getting wet here in Lucan....

just head inside or put a coat on. You will catch yourself a cold.

Or you can borrow this mans cap.https://twitter.com/JamesHoransCap?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

In the words of Joanna Donelly on the rte weather there. the weather for the game. well it will be dull and wet to start of with but by the time its over it will be much brighter. i think shes just sealed Mayo's win. hon mayo!!

well Michelle Mulherin has hat for tomorrow if it rains and thats all that matters!!

mulherinFront.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

[IMG][/img]weather%20sat_zpsuicniyfr.jpg

[IMG][/img]weather%20saturday_zpsnvshtgxl.jpg

Another Mayo News Podcast.

It’s a bonus preview podcast as Rob Murphy and John Gunnigan of the Mayo GAA Blog take you through the last minute news and chat ahead of Saturday's All Ireland Final replay.Special guest for this episode is Gavin Duffy,former Irish rugby international, and a man who was part of the Mayo senior football panel in 2014.

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/listen/football-podcast/28664-audio-football-podcast-21-all-ireland-final-replay-preview-bonus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cpg093

Does anyone know if there are extra trains from maynooth into Dublin tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

cpg093 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are extra trains from maynooth into Dublin tomorrow?

Going by Irish Rail website there's trains every 20 mins approx during the afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Ah lads getting excited now, also more confident closer to throw in.

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Ah lads getting excited now, also more confident closer to throw in.

Polar opposite... Bag of nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

seligehgit wrote: »
    Polar opposite... Bag of nerves.

Yep...same here...been awake for about 2 hours already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Yep...same here...been awake for about 2 hours already

I don't know what it was the last day but I just was not as excited/nervous as I normally am for a big game never mind a final. Even at the game itself. Found the overall atmosphere strangely subdued.
    BUT I'm absolutely buzzing today!
    It's going to be a special day
    UP MAYO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Real end-game feeling this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,869 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

p5zL2u.gif

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Stolen from blog
    Western State Bulldogs (underdogs, country boys)have just beaten Sydney Swans (city slickers, favourites) in the AFL grand final. Have lost multiple finals recently and the last time they won it was 1954!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

km79 wrote:
    Stolen from blog Western State Bulldogs (underdogs, country boys)have just beaten Sydney Swans (city slickers, favourites) in the AFL grand final. Have lost multiple finals recently and the last time they won it was 1954!!

Good omen but despite the name Western Bulldogs are based in Melbourne so not quite Country boys.

They share the Etihad Stadium with Carlton, Essingdon, North Melbourne and St.Kilda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Lads anyone know where tickets are at this morning? Still done have one....

Rumours are flying around that Henelly will start

Not sure how I'd feel about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Bit harsh unless there's an injury.
    Maybe it's for his long range frees?

• Advertisement

I read this week that Clarke has never lost to Dublin. If he had a broken leg, i'd be keeping him in goals.

Apart for 2 panic kicks to put Dublin 3 up his kickouts were brilliant the last day.

God that would be incredibly harsh,there is a precedent from last year though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Dringe123

Anyone know what time Croke Park opens today?

Dringe123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time Croke Park opens today?
    Historically Gates have been open 1h30mins before throw in, but this is going back 10 years maybe since I last had to know, so 3:30 maybe?

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Would be strongly against switching goalkeepers now. Clarke has had a brilliant year.

Oh lord that's a MASSiVE call

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Historically Gates have been open 1h30mins before throw in, but this is going back 10 years maybe since I last had to know, so 3:30 maybe?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. I've since seen that the museum is open (and free!) from 3 to 5. Actually in Dublin too early!

DDC1990 wrote: »

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. I've since seen that the museum is open (and free!) from 3 to 5. Actually in Dublin too early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

I sincerely doubt it. Jesus

• Advertisement

Iam on the train on the way up so not sure how good of info it is. I hope it's sh1zte

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement