Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Robeman wrote: »
    I gave my thought on County Board 5 weeks ago and was ridiculed but I still stand by what I said them.

We have to change the way we do things if we want to win an All Ireland.

1. Get rid of all the "egos" involved in Connolly \ Holmes coup
    2. Get rid of Rochford for not being strong enough to stand up to egos
    3. Bring in a professional to run Mayo County Board. (Spend at least 100k to get someone decent) and put in place a set up to deliver an All Ireland.
    No point wasting 600k a year on losing All Ireland campaigns (and money Fans spend in going to watch Mayo lose).

I spent a LOT of money over the last few months following mayo around the country
    I don't see it as money wasted and feel sorry for any mayo "fans" that do

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Robeman

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Offaly had their golden generations in both codes come along pretty much at the same time.. Before and afterward they are not in remotely good places!!!

Their Golden generations won ours lost. That the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Robeman wrote:
    Their Golden generations won ours lost. That the difference.

Will someone get rid of this lad???

Proud of Mayo. The facts are we played 2 games versus a team that was supposed to beat us comfortably and lost by just one point. It's hard to keep saying, but we are privileged to have them players represent our county. They owe us nothing.
    Maigh Eo Abú

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Jaysus lads, Galway fan here, heart goes out to ye..
    3rd Year in a row ye had draws (Kerry semi '14, Dublin Semi' 15) and then narrowly lose the replay of them to the team that wins the All Ireland..

How the players (and indeed ye fans) keep going back to the well season after season after all these heartbreaks is admirable

One last thing, I been a critic of him in the past but Seamie O'Shea was wonderful I thought for ye today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

Howye lads and lasses.ive been on here before and gave ye and yere county men a few digs and low blows.all in the name of a bit of craic being honest and local rivalry me being a Galway man.km79 knows me from here.I got a one week ban last time out.nothing a Mayo man can't dish out either by the way having had the craic with a few of them over the years.anyway lads gutted for the Mayo team today.big calls and gambles from management but they could have gone either way and sport is cruel.gutted for the supporters aswell.honestly thought ye would win it today having rattled the dubs 2 weeks ago.not much in it today on any aspect take rocks frees and the Dublin penalty out of it and they didn't do much damage as a unit.felt bad for hennelley.didnt work out and at the end of the day he could hardly say no thanks I'll sit this one out lads.hope he takes no notice of media etc this week.hopefully Moran stays on next year and I say that having watched him dance in pearse stadium.he definitely deserves an all Ireland.on a plus note for ye Dublin looked a spent force today so doubt they will be a big threat next year.hope the lads enjoy a bit of time off now and rebuild after the Christmas.must be hard to find the motivation after so many knocks but hopefully they kick on and get the job done next year.heres hoping Galway improve and look forward to renewing the old rivalry next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

What an absolute load of ****e being spouted in this thread tonight. For **** sake, the keeper started today as a result of management making a tactical decision based on something they thought would happen. Unfortunately that misfired. Do you think the likes of Higgins, Andy Moran, Keegan, Boyler et al would put up with the sort of playoffs influence rubbish that is being portrayed here. That wouldn't be tolerated in a decent junior club with a semblance of ambition. Unfortunately we lost based on a tactical back firing, what we really need now is to let the players recharge again, refocus for 2016, get any niggles sorted, dig out a free scoring inside forward and then push on for 2017. Harrison had a great year, Was impressed with youngest o shea when he came on, Durkan was brilliant today, contender for score of the year i feel, coen has potential to be a brilliant player for us for the next decade, hopefully Regan will start showing his potential next year. I really feel if we get a Michael Murphy or Brogan (obviously in his prime) esque forward, there's a couple of all Ireland's in this team - hopefully that management unearth some gem over the winter. Mayo for Sam 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I gave my thought on County Board 5 weeks ago and was ridiculed but I still stand by what I said them.

3. Bring in a professional to run Mayo County Board. (Spend at least 100k to get someone decent) and put in place a set up to deliver an All Ireland.
    No point wasting 600k a year on losing All Ireland campaigns (and money Fans spend in going to watch Mayo lose).

There was no egos yesterday. You can argue about the Galway game but not yesterday. I think alot of issues got sorted after the galway game. Everyone gave their all but we were beaten by the slightly better team with a slightly more direct approach to going for scores but ultimately one mistake killed us. These things happen.

I think Rochford has brought a better approach than Horan/connolly & holmes. He is willing to try things and you can't fault him for that and his match ups are pretty much on the ball, but I think the Armagh man has a serious input in this. The connolly\holmes thing is over now with a year so move on. There is no point going there. You just piss everyone off with that after yesterday

I think the guys gave there all and nobody can have any issues. I hope Rochford tells them to go away and we will speak in February and give a load of young/fringe players a good crack in the FBD/League to find that missing one/two players we needed yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Please close this thread until the funeral is over.
    The ****e talk is unreadable .
    On yesterday . I finally got a ticket and was privileged to watch the greatest Mayo team in the last 60 years .
    Walking down cloniff road was as tense a feeling with no banter . It was as if this was the linch pin for how the game would go .

The loss of lee and later Donal killed our attacking options so well done to diarmud Connolly for orchestrating the tunes to Maurice Deegan who was I thought set at the same frequency .

We did tire quite a bit and substitutions like Barry ands Alan just didn't have the impact .

If your question to your self is will we be back next January supporting this them and the answer is yes . Then please remove your negative comments .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I have far more confidence in Rochford's ability to bring this team to winning the AI final than I ever had in Holmes/Connolly.
    I agree that his decision to change keeper was a bad one. He had more faith in Hennelly's abilities relative to Clarke's than most supporters i know. I hope he takes something from this and regroups for 2017. My faith is firmly with him as a manager. He hasn't been afraid to take chances, change things tactically, and make decisions that have won games. This one backfired though.
    As a spectator i feel emotionally drained when i think about yesterday so I can only try to imagine how those players and backroom team are feeling this morning when they wake up. They left everything out there on that pitch. I was so proud of them. My heart goes out to them right now. I hope this loss doesn't beat them psychologically for 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Just doesn't get any easier does it. Sure it's only game apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

I was posting about "Egos" 5 weeks ago and was ridiculed for saying Mayo would not win and why. Expect some of these so called rumours to be confirmed as true in the national press this week. The local are too pathetic to write anything of substance.

Some players are deserving of massive respect for what they have done for Mayo. The only criticism that can be applied to them is that they allowed the "Egos" to gain control this past year.

Unfortunately the "Egos" lead them to a loss that could have been a win.

What team or group doesn't have people with varying degrees of self belief? In a work, voluntary or sport context, it always exists. Sometimes it's simply required to make a group tick and successful. Look at Dublin - they have egos too!

Your point that the management were overrun by this is unproven. Until players and management publicly acknowlege that Rochford, McEntee et al were merely puppets and a small group players made all the decisions, I think you should lay off with your argument. It is unhelpful and simply untrue at this point.

A bit of fairness from Deegan yesterday and we would be having a homecoming with Sam today.

Watching it again there is no way that was a black on Keegan. Connolly begs the ref for a card and Deegan gives it.

Small like McCawley in the first game should have clear reds and only end up with a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Really feel for you guys ..... Over the 2 games you played fantastic and short of a bit of luck you could have done it .... You're time will come, I'm convinced of that... I hope it makes you stronger as a team for 2017 and you can go one better ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

We have a great team and they certainly cannot be questioned for effort or dedication .

Dublin have a slightly greater team . There is nothing to be upset about when you lose to a better team .

We will go again .Thats what life and Mayo football is all about .

NEVER GIVE IN .

REST, RECOUPERATE , PLAN............and continue UNTIL WE WIN .

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Please close this thread until the funeral is over.
    The ****e talk is unreadable .
    On yesterday . I finally got a ticket and was privileged to watch the greatest Mayo team in the last 60 years .
    Walking down cloniff road was as tense a feeling with no banter . It was as if this was the linch pin for how the game would go .

The loss of lee and later Donal killed our attacking options so well done to diarmud Connolly for orchestrating the tunes to Maurice Deegan who was I thought set at the same frequency .

We did tire quite a bit and substitutions like Barry ands Alan just didn't have the impact .

If your question to your self is will we be back next January supporting this them and the answer is yes . Then please remove your negative comments .

An interesting point above is that when you lost Keegan and Vaughan, a defender and a midfielder that it damaged your attacking options very badly, Mayo seem to be a natural full forward at his peak away from winning the all ireland, if Paul Geaney was in the Mayo team I think you would have beaten Dublin with a bit to spare yesterday.

Extraodinary effort by the lads. Simply can’t be faulted on that alone. However two things I feel will contribute to us continuing to end on the wrong side of tight matches such as these. First is our forward unit as a whole in contributing scores from play (0-3 today) and second, impact of substitutions from the bench. The Dubs hit us with 0-4 I think at a critical time with subs contributions. Its a tough nut to crack, but cracked it must be if we are to go that extra mile to land the prize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

A bit of fairness from Deegan yesterday and we would be having a homecoming with Sam today.

Watching it again there is no way that was a black on Keegan. Connolly begs the ref for a card and Deegan gives it.

Small like McCawley in the first game should have clear reds and only end up with a yellow.

Stop blaming the referee it is getting worn out. He did not cost you the game a tactical fck up did.

In every game there are decisions that go against any team, jeasus even that bore Carney felt a few against Dublin were harsh and that is something coming from him.

As for the cards some cards in each game were debatable, (I dont like the black card system) From what I saw and I will look again both incidents involving Small and Connolly were instigated by C.O'C and Vaughan. Vaughan done it right beside the play so how thick can you get. Mayo players were at Connolly in both games end of. What was unusual to some was he didnt react. Keegan was hug out to dry with that kick out and deserved to go. Deegan was left with no option yesterday. Had small got a card for attempting to strike C.O'C chances are both would have walked. As for Connolly shouting at the referee, which I detest!! He is only in the Ha'penny place when compared to C.O'C and A.'O'S What about Jason Doherty and his sly belt on Johnny Cooper? You didnt see it. Sly and dangerous.

Mayo have come a long way especially in the last 4-6 years and are in the top 3 teams since 2011 but there is a cynicism that has crept in which is not nice and wont win them an All-Ireland. Before people keep blaming Dublin, referee or anything else you need to look at your set up. The fact they focused so much on Dublin I think cost them as they lost their way a little in not doing what they are good at enough.

Nobody would begrudge Mayo a title, no Dub would anyway. I sincerely hope Mayo do land one soon. Lads like Higgins, Andy Moran, Boyle, Durcan are great to watch playing and it would be nice to see them climb the steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭blue4ever

The blue4ever is a bit of a give-away!
    I was on the Hill with a large group of Mayo supporters. Dignified in the loss, a credit to GAA supporters. Great chats during the game - everyone being realistic and level headed.

Ireland is a big village in reality; I struck up conversation with Ms Lavelle from Belmullet (where I learned to swim!!) we knew a lot of people in common. She gave me proper stick during the game and it was great to have that ribbing to keep you grounded!

The best to the Dublin team and backroom today - deserve a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Where does the 600K figure come from???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭acequion

As a Kerry supporter I was gutted for Mayo yesterday. Was gunning for you guys and couldn't bear to watch the end of both matches it was so tight. I know it's very frustrating and heart breaking for ye but yer time will come. Of that I'm convinced. You've got fine footballers.

What's heartening too is that at the start of the season all the pundits had Dublin way ahead of the rest. Dublin's last three games have proved that they're really only one step ahead of both Kerry and Mayo and you guys came closest to toppling them.

Dublin are undoubtedly the team of the decade and a brilliant side but their winning mentality might be what just got them over the line this year.

So chin up Mayo, ye have every reason to be proud and confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Said it a while back that Connolly was playing Keegan at his own game. Seems he pulled Keegan back to get first run, Keegan then pulled him back (not down) and Connolly goes down rather easily. Its sad that his reaction afterwards probably got Keegan sent off. The referee seemed to indicate a jersey tug but then changed his mind when Dublin created a fuss. ****ing horrible stuff but they both signed up for it so no complaints either way.

Interesting that Coen kept Connolly very quiet in the second half. Should get him an All Star nomination.;)

corny wrote: »
    Said it a while back that Connolly was playing Keegan at his own game. Seems he pulled Keegan back to get first run, Keegan then pulled him back (not down) and Connolly goes down rather easily. Its sad that his reaction afterwards probably got Keegan sent off. The referee seemed to indicate a jersey tug but then changed his mind when Dublin created a fuss. ****ing horrible stuff but they both signed up for it so no complaints either way.

Interesting that Coen kept Connolly very quiet in the second half. Should get him an All Star nomination.;)

Was Connolly very quiet? I thought he got on a lot of ball and from what I recall, never wasted it. Always seemed to take the right option. He was also clear in on goal but McManaman failed to pass it when he should.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Was Connolly very quiet? I thought he got on a lot of ball and from what I recall, never wasted it. Always seemed to take the right option. He was also clear in on goal but McManaman failed to pass it when he should.

I was being facetious. He wasn't very quiet last week either.

What team or group doesn't have people with varying degrees of self belief? In a work, voluntary or sport context, it always exists. Sometimes it's simply required to make a group tick and successful. Look at Dublin - they have egos too!

Your point that the management were overrun by this is unproven. Until players and management publicly acknowlege that Rochford, McEntee et al were merely puppets and a small group players made all the decisions, I think you should lay off with your argument. It is unhelpful and simply untrue at this point.

A long time ago there were lots of rumours flying around about Charlie Haughey and his money and mistress which lots of innocent people said were not true and asked those spreading the rumours to prove it.

Year later the truth all came out. Unfortunately it was too late the damage had been done.

When people do wrong they seldom admit to it in public, when people conspire to do wrong they seldom provide the evidence.

There is nothing wrong with self belief or even arrogence if you subsequently deliver. Dublin have every right to be arrogent but they don't seem to be, ditto the great Kerry team with 8 All Irelands.

Blaming Connolly \ Holmes last year for defeat was dishonourable as can be seen from result this year.

Will any of the players apologise to Connolly \ Holmes I expect not but I suspect that deep down many now accept that they did wrong.

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Really feel for you guys ..... Over the 2 games you played fantastic and short of a bit of luck you could have done it .... You're time will come, I'm convinced of that... I hope it makes you stronger as a team for 2017 and you can go one better ....

I know the whole country feels sorry for us and that everyone outside Dublin wanted us to win and that virtually every ticket in the other 30 counties flowed into Mayo hands. We appreciate it but we don't want sympathy we want another All Ireland so that for once in our lifetimes we can for one day at least be the proudest county in Ireland.

10 visits to Croke Park for final in last 27 years without a win and previous 38 without even a final is not due to luck, bad refs, curses or any other excuse except one. It is due to our own management failings. You make your own luck, you make up for a bad ref by being even better than opposition.

If we do not change the way we do things next time we will lose again. Did you see the Sunday game last night. All the pundits expect Mayo to be one of the main teams next year BUT absolutely none of them expect a Mayo win in the next few years. They know we will not change and that we will always lose if we do not change.

I am not interested in being gallant losers or moral victories that day is long gone. I know that to win we need a better county board, a better manager than SR and players who have all the other personal characteristics of championship teams as well as skill and committment. If skill and committment were all that was needed we would have a few more medals in our pockets. Unfortunately more is needed including loyalty. Loyalty to the team, loyalty to the management, loyalty to the county. Loyalty to onesself of little use.

Where does the 600K figure come from???

Saw it in the paper or on line. There was a listing of how much each county spending on their senior teams past number of years. From memory Mayo was 600k approx. Amount varied each year.

Looking to next year .........we need to go through the front door
    Semi draw is Connaught Munster and ulster Leinster
    Tyrone and Dublin are the 2 big threats IMO so hopefully they win through to play in their own side of draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

km79 wrote: »
    Looking to next year .........we bed to go through the front door
    Tyrone and Dublin are the 2 big threats IMO so hopefully they win through to play in their own side of draw

I wouldn't be a writing Kerry off as a big threat yet. They have an outstanding group of minor players and when they come through, there could be another spell of dominance. The big question is how long it'll take to bed them in and how able they are for senior championship football. It could be a little while yet before they get onto the senior panel but the current group are still good enough to win Sam.

Tyrone are an overhyped side in my opinion. A very good side but not as good as a lot make them out to be, but are capable of an All Ireland title all the same. I think any one of the "big four" could win it next year, whoever makes the most improvements should do it because the standard of football hasn't been as high this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

blueser wrote: »
    So much heartbreak in Croke Park down the years now. It's never going to happen, is it?

I'm a Dub supporter through and through, been going to matches since 2001. I used to think it was impossible too. Don't say that. If it were you lot against any other county I'd be screaming for yiz pal, ye will have your day in the sun yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Fbjm wrote: »
    I'm a Dub supporter through and through, been going to matches since 2001. I used to think it was impossible too. Don't say that. If it were you lot against any other county I'd be screaming for yiz pal, ye will have your day in the sun yet.

.......since 2001, you really have no idea what following Mayo is like for a long long time.....but that's a nice post and appreciated all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

A long time ago there were lots of rumours flying around about Charlie Haughey and his money and mistress which lots of innocent people said were not true and asked those spreading the rumours to prove it.

Year later the truth all came out. Unfortunately it was too late the damage had been done.

When people do wrong they seldom admit to it in public, when people conspire to do wrong they seldom provide the evidence.

There is nothing wrong with self belief or even arrogence if you subsequently deliver. Dublin have every right to be arrogent but they don't seem to be, ditto the great Kerry team with 8 All Irelands.

Blaming Connolly \ Holmes last year for defeat was dishonourable as can be seen from result this year.

Will any of the players apologise to Connolly \ Holmes I expect not but I suspect that deep down many now accept that they did wrong.

My advice to you is pretty simple. Like everyone else, acknowledge that the ConnElly / Holmes debacle was ugly but move on. If you can't do that, and have issues with these players and management , stop supporting them and put your money, time and effort into something you find more rewarding.

One thing I would wonder about the Mayo camp is how the rumour about Hennelly starting got out. I read about it here yesterday as one poster said that everybody on the train up was talking about it and I got messages from friends about it too.

Contrast that to the Dublin camp - I didnt hear anything about the changes to the Dublin team until I heard them on TV.

It seems strange that this news leaked from the camp and if I was Rochford, I would be curious to know why or how it was leaked. Surely Mayo would have wanted to keep this quiet until just before throw-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Needles73 wrote: »
    .......since 2001, you really have no idea what following Mayo is like for a long long time.....but that's a nice post and appreciated all the same

I'm 24 pal, I only got really into the sport at the age of nine. A decade of losing still sucks you have to admit, but okay it's not as bad as multiple decades fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Fbjm wrote: »
    I'm 24 pal, I only got really into the sport at the age of nine. A decade of losing still sucks you have to admit, but okay it's not as bad as multiple decades fair enough.

That reminds me of a vox pop on radio 1 the evening before the drawn game.A lad said he'd love to see mayo win as he had never seen us win an all-Ireland in his lifetime( he was 6).It's all relative I suppose :-).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

One thing I would wonder about the Mayo camp is how the rumour about Hennelly starting got out. I read about it here yesterday as one poster said that everybody on the train up was talking about it and I got messages from friends about it too.

Contrast that to the Dublin camp - I didnt hear anything about the changes to the Dublin team until I heard them on TV.

It seems strange that this news leaked from the camp and if I was Rochford, I would be curious to know why or how it was leaked. Surely Mayo would have wanted to keep this quiet until just before throw-in.
    Very good point. I think it really shows the professionalism and unity of the Dublin camp
    Rochford needs to get to the bottom of that.
    Feel really sorry for Hennelly. He will get a lot of the criticism but Keegan was stupid to pull Connolly down [he done it in the drawn game and got away with it]
    Also O Connors free at the end should have been routine for a top inter county free taker but he bottled it. Its easier blame Hennelly though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Don't think its a coincidence that a team who get to hire and fire managers is also a team that leaks that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

km79 wrote: »
    Looking to next year .........we bed to go through the front door

Ye would want to win Connacht first

Robson99 wrote: »
    Ye would want to win Connacht first

We need to go through front door i said
    That implies we need to win Connacht !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Clare man here ,gutted for ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

I think a clear out is needed in the winter especially in the forwards.The majority of them are not good enough and have a losing mentality at this stage.

My advice to you is pretty simple. Like everyone else, acknowledge that the ConnElly / Holmes debacle was ugly but move on. If you can't do that, and have issues with these players and management , stop supporting them and put your money, time and effort into something you find more rewarding.

Why should I just move on. The "egos" do not have a god given right to the jersey, to pick the management, to dictate terms to the Mayo County Board.

The Mayo team belongs to the people of Mayo not a bunch of selvserving individuals.

If they had won yesterday they would have got to own the Mayo team for next 10 years. They lost so they should be removed from the panel for keeps in the same way they removed the managers last year. What goes around comes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Why should I just move on. The "egos" do not have a god given right to the jersey, to pick the management, to dictate terms to the Mayo County Board.

The Mayo team belongs to the people of Mayo not a bunch of selvserving individuals.

If they had won yesterday they would have got to own the Mayo team for next 10 years. They lost so they should be removed from the panel for keeps in the same way they removed the managers last year. What goes around comes around.

Go Holme Pat.

Does anyone know where one can see a copy of letter written by Mayo players to county board last year. I have searched internet and cannot find a copy. It would be interesting to read that letter in the light of what happened this year and particularly yesterday.

If anybody has a copy or knows of where it can be found on the internet can they post it.

Robeman wrote:
    Does anyone know where one can see a copy of letter written by Mayo players to county board last year. I have searched internet and cannot find a copy. It would be interesting to read that letter in the light of what happened this year and particularly yesterday.

Your up there with one of the most frustrating posters ever to get an account on boards.... just give up with the ring talk about infighting and county board and managers and players ruling team selection.... honest to god that shiiite is ruining this thread on some good posters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

There will,be a film made on Mayo football when they win the All Ireland. I think it will happen and i think Mayo are not far away from the holy grail. Time is a great healer and they will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

Amprodude wrote: »
    There will,be a film made on Mayo football when they win the All Ireland. I think it will happen and i think Mayo are not far away from the holy grail. Time is a great healer and they will be back.
    I highly doubt it , If this particular team were going to win it they'd of done it by now.

Amprodude wrote: »

There is a good enough story even without the win but given the substance of the recent history it will probably be classified as a political thriller rather than a sporting film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Miccoli wrote: »
    I highly doubt it , If this particular team were going to win it they'd of done it by now.

not necessarily, they are competing year in, year out with the most fearsome team in decades. They are losing by the minimal margins and well capable of beating them and shoyuld have done the last day and could have done yesterday, was it not for an unprecedented amount of goalkeeping errors and losing Keegan was massive also. The likes of COC is young and they have another good batch of players coming through in the next couple of years.

They have a fierce resilience and the most irrational mentality the way they keep coming back, both in seasons and even in games.
    This Dublin team could dominate now but at the end of the day, when they/if they play eachother there will never be much between them and it just takes that bit of sway, the way Dublin got it on the drawn game, to take them over the line.

Scr£w curses, bottlers, not good enough. They are well able and I am sure this batch will.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

The dubs will be looking for a 3 in a row next year, they'll have jack McCaffrey and Rory O Carroll back, I'm afraid it will be even harder next year!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement