Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

ammc wrote: »
    It makes you wonder though if Horan seen the storm coming down the road and decided the time was right to step aside. And for the players(or a cohort) to blame Horan for their failings definitely says alot about the players that Horan put his trust in

Horan stepped aside because of actions by members of the county board. This is well known.

I know for a fact that Horan is very well-liked and is still on very good terms with players he brought on under his time in charge. He was missed when he left. He didn't get everything right clearly, and anyone can see that. But I would seriously question the notion that players sought to blame him or throw him under the bus, and it's bad form to drag him into it in order to settle some score. Even if there was some major issue with Horan, that's between Horan and the players. It's not for Holmes and Connelly to tell some journalist in a national newspaper just because they want to get a dig in. That's not their story to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

PressRun wrote: »
    Horan stepped aside because of actions by members of the county board. This is well known.

I know for a fact that Horan is very well-liked and is still on very good terms with players he brought on under his time in charge. He was missed when he left. He didn't get everything right clearly, and anyone can see that. But I would seriously question the notion that players sought to blame him or throw him under the bus, and it's bad form to drag him into it in order to settle some score. Even if there was some major issue with Horan, that's between Horan and the players. It's not for Holmes and Connelly to tell some journalist in a national newspaper just because they want to get a dig in. That's not their story to tell.

No manager gets everything right but Horan not doing anything to combat Donaghy in 2014 is a huge blot on his tenure.

2015 Mayo v 2016 Mayo - who would win? I still think the 2015 team were better. That might not be down to management though.

Interestingly, nobody is really saying that it wasn't tom cunniffe's place to say what he did like they are saying about H&C.

No manager gets everything right but Horan not doing anything to combat Donaghy in 2014 is a huge blot on his tenure.

2015 Mayo v 2016 Mayo - who would win? I still think the 2015 team were better. That might not be down to management though.

Interestingly, nobody is really saying that it wasn't tom cunniffe's place to say what he did like they are saying about H&C.

Tom Cunniffe wasn't right to do what he did and plenty of people did say that at the time. Tom Cunniffe will likely never play for Mayo again.

Like I said, Horan wasn't perfect, but he was liked and was missed, and to insinuate that the players blamed him for their own failures is, in my opinion, out of line. Regardless of what was or wasn't said about Horan, Holmes and Connelly were not involved in his set-up and it's not for them to pass comment on how players felt about his management, especially since it was Horan who laid the foundations that they wanted to capitalise on. That's something to be resolved between individuals and Horan himself. In any case, I would have reservations about the context of that aspect of the story.

We are better defensively than we were in 2015 and spent much of the last year adjusting to a new style of play and still got further than 2015. Rochford is trying something new, which is obviously going to take time to come together. And as always we're missing a dynamic forward. Which is the one constant ongoing issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Robeman

You see the thing about all of this is it would be far more relevant if it were 19/12/2015 and not 19/12/2016.

IMO the Mayo players performances in 2016 showed us that egos in the camp are far less of a problem than people make them out to be.

If egos were a problem this team would have not got past Fermanagh, and there is no way they would have beaten the footballing powerhouse and managerial genius that is Tyrone and Mickie Hearte.

As another poster said all this will just make them more determined next year.

I see the Indo had a few lines saying that the Mayo camp were not commenting on all of this, no s**t Sherlock.

The sad fact for all who deny the existence of the "egos" is that no all ireland was won in 2016. They can huff and puff all they like about this team and how great they are but they did not win an all ireland.

If the "egos" in the panel next year we can write off 2017 as well. Interesting that among Mayo all stars this year there are no "egos"

I would 100% claim that 'we couldn't know for sure' - simply because that is the nonsense logic you use to dismiss perfectly reasonable points. Im just giving you your own back. If you don't like it then maybe you should consider your own posting style?

As for the reason we haven't won an all Ireland - we have yet to be seen as the favourite for a final, so straight away we are fighting uphill. We have yet to get a single break from a ref in a final (something I accredit to refs being very clearly swayed by public perception and media in the gaa, but that is for another day). We got tactics wrong too on occasion (which players were lambasted for acknowledging, even though the likes of breheny stated the very same in the past), but more often than not, we were just not as good as the other team, which will generally happen when you aren't the best team in the country at that time...

And yet, we are getting closer and closer to overthrowing these teams. I think we could do it this year coming to be honest. Sometimes it seems we the mayo fans need to be dragged kicking and screaming into reality.

Truth be told, in this article, all the two lads have done is show how out of touch they were with managing teams of that nature. They come across quite 'stoneage' and headmaster-ish in their approach, and it is clear to me that they were not the right men for this role.

Ah the referees have not been mentioned for a while. I had forgotton that they were against us in all the various finals \ semis we lost.

Ah the media they are always against us as well.

Tactics at least are our own responsibility. Managers generally decide them and players execute them. Always hard to know with a loss if problem was tactics or execution of them.

H & C stoneage !! Patrick Holmes and Seamus only managers to win national titles with Mayo seniors in last 65 years. Another inconvenient truth to go along with fact that current team have won no national title. Maybe the "egos" should show us what a wonderful bunch they are by winning league next year. Expect that majority will not be arsed as beneath them. The non egos will as usual be busting their guts in the spring.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    The last Mayo team that deserved an all Ireland is the last mayo team that won an all Ireland.

This is the best and most incisive post on this thread ever. I agree 100%

That's a stretch in my opinion.

If the "egos" were that powerful why did Clarke start the 6 games between Galway and the replay ?

Simple really the egos wanted to get to the final.

Oldtree wrote: »
    gonna get that put on a t-shirt :D

T shirt a good idea.On mine I will put

"Egos" 4 Road"

Mayo 4 Sam

Maybe needs a bit more work. Any better ideas out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Interesting that no one has mentioned a Connaught Title as an achievement.

Either to counter a claim that Mayo has won nothing for years, or to point out that they failed to win it this year under Rochford.

Is that title really so insignificant?

And the league, seems like it's just a series of practice matches for the championship, (until the specter if relegation looms.)

And then look at Dublin taking serious pride in winning EVERY match they play.

Are Mayo just banking everything on the last 2 or 3 matches in Croke Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Robeman wrote: »
    T shirt a good idea.On mine I will put

"Egos" 4 Road"

Mayo 4 Sam

Maybe needs a bit more work. Any better ideas out there

How about:

"Just Play Football."

• Advertisement

One of the major issues with the article is the way in which Holmes and Connelly make thinly veiled suggestions and insinuations to cast aspersions on Rochford's ability to manage. The Hennelly stuff is a prime example. This along with the comments about Horan are well below the belt. It's not for them to reveal how players felt about Horan (information which was presumably told to them in confidence) or to make suggestions about what's going on in Stephen Rochford's dressing room. Suggestions of this kind undermines the management. Just because they were incapable of managing doesn't mean everyone is. As I said before, things were under control under Horan. It's not a coincidence that the players suddenly became "unmanagable" under Holmes and Connelly.

As said in one of the newspaper articles you need to read between the lines. Every name in the articles is there for a reason. The question is what is the reason.

In your last two lines above you have gone as close as anyone on this site to revealing the whole truth of the coup. It may not be intentional but in the last two lines you are really close to hitting the nail on the head.

I agree with you 100% "its not a coincidence"

I like this post as once again you are getting very close.

In many great detective stories sometimes the detective wastes a lot of time trying to find a motive for why someone wanted to kill the victim. What is not seen until much later in the plot in that the murder was not comitted to get rid of the victim but was rather done to create an opening to bring in or back someone else. The victim being an innocent bystander to a certain extent.

I am a writer in my spare time and I thought I would share this insight with you all to take your minds off football and encourage you to buy more detective novels (my favourite genre) this Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Interesting that no one has mentioned a Connaught Title as an achievement.

Either to counter a claim that Mayo has won nothing for years, or to point out that they failed to win it this year under Rochford.

Is that title really so insignificant?

And the league, seems like it's just a series of practice matches for the championship, (until the specter if relegation looms.)

And then look at Dublin taking serious pride in winning EVERY match they play.

Are Mayo just banking everything on the last 2 or 3 matches in Croke Park?

Connacht titles are very significant, all provincial titles are, they give teams a very good platform to advance in the All Ireland series, far better than going through the qualifiers.

Mayo were lucky in 2016 that they got home draws and avoided Dublin in the QF.

As for the league I'd like to see Mayo make a good go of it sometime, winning something would do no harm, but the counter is that they need to rest some guys and blood others.

Dublin have the squad depth to be competitive in the league and blood players at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    The squad deserves to win an All-Ireland, regardless of who's managing them or how many egos are in the dressing room

The last Mayo team that deserved an all Ireland is the last mayo team that won an all Ireland.
    I can see what you mean there but I think anyone that watches GAA (or any sport) knows that the most deserving team don't necessarily always win.
    Who knows - maybe the Mayo team in 1951 got every bounce of the ball and every 50/50 referring decision going their way and robbed the title of an unlucky Meath team.

The squad deserves to win an All-Ireland, regardless of who's managing them or how many egos are in the dressing room

I can see what you mean there but I think anyone that watches GAA (or any sport) knows that the most deserving team don't necessarily always win.
    Who knows - maybe the Mayo team in 1951 got every bounce of the ball and every 50/50 referring decision going their way and robbed the title off an unlucky Meath team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Ah the referees have not been mentioned for a while. I had forgotton that they were against us in all the various finals \ semis we lost.

Ah the media they are always against us as well.

Tactics at least are our own responsibility. Managers generally decide them and players execute them. Always hard to know with a loss if problem was tactics or execution of them.

H & C stoneage !! Patrick Holmes and Seamus only managers to win national titles with Mayo seniors in last 65 years. Another inconvenient truth to go along with fact that current team have won no national title. Maybe the "egos" should show us what a wonderful bunch they are by winning league next year. Expect that majority will not be arsed as beneath them. The non egos will as usual be busting their guts in the spring.

Patrick Holmes... What I have suspected for a while on this thread has
    become clear - you are his mother aren't you?

It is hard to execute a plan poorly, when you don't have one... Except lump every ball in on top of AOS (the guy we have so many issues with). Maybe if you done less grandstanding and examined more actual details, I could take you some ways seriously?

They were completely stoneage - that is apparent in even their own version of events -if you cant see that it isn't my problem. As for their managing prowess, is that the 'Patrick' Holmes who let Diarmuid Connolly run rampant for the entire club final? Or the same Connelly who couldn't get hollymount - the head and shoulders standout team in intermediate throughout his tenure, over the line? (they have managed it since he left). Maybe it isn't only the players '''''egos''''', that were the problem?

As for the media, if you cant see that, again, that is your issue. Keegan is the best all round player in the game, the papers paint him as ryan mcmenamin on steroids. Did they ever do that with markers like marc o'se or tom o'sullivan? In the build up to the first final, the same pundits were laughing off what McMahon was going to do with AOS. 'Aidan will need to keep his concentration because Philly wont give him anything soft'. That is a guy who gouged donaghy's eye, headbutted AOS, and dragged his boot across the gooch's head... If you cant see the difference in attitude there, you are blind.

But look, there is a solution to this. Stay away from mayo matches until the guys you have an issue with are gone. Nobody is forcing you to support them.

It is comical that people are now saying the players turned on horan, for stating what every single fan and pundit, including themselves, have been non-stop stating since the 2012 final, the 2013 final and the 2014 semi final - horan got matchups wrong and lacked a defensive plan...

Id actually consider their ability to see what went wrong as a good thing - it shows they can think for themselves and learn from their mistakes.

The players didn't turn on Horan and I have a serious problem with that insinuation in the interview (among other things mentioned) and it casts doubt on many of the other claims. They knew what the problems were and I'm sure said so honestly to Horan himself too. He's not a stranger to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,220 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

The players didn't turn on Horan and I have a serious problem with that insinuation in the interview (among other things mentioned) and it casts doubt on many of the other claims. They knew what the problems were and I'm sure said so honestly to Horan himself too. He's not a stranger to them.

Does it not beg the question that if tactics and player match up were such a problem for the players under H&C why they didn`t appear to be a problem under Horan to the same extent ?
    It`s not as if Horan was blameless in either during his reign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

The question that hasn't been answered on here is who changed the goalie for the replay?
    If Rochford was forced into it then he has no business being mayo manager in my view. He should resign immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It seems a lot of mayo folk take one marginal call and go "only for that" while ignoring every other call that went their way. If you relying on everything going your way to win then good luck.

A team deserves an all ireland when they win one. Hunger and hurt and all that guff means nothing

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    The question that hasn't been answered on here is who changed the goalie for the replay?
    If Rochford was forced into it then he has no business being mayo manager in my view. He should resign immediately.

Ah come off it ffs. Do you honestly believe that all these fellas who are dedicating their lives to this pursuit, would stay quiet and say nothing if that happened? Do you think McEntee would be driving from Armagh or Buckley from Clare numerous times a week with something like that going on? Do you think that Rochford - an all Ireland winner - would allow one player to tell him who to pick in goals?

Has it not occurred to you that hennelly has a more suitable skillset to the modern style of goalkeeping? The same way barry moran is probably a style of midfielder who is now out of fashion?

Obviously it is a tight call between the two. Rochford tried to catch Dublin unawares by switching gk in the hope that it would upset Dublin's attacking plan. He pre-empted that they would push up hard on Clarke after the semi, and so tried to do a jimmy mcguinness by going over the top of their press and getting at their defence on the counter. Keegan had been bombing on constantly for the second ball for this very reason - we scored a goal from this very move. It was a tactical decision - one that was exactly in line with the ones rochford had been making all year.

But that probably makes too much sense for the conspiracy theorists around here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The article said that the O'Sheas lobbied for Hennelly to be the goalkeeper back in spring 2015 because they preferred his kickouts.

We have no idea if that is even true, all we have are the words of two ousted managers.

Now people are jumping to the conclusion that the O'Sheas were responsible for the keeper change in the final.

If I recall the talk some time after the final was that it was Tony McEntee that was the originator of the keeper change idea, that theory is far more believable than the O'Sheas theory.

That's what selectors are for after all.

This is the best and most incisive post on this thread ever. I agree 100%
    Really?? It sounds like something Donald Trump would come out with - a populist soundbite that makes sense until you think about it for more than 5 seconds

It seems a lot of mayo folk take one marginal call and go "only for that" while ignoring every other call that went their way. If you relying on everything going your way to win then good luck.

A team deserves an all ireland when they win one. Hunger and hurt and all that guff means nothing
    We're probably veering towards the murky area of pedantry at this stage but surely you can understand the concept of a team deserving to win something but not actually winning it for whatever reason?

Really?? It sounds like something Donald Trump would come out with - a populist soundbite that makes sense until you think about it for more than 5 seconds

Mayo have the best soundbites, a lot of people say that. Soundbites like you won't believe. Believe me. bIGLY

Mayo have the best soundbites, a lot of people say that. Soundbites like you won't believe. Believe me. bIGLY
    haha....maybe we should build a wall around the dressing room and keep all the egos out :D

What calls went their way though? The AOS penalty? The guy was being fouled before the ball was kicked anyway, plus they won by more than 3 points anyway. So, what are these calls? Because I can rattle off some genuine calls that were the difference in winning and losing, that were wrong and went against mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭charlie1980

The Mayo boys washing their dirty linen out in public again.Will they ever learn?

If Clarke has any self respect, he should f**k off and have nothing to do with that outfit.

• Advertisement

Ah come off it ffs. Do you honestly believe that all these fellas who are dedicating their lives to this pursuit, would stay quiet and say nothing if that happened? Do you think McEntee would be driving from Armagh or Buckley from Clare numerous times a week with something like that going on? Do you think that Rochford - an all Ireland winner - would allow one player to tell him who to pick in goals?

Has it not occurred to you that hennelly has a more suitable skillset to the modern style of goalkeeping? The same way barry moran is probably a style of midfielder who is now out of fashion?

Obviously it is a tight call between the two. Rochford tried to catch Dublin unawares by switching gk in the hope that it would upset Dublin's attacking plan. He pre-empted that they would push up hard on Clarke after the semi, and so tried to do a jimmy mcguinness by going over the top of their press and getting at their defence on the counter. Keegan had been bombing on constantly for the second ball for this very reason - we scored a goal from this very move. It was a tactical decision - one that was exactly in line with the ones rochford had been making all year.

But that probably makes too much sense for the conspiracy theorists around here

"Hennely has the more suitable skill set to the modern style of goalkeeping"
    He really proved that in the replay
    Please tell me ur having a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

The Mayo boys washing their dirty linen out in public again.Will they ever learn?

If Clarke has any self respect, he should f**k off and have nothing to do with that outfit.

Clarke has retired.

As for the boys, It would have looked far better for them if they had kept their mouth shut. They should never have got the job in the first place.
    No doubt there are one or two players who have an ego but that is the case in every county. Hopefully the players dont repsond to this rubbish.

"Hennely has the more suitable skill set to the modern style of goalkeeping"
    He really proved that in the replay
    Please tell me ur having a laugh!

No he didn't prove it in the replay, but then that is working off the assumption that every player plays to their best all the time. And if you believe that then you would believe anything. Did cluxton prove he is the best keeper ever in the semi final? Far from it. Glib comments like that are helpful to nobody, particularly your own argument.

I wouldn't have picked him and I believe it was a mistake, but I don't believe that it was such a crazy move when it is considered as regards the opposition and their style, particularly after what happened at the end of the first game. We are rabbiting on all year about this great horses for courses approach that we employed, and selecting men to suit the job, so why is it such a stretch to assume he did it for our goalkeeper too?

It just didn't work, but then everything else worked all year, he was probably due one not going to plan.

Kauto wrote: »
    Clarke has retired.

Are you sure? He was present at the latest county team meet up over the last week or so.

Yeah,yeah, yeah.I have heard it all before.

I will tell you whats going to happen.

This Mayo team will self destruct now and the gobsho1te Roachford will take the fall.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Does it not beg the question that if tactics and player match up were such a problem for the players under H&C why they didn`t appear to be a problem under Horan to the same extent ?
    It`s not as if Horan was blameless in either during his reign.

What does any of it have to do with Horan? How many times does it need to be said in this thread that Horan didn't get things right? And I've already made the point twice that there's a reason problems emerged under H&C and not under Horan and anyone with their ear to the ground will know why. The bottom line anyway is that it's not for Holmes and Connelly to pass comment on how players felt about Horan (and I'd seriously question their version of events on that) or to cast aspersions on the current management. It's undermining and frankly none of their business what Stephen Rochford is doing as manager given they're not part of the set up anymore. As John Fogarty said in the Examiner today, the interview is sabotage being dressed up as concern for Mayo football.

• Advertisement

Are you sure? He was present at the latest county team meet up over the last week or so.

He also attended fitness tests a couple of weeks ago.

I hear mammy O'Shea will be playin in goal next year
    Some of the players are er..... lobbying for her!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm assuming it was the manager
    I've no reason to assume otherwise
    Nobody on here knows any different

That's as good an answer as you will get on an anonymous Internet forum unless Rochford Clarke or hennelly decide to post

Happy Xmas

Id say she would have more about her under the high ball than the likes of yourself!

she has a great pair of hands!

• Advertisement

What calls went their way though? The AOS penalty? The guy was being fouled before the ball was kicked anyway, plus they won by more than 3 points anyway. So, what are these calls? Because I can rattle off some genuine calls that were the difference in winning and losing, that were wrong and went against mayo.

Shush lad, Keegan stayed on the pitch for the full game, that's enough. Lane was so panicked he was blowing up on demand for for Cillians scores, McCarthys black card for Cillian's swan dive. Swings and roundabouts, lots of them. You'll only see the roundabouts though.

Only for this...Only for that..Only for the other...

What does any of it have to do with Horan? How many times does it need to be said in this thread that Horan didn't get things right? And I've already made the point twice that there's a reason problems emerged under H&C and not under Horan and anyone with their ear to the ground will know why. The bottom line anyway is that it's not for Holmes and Connelly to pass comment on how players felt about Horan (and I'd seriously question their version of events on that) or to cast aspersions on the current management. It's undermining and frankly none of their business what Stephen Rochford is doing as manager given they're not part of the set up anymore. As John Fogarty said in the Examiner today, the interview is sabotage being dressed up as concern for Mayo football.

Still doesn`t answer the question that if tactics and player match ups were so big a problem with the players that they wanted H&C gone, why was it not a problem under Horan, when the same were obvious on quite a number of occasions in big games under his management ?

Did Horan perhaps have the same accusations from the players and decided enough was enough.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Still doesn`t answer the question that if tactics and player match ups were so big a problem with the players that they wanted H&C gone, why was it not a problem under Horan, when the same were obvious on quite a number of occasions in big games under his management ?

Did Horan perhaps have the same accusations from the players and decided enough was enough.

No Horan didnt.
    You have no idea what has gone on and neither do i. There might not have been one big thing that happened for them to want the two lads gone. It could be a million different tiny things that contributed to it.
    Who gives a fu ck.

Kauto wrote: »
    No Horan didnt.
    You have no idea what has gone on and neither do i. There might not have been one big thing that happened for them to want the two lads gone. It could be a million different tiny things that contributed to it.
    Who gives a fu ck.

As you say, neither of us know, but weren`t tactics and player match ups given as the main reasons the players wanted H&C gone.

I imagine H&C give a fcuk though seeing as it was also evident in Horan`s time.

What is going to happen next year and what will we all be writing.

Some senarios

1. "Egos" kept on and Mayo win league.

SR would be up their with Holmes \ Daly in winning a national title. Anti "Egos" would have to admit that "egos" actually delivered something of consequence. Not the promised land of an All Ireland but not to be sniffed at as would only be 3rd in 65+ years. Pro "Egos" would be over the moon and saying this best mayo team ever and win was way better than previous win (when Holmes manager) for all sorts of reasons.

2. "Egos" kept on and Mayo dont win league. Pro "Egos" would say league does no matter SR and squad concentrating on the All Ireland. SR using league to blood \ find (that dammed elusive) extra forward we are always missing. Anti "Egos" will say no surprise there.

3. "Egos" kept on and Mayo win all Ireland. Anti "egos" will have to hang their heads in shame at having been so wrong about "Egos" and will have to consider leaving county \ country. They will have to promise to never again post on this site. They will have to admit they are the dumbest, most vindictive, spiteful, hateful etc etc etc posters to have ever graced a social media site.

The pro "egos" will have been vindicated. They will have demonstrated their intelligence, knowledge, ability to sniff out the most pristine of characters. The will be minor gods (The "egos" will be the major gods and the pro "egos" will be happy with this). They will be invited to become panelists on the Sunday Game as current ones know nothing as they said in 2016 that Mayo will not win an All Ireland in next few years.

4. "Egos" kept on and Mayo dont win all ireland. Anti "Egos" will say no surprise here we told you what problem was last year. Mayo never learn etc etc

Pro "Egos" will say Referee bias, media unfairness, horrible behavoir by opposition, SR got tactics wrong, H &C to blame for upsetting players before start of season, missing one good forward etc etc.

I will return to this post after the league and next December.

This board will still be here probably with 30,000 posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

The word "egos" is really grating on me now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

statto25 wrote: »

I put the person who introduced it on ignore last September . Therefore I've only seen about half of the RUBBISH that has been posted here the last few days. Sometimes people quote him though which is unfortunate

statto25 wrote: »

Well said.

What is going to happen next year and what will we all be writing.

Some senarios

1. "Egos" kept on and Mayo win league.

SR would be up their with Holmes \ Daly in winning a national title. Anti "Egos" would have to admit that "egos" actually delivered something of consequence. Not the promised land of an All Ireland but not to be sniffed at as would only be 3rd in 65+ years. Pro "Egos" would be over the moon and saying this best mayo team ever and win was way better than previous win (when Holmes manager) for all sorts of reasons.

2. "Egos" kept on and Mayo dont win league. Pro "Egos" would say league does no matter SR and squad concentrating on the All Ireland. SR using league to blood \ find (that dammed elusive) extra forward we are always missing. Anti "Egos" will say no surprise there.

3. "Egos" kept on and Mayo win all Ireland. Anti "egos" will have to hang their heads in shame at having been so wrong about "Egos" and will have to consider leaving county \ country. They will have to promise to never again post on this site. They will have to admit they are the dumbest, most vindictive, spiteful, hateful etc etc etc posters to have ever graced a social media site.

The pro "egos" will have been vindicated. They will have demonstrated their intelligence, knowledge, ability to sniff out the most pristine of characters. The will be minor gods (The "egos" will be the major gods and the pro "egos" will be happy with this). They will be invited to become panelists on the Sunday Game as current ones know nothing as they said in 2016 that Mayo will not win an All Ireland in next few years.

4. "Egos" kept on and Mayo dont win all ireland. Anti "Egos" will say no surprise here we told you what problem was last year. Mayo never learn etc etc

Pro "Egos" will say Referee bias, media unfairness, horrible behavoir by opposition, SR got tactics wrong, H &C to blame for upsetting players before start of season, missing one good forward etc etc.

I will return to this post after the league and next December.

This board will still be here probably with 30,000 posts

Robeman is obviously related to one of the two gimps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

km79 wrote: »
    I put the person who introduced it on ignore last September . Therefore I've only seen about half of the RUBBISH that has been posted here the last few days. Sometimes people quote him though which is unfortunate

Thanks for reminding me of that feature.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement