Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

PressRun wrote: »
    Threads being hijacked by people who have axes to grind or simply want to sneer is getting very tiresome.

Or maybe people getting a bit sick of the self-pity Mayo posts in which everybody and everything is getting blamed on another Mayo defeat.

I read elsewhere that 31 one counties were for Mayo on Saturday, and who could blame them, Even Dubs have a soft spot in hoping Mayo break through,But the continuing self-pity and Actually thinking that Mayo deserve a AI because ,well because they haven't won one is wearing a bit thin, I wouldent be thinking the 31 counties is still behind Mayo, The game is over you lost, think of your future in the league and championship, thats were you will make the break through not reminiscing about the what ifs from the past.

And where have I done any self pitying or said that Mayo "deserve" an All-Ireland? Just because I think that it's pretty tiresome to see the same names cropping up again and again to engage in some triumphalism or sneery "I told you so" nonsense doesn't mean I believe in self pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

kilns wrote: »
    Of course it holds water. I am shocked neither of you can understand the basic premise that investment in anything in any walk of life, be it sports, education, etc will breed success.

The point is being missed it is how Dublin is structured. Look at their coaching set up, whatever money Dublin gets the vast vast majority goes into coaching in nearly every school and club in the county, it doesnt all go to prepare a professional team to destroy all the other poor counties. Also Dublin is one of the least political county boards in Ireland allowing them to put these things in place without petty squables that can hinder other counties.

Look at Cork for example, how much money is being wasted on the currenty vanity project down there and the state they are in. Alot of others could learn alot from how Dublin is run both on and off the pitch

But it's essentially what I said. If money is invested in the development of any sports at grassroot up to senior level it will breed success. Without going too deeply into sports development and talent nurturing, finances are a big factor in building foundations. It's a simple premise. Hence why I find it bizarre people don't get it. It's also part of all sport. And I don't begrudge the development of football. You can't point out any advantage Dublin may have as a county w/o some taking offence as if it's some personal attack on their players. It's simple, Dublin are nurturing gaelic games and the game is thriving, clubs are well funded, participation is huge, breeding more competition and more talent and player dedication and support is at an all time high.
    There is nothing wrong with that. I don't understand the need to get offended everytime someone mentions the word finance in Gaelic games.
    It's not a criticism of your team it's just pointing out that you have a much better chance of breeding a competitive 30 man squad of prime players.
    At the end of the day, it's only 15 on 15 but it's getting to that point that Dublin have an advantage.

That isn't begrudging, nor woe is me, it's just a factual point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

And where have I done any self pitying or said that Mayo "deserve" an All-Ireland? Just because I think that it's pretty tiresome to see the same names cropping up again and again to engage in some triumphalism or sneery "I told you so" nonsense doesn't mean I believe in self pity.

Wasn't actually talking about you PressRun nor Everyone in this thread, There are some very valid and good points made here.But Its also pretty tiresome to see everytime Dublins wins the same auld nonsence being spouted out...population,money,profesionalism,ref,homeground,media,supporters who wont travel, etc etc etc.

Ah sure I leave it there and good luck next year,as you just never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

kilns wrote: »
    The point is being missed it is how Dublin is structured. Look at their coaching set up, whatever money Dublin gets the vast vast majority goes into coaching in nearly every school and club in the county, it doesnt all go to prepare a professional team to destroy all the other poor counties. Also Dublin is one of the least political county boards in Ireland allowing them to put these things in place without petty squables that can hinder other counties.

Look at Cork for example, how much money is being wasted on the currenty vanity project down there and the state they are in. Alot of others could learn alot from how Dublin is run both on and off the pitch

God, I am not so sure about that. I am always hearing complaints about the Dublin county board. For example, that they treat their hurlers a lot worse than their footballers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

But it's essentially what I said. If money is invested in the development of any sports at grassroot up to senior level it will breed success. Without going too deeply into sports development and talent nurturing, finances are a big factor in building foundations. It's a simple premise. Hence why I find it bizarre people don't get it. It's also part of all sport. And I don't begrudge the development of football. You can't point out any advantage Dublin may have as a county w/o some taking offence as if it's some personal attack on their players. It's simple, Dublin are nurturing gaelic games and the game is thriving, clubs are well funded, participation is huge, breeding more competition and more talent and player dedication and support is at an all time high.
    There is nothing wrong with that. I don't understand the need to get offended everytime someone mentions the word finance in Gaelic games.
    It's not a criticism of your team it's just pointing out that you have a much better chance of breeding a competitive 30 man squad of prime players.
    At the end of the day, it's only 15 on 15 but it's getting to that point that Dublin have an advantage.

That isn't begrudging, nor woe is me, it's just a factual point.

It is not just the amount of money, it is the way it is spent.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/brogan-im-going-again-and-ill-take-that-jersey-back-35111177.html

Today's Independent has an interview with Brogan. He says a few things about the money, but this is possibly the one that other counties should look at:

"Money, what does it give you? We haven't been away at all for a training camp at all, we go down the country.

"Every other team has gone to Spain and Portugal and all this stuff."

Where did Mayo go this year? Was that money well spent? Or should it like Dublin be "at grassroots level it's about participation, teaching these kids and getting them to evolve"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Godge wrote: »
    It is not just the amount of money, it is the way it is spent.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/brogan-im-going-again-and-ill-take-that-jersey-back-35111177.html

Today's Independent has an interview with Brogan. He says a few things about the money, but this is possibly the one that other counties should look at:

"Money, what does it give you? We haven't been away at all for a training camp at all, we go down the country.

"Every other team has gone to Spain and Portugal and all this stuff."

Where did Mayo go this year? Was that money well spent? Or should it like Dublin be "at grassroots level it's about participation, teaching these kids and getting them to evolve"

FYI Mayo went to Limerick

I am not talking about holidays!! I am not saying the Dublin County Board are incentivicing their players to go out and showcase their talents with promises of money.
    What I am saying is that Dublin have the money and the means to expend on ventures throughout the club and even school structures which other counties don't have.
    Brogan is talkin about a completely different accusation regarding player funding at senior county level. By that level players are near their best anyway so no amount of money will get them better on an individual player level.
    But the County Board has funds to ensure they are at their peak, training facilities twice the level of standard than the Mayo's and the Kerry and we won't even mention the second and third tier counties.
    I know the Kildare County Secretary. He has just taken over and spends more time going to matches, training at Hawkfield than with his family and work! Every night nearly!
    He will get paid petrol money in December, before that, zilch. Tickets to any game but it's on a much lower standard of professionalism than the Dublin County Board who can hire the best of people to look after stuff like financial investment in clubs, player welfare, grants.
    Players have special dinners dropped to their workplace in Dublin! I mean, seriously, it's stuff like this that will bring out the best in a team.

Kildare County Board hasn't a fraction of the finances Dublin has to go giving clubs grants, schooling developments etc etc

You say it's how the finances are being spent. Jimmy Hyland, one of the brightest talents in Kildare GAA just done his cruciate. An All Ireland semi finalist this year. If he wasn't covered by private insurance he would be screwed. Club's wouldn't have the finances to get him the top medical treatment, physio etc.

Their can't be a coincidence with how Dublin have dominated senior level the past decade. Plenty of good underage players in the Kildare and Westmeaths in that period but they just don't step up that extra level past U 21 that Dublin do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Barlett wrote: »
    FYI Mayo went to Limerick

They also had a training camp in London after the game over there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

statto25 wrote: »
    They also had a training camp in London after the game over there

They did, but no different from having a training camp in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Stoner wrote: »
    It's a Mayo GAA thread, hurling is fair game here. I've seen Keith Higgins hurling achievements mentioned more than once.

Nicky Rackard Cup Champions no less

16 MO NICK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Nicky Rackard Cup Champions no less

16 MO NICK.

Mayo4Christie17

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Robeman

Rochford explained why he did it. He probably over-thought things slightly in feeling that a longer kickout would give the extra couple of % we needed to get over the line. What more do people want him to say? He made a call that was probably over-analysed to an extent and got it wrong. Sometimes these things work out, sometimes they don't. At this point, I think the Hennelly thing has been done to death. It was a mistake and hopefully we learn and move on.

I really should stop being cynical and believe the students when they tell me the "dog ate my copy" "my mother accidently put my copy in the fire". I should always believe 100% what football managers say in interviews. If they say it in an interview it must be true. I should also believe politicians when they are interviewed as everything they say is also true.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Robeman

You wouldn't hear a word out of these "people" if the change had worked and Mayo had won. People just want a scapegoat and they are the same people who have been waiting since last year to get a few things off their chest.

Some people set out their stall weeks before first match and were ridiculed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Robeman, I'm going to instruct you to not post in this thread (or its future incarnations) again.
    Do not reply on thread. PM me and/or the other mods if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Robeman, I'm going to instruct you to not post in this thread (or its future incarnations) again. Do not reply on thread. PM me and/or the other mods if you wish.

Praise the Lord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

km79 wrote: »
    Just reading Ed mcgreals latest article
    He says Rochfords 7 week old child is in the Chikdrens hospital in Cumlin
    Perspective

I have been giving him stick for some of his decisions, but I do not wish him or his family any ill will.
    I know people who have had to spend some time with their children in Crumlin and the likes of the NRH and it is a very hard road.
    I sincerely hope that his little one is going to be ok.

I am not allowed discuss …

Mayo4Christie17

Mayo win Christy Ring and qualify to play in Leinster championship.

And football people are afraid to break up the sacred cows that are the provinces

Robeman, I'm going to instruct you to not post in this thread (or its future incarnations) again. Do not reply on thread. PM me and/or the other mods if you wish.

God is Great

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭charlie1980

Chill citizens!
    Can Mayo be in the shake up next year?A long way back for them.Will probably have to beat Galway in Pearse Stadium,yikes!

4-1 best price to win the all ireland if that is your taste.

The Mayo bookies are rubbing their hands in glee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Chill citizens!
    Can Mayo be in the shake up next year?A long way back for them.Will probably have to beat Galway in Pearse Stadium,yikes!

4-1 best price to win the all ireland if that is your taste.

The Mayo bookies are rubbing their hands in glee.

Shouldn't you be getting ready for the Foroige Club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

And just like that "EGOS" robeman was gone.whoosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Hey guys, I don't post in here (I don't post in the Dubs thread either) but I just wanted to congratulate Mayo on another great year.
    I wanted to let a week go that the usual nonsense merchants would die off/get banned and I didn't want it to seem condescending or gloating so soon after another narrow loss.

Dublin and Mayo are clearly the best two teams of the last couple of years. I spoke to people after the semi and they all said that that win was as good as the final because mayo were poor this year. I was of the opinion that anyone can be beaten on any day and that we hadn't seen enough of Mayo to determine that. I don't think most Dubs look back at the semis against Mayo last year and think that was our real final even though it's much closer to the case than the Kerry semi this year.

If Mayo had been up against Kerry, Tyrone or Donegal last week I'd have been cheering them on. And I'm not going to pretend that it's because I've any gra for Mayo. More that memories of Dublin Donegal in 2011(not 2014) still haunt my dreams and I'll never forget the postings we got from the other two in the 2000s.

See you next year lads. Winter well, we've to do it all again next year (by which I mean scutch pints and watch).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭interlocked

Well,

I was in the library in Castlebar tonight, as part of the Wild Atlantic Words festival.

Ray McManus the sports photographer, he of " A Season of Sundays" was there launching a new book. McManus is a sporting photographic legend.

In attendance was Michael Lyster, Martin Carney and Andy Moran.

Not a huge crowd, Andy was there early, mixed, talk had the craic with everyone, he had apparently got short notice of the function, I could be wrong about that, but he had to leave to go training in Ballaghdereen shortly after, championship at the weekend against Knockmore.

Martin Carney introduced him, and Andy spoke off the cuff on the theme about "What Sunday means", no notes, no preparation, just from the heart. It was all about the people that shaped him as a footballer and the players that are coming after for Mayo after last Sunday.

That man is a leader of men.

I'd follow him into battle.

Can you imagine what young Mayo footballers must think looking and listening at him.

Feb 4th. Mark it down, we're going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Live coverage of the Aghmore Ballintubber game today.Not entirely sure how this platform works.

http://www.localstreaming.club/live-video-aghamore-vs-ballintubber-mayo-senior-football-championship-group-2-round-3/

It's a busy weekend for me, but I actually managed to get down to see the Ballintubber-Aghamore match. Cagey enough first half and got fairly scrappy in places. Lots of words exchanged between players throughout the match, lots of backchat and mouthing and bit stop-start with fouling. Don't think the ref is a black card man because I think there were a couple of fouls that might have warranted it, but nothing given. David Kenny went off for Aghamore on two yellows, and I think that was the changing of the game. Aghamore got some nice scores from play, but they really played the majority of the second half in their own half of the pitch. Ballintubber took full advantage of the extra man and turned it up on Aghamore in the second half. Three O'Connors on the scoreboard - think Cillian got something like 1-08 (wasn't really keeping count tbh), Diarmuid got a goal and Ruaidhri got a point. Gary Loftus scored a couple of nice ones too. Jason Gibbons was back in action too, which was great to see. Ballintubber needed the win, so good for them.

Had heard it was fairly tight between Hollymount and Charlestown, but not sure how it ended up? Also heard Liam Irwin had a great game for Breaffy. One of the young crop to keep an eye on for next year perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

seligehgit wrote: »
    Live coverage of the Aghmore Ballintubber game today.Not entirely sure how this platform works.

http://www.localstreaming.club/live-video-aghamore-vs-ballintubber-mayo-senior-football-championship-group-2-round-3/

balls missed it, anymore like that coming up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,353 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's a busy weekend for me, but I actually managed to get down to see the Ballintubber-Aghamore match. Cagey enough first half and got fairly scrappy in places. Lots of words exchanged between players throughout the match, lots of backchat and mouthing and bit stop-start with fouling. Don't think the ref is a black card man because I think there were a couple of fouls that might have warranted it, but nothing given. David Kenny went off for Aghamore on two yellows, and I think that was the changing of the game. Aghamore got some nice scores from play, but they really played the majority of the second half in their own half of the pitch. Ballintubber took full advantage of the extra man and turned it up on Aghamore in the second half. Three O'Connors on the scoreboard - think Cillian got something like 1-08 (wasn't really keeping count tbh), Diarmuid got a goal and Ruaidhri got a point. Gary Loftus scored a couple of nice ones too. Jason Gibbons was back in action too, which was great to see. Ballintubber needed the win, so good for them.

Had heard it was fairly tight between Hollymount and Charlestown, but not sure how it ended up? Also heard Liam Irwin had a great game for Breaffy. One of the young crop to keep an eye on for next year perhaps.

Watched the Ballintubber match from the end of the first half on that stream (cheers Selig). Strange kind of game, Diarmuid took his goal well. Hollymount lost by a point.

This is my first time being back living in the County for in 15 years and I can't wait to get some of the championship in, couldn't make it to the Breaffy match but the younger brother seems to be doing his best to hold onto his spot. Tough competition out there at present with the county senior and U21 contingent.

kupus wrote: »

you can still watch it. Its still up. excellent commentary to be fair

I'll have to watch that game back myself.Cheers for the report PressRun.

I made it up for the Mitchels Ballina Stephenites game.Ballina were full value for their 3 point half time advantage,the Mitchels were a bit off the pace in the first half,Neil Douglas's free taking kept them in the contest.Evan Regan got one beauty in the first half.

The second half was one way traffic with an early second half goal for the Mitchels,they upped their intensity with fewer turnovers.Neil Douglas was undoubtedly MOTM,superb performance.Eoghan Reilly put in a solid performance,Cian Costello was impressive too.

Loads of new faces on view for the Mitchels...Shane Irwin at corner back,Rhyne Collins and David Joyce in the half backs.Fergal Durkan in the middle of the park.David Stenson IBM the half forwards.There is quite a youthful appearance to the team and I believe they'll be very hard to beat within the county and possibly at provincial level.

Big Barry was on the bench alongside Patrick Durkan,Fergal and James brother.Ditto Ger McDonagh who started last year.Young lads like Calum Kyne,Jake Gannon,Anthony O Boyle got some game time whilst Danny Kirby and Tom Cunniffe were on the bench.

Great to see David Clarke togging out today.Ger Caff was on water bottle duty.

kupus wrote: »

Not sure TBH I just came across it in passing but if I spot anything similar I'll let my fellow Boardsies know.

• Advertisement

Neil Douglas was undoubtedly MOTM,superb performance.

Heard he kicked 9 points off both feet? Wouldn't be the first time he's contributed plenty to the scoreboard for the Mitchels. Is there a reason he hasn't been given a real chance for Mayo? I seem to remember him making brief appearance at some point but then nothing.

Heard he kicked 9 points off both feet? Wouldn't be the first time he's contributed plenty to the scoreboard for the Mitchels. Is there a reason he hasn't been given a real chance for Mayo? I seem to remember him making brief appearance at some point but then nothing.

Hopefully he'll get a chance next year. He was unlucky with an injury a few years back. Decent article here http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/27249-douglas-aims-to-serve-castlebar-and-mayo

There is a new Mayo News podcast out I see.

I am afraid to listen to it.

Has anyone listened yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

There is a new Mayo News podcast out I see.

I am afraid to listen to it.

Has anyone listened yet ?

Yes not as painful as I thought
    John gunningan not at all impressed with Deegan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Just read on balls.ie that Rob Hennelly was getting some abuse at the Breaffy game yesterday. Anyone know if there is any truth to it? Hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Just read on balls.ie that Rob Hennelly was getting some abuse at the Breaffy game yesterday. Anyone know if there is any truth to it? Hope not.

Be VERY suprised and disappointed if that was true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Feb 4th. Mark it down, we're going again.

Has the FBD league been cancelled?
    or do you just not like the snowy sleety chilly wind down by the corrib in NUIG? :D
    Personally I love it

I'd be surprised if one or two clowns didn't jeer or something. I'm just after reading an "article" about the "abuse" Aidan received after Saturday, it was basically just a few guys on twitter saying he shouldn't get an All Star.

These guys get loads of adoration, yes it's not nice when they get a bit of abuse but idiotic sensationalist clickbait articles like that giving a few clowns airtime are far more annoying imo.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he got a bit of stick. I have seen a bit of that at club matches, especially when inter-county players are involved. Nothing majorly over the top, but it goes on. I think Robbie just has to take it on the chin, tbh, as will any of the other players who might come in for a bit of "treatment" at club level. They know the score themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Oldtree wrote: »
    Has the FBD league been cancelled?
    or do you just not like the snowy sleety chilly wind down by the corrib in NUIG? :D
    Personally I love it

It's fine for shaking off the winter cobwebs, no more no less.

No need for any Roscommon style hysteria.

I was at that match and didnt see or notice anything

The draws for the Mayo GAA Treanlaur Catering senior championship and the Egan Jewellers Intermediate football championship took place this afternoon in Elverys Sports MacHale Park.
    Treanlaur Catering Senior Championship Quarter Finals:

Castlebar Mitchels v Ballaghaderreen
    Breaffy v Crossmolina Deel Rovers
    Ballintubber v Garrymore
    Knockmore v Aghamore

Treanlaur Catering Senior Championship Semi Finals:
    Breaffy or Crossmolina Deel Rovers v Knockmore or Aghamore
    Ballintubber or Garrymore v Castlebar Mitchels v Ballaghaderreen

Treanlaur Catering Senior Championship Relegation Playoffs
    Ballyhaunis v Claremorris
    Hollymount/Carramore v Ballinrobe

Egan Jewellers Intermediate Championship Quarter Finals:
    Belmullet v Shrule/Glencorrib
    Kiltimagh v The Neale
    Westport v Bohola Moy Davitts
    Islandeady v Burrishoole

Egan Jewellers Intermediate Championship Semi Finals:
    Kiltimagh or The Neale v Islandeady or Burrishoole
    Belmullet or Shrule/Glencorrib v Westport or Bohola Moy Davitts

Egan Jewellers Intermediate Championship Relegation Playoffs
    Kilmaine v Thuar Mhic Éadaigh

Yes he was very good yesterday,scored one off his ciotog from play and if my memory hasn't deserted me kicked a free with same.

He did get a run out the year before last.. Fuzzy on the year.Played in the FBD and got some game time in the league.Very skillful player and a nice lad to boot.

Perhaps he can push on next year and move up to the next level.

• Advertisement

The draws for the Mayo GAA Treanlaur Catering senior championship and the Egan Jewellers Intermediate football championship took place this afternoon in Elverys Sports MacHale Park.
    Treanlaur Catering Senior Championship Quarter Finals:

Castlebar Mitchels v Ballaghaderreen
    Breaffy v Crossmolina Deel Rovers
    Ballintubber v Garrymore
    Knockmore v Aghamore

Treanlaur Catering Senior Championship Semi Finals:
    Breaffy or Crossmolina Deel Rovers v Knockmore or Aghamore
    Ballintubber or Garrymore v Castlebar Mitchels v Ballaghaderreen

Treanlaur Catering Senior Championship Relegation Playoffs
    Ballyhaunis v Claremorris
    Hollymount/Carramore v Ballinrobe

Egan Jewellers Intermediate Championship Quarter Finals:
    Belmullet v Shrule/Glencorrib
    Kiltimagh v The Neale
    Westport v Bohola Moy Davitts
    Islandeady v Burrishoole

Egan Jewellers Intermediate Championship Semi Finals:
    Kiltimagh or The Neale v Islandeady or Burrishoole
    Belmullet or Shrule/Glencorrib v Westport or Bohola Moy Davitts

Egan Jewellers Intermediate Championship Relegation Playoffs
    Kilmaine v Thuar Mhic Éadaigh

Do you know what dates they are on?

Do you know what dates they are on?

Next weekend I think. Aren't Kilmaine Division 1 in the league? Could go down to Junior?

Senior looks set to be a possible Castlebar v Ballintubber semi. While in intermediate you'd probably expect who ever comes out of the Belmullet, Shrule/Glencorrib, Moy Davitts & Westport side of draw to win it out? Strange grade though intermediate is, hard to predict. The Neale were tipped by every Mayo News writer at the start of the year yet have apparently been very poor. Whereas Paddy Power have Kiltimagh as championship favourites, you wouldn't expect that at the start of the year

To be confirmed.

All games in McHale Park

15th October 2016

Breaffy Crossmolina Deel Rovers 15.00

Knockmore Aghmore 16.30

16th October 2016

Castlebar Mitchels Ballaghaderreen 14.00

Ballintubber Garrymore 15.30

Two tasty double headers.

Senior looks set to be a possible Castlebar v Ballintubber semi. While in intermediate you'd probably expect who ever comes out of the Belmullet, Shrule/Glencorrib, Moy Davitts & Westport side of draw to win it out? Strange grade though intermediate is, hard to predict. The Neale were tipped by every Mayo News writer at the start of the year yet have apparently been very poor. Whereas Paddy Power have Kiltimagh as championship favourites, you wouldn't expect that at the start of the year

Yes I'd expect a Mitchels Ballintubber semi final and Breaffy Knockmore semi final?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement