Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Stop this absolute bull of making out players are being distracted by media and that's why they are performing poorly, it's a stupid idea that is typical keep your head down and say nothing caveman Ireland attitude. Media interviews, social media posts etc aren't frowned upon in other sports! Why is gaelic football different.... If you haven't won the All Ireland yet then shut up and don't be seen because you'll be "distracted".

It really is the laziest excuse going and I'm sorry to break it to ye but it has no precedence to support it and it has no basis, and thrown around with no thought given to it.

"Aidan O'Shea plays badly when he goes on the pitch because he did the show on RTE for a week and he does interviews and likes Twitter." That's basically what people are saying. Just actually think about that and break it down in your head, ridiculous argument. Don't hear the likes of it going on elsewhere, why does the GAA have to be backward and begrudge someone opportunities in the media?

That isnt what I said at all.
    It is more the fact that they seem to still be quite enamored with the whole media/fame side of things would indicate that they havent woken up and seen that for what it is yet. It seems to be higher on their list of priorities than it should be. That doesnt mean they cant go anywhere near it.
    Paul Galvin courted the media a nice bit, but he made sure he got the work done on his game first and foremost, because he realised early on, if you are going to be talking, you sure as hell better be delivering too. That isnt a caveman Ireland attitude, that is just the way of the world.

I dont get this self-loathing attitude people have about ireland, where they attribute everything negative to being irish. If an unsuccessful hollywood actor tried to walk down the red carpet and stood there for an interview, do you think he would get many takers? Are the irish to blame for that too? It is far more an objective critique than stoneage ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Must be one hell of a price on that team holiday, 26 players and their partners, who's paying?

Fully deserved too btw. Wish the likes of it would happen more at inter county level.

I think the teams that reach AI final are given a holiday by and mostly paid for by GAA HQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah tad harsh there Oldtree I certainly wasn't in any way trying to disrespect Robert Hennelly who has been a great servant to the county.Just pointing out the cold reality of past big day performances.Just to emphasise I believe there are a couple of other goalkeepers who could come into the setup.At the end of the day nobody has a god given right to a place in the team/squad.I do concur with your keyboard warriors comment but all this forum is,is a means for us to express our different and by no means expert opinions about all things re our beloved Mayo football.

Really looking forward to Sunday myself, I'll keep an eye out for Mikey Sweeney!:)

I was more referring to the Johnny come latelys and not regular posters like yourself whose opinions I enjoy reading and then we move on:-)

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me as the eyesight is worse this year but the bifocals help,.

yop wrote: »
    Ah ya the others have to take responsibility on it also, but we could be going around in circles :) Agreed to disagree ;)

I think we could both agree on blaming the water boys for not keeping the boys hydrated enough on the big day ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

That isnt what I said at all. It is more the fact that they seem to still be quite enamored with the whole media/fame side of things would indicate that they havent woken up and seen that for what it is yet. It seems to be higher on their list of priorities than it should be. That doesnt mean they cant go anywhere near it. Paul Galvin courted the media a nice bit, but he made sure he got the work done on his game first and foremost, because he realised early on, if you are going to be talking, you sure as hell better be delivering too. That isnt a caveman Ireland attitude, that is just the way of the world.

Higher on their list of priorities? And Paul Galvin got his work done.. And Mayo players don't? Again that's lazy assumptions of the highest order. What makes you think that being minimally involved in media, which these players in question are, is stopping them from focusing on their game? Are they missing training? Are they late? Are they not trying cos they sent out a few tweets? Your insinuating that Mayo players aren't working as hard as Paul Galvin etc with absolutely no evidence only that one or 2 of them did an odd interview on the radio and one went on a holiday to America for a week.

Also to say they are enamoured with the media side of things... a Mayo player doesn't do a lot of media, the very odd thing, and yet they are spoken about like they are getting preoccupied by it?

I'll say it again it's a lazy criticism that is so very often thrown at players in the GAA. Ah his heads not in it he's too focused on media, when in fact said player only did 3-4 twenty minute interviews over a whole summer

And thinking that a player or person shouldn't talk to the media if they aren't playing well isn't a caveman attitude, well, it is.

You'd swear they did press conferences every day. Have to consider not giving an interview if they haven't performed well recently.

I don't know why our lads do it sometimes. Spend half the time being criticised for either losing one game after bursting their balls and winning almost everything all year or being criticised for daring to have a life or enjoy the small benefits (like media coverage) they might get from bursting themselves 4-5 nights a week for years.

Rant over.

Higher on their list of priorities? And Paul Galvin got his work done.. And Mayo players don't? Again that's lazy assumptions of the highest order. What makes you think that being minimally involved in media, which these players in question are, is stopping them from focusing on their game? Are they missing training? Are they late? Are they not trying cos they sent out a few tweets? Your insinuating that Mayo players aren't working as hard as Paul Galvin etc with absolutely no evidence only that one or 2 of them did an odd interview on the radio and one went on a holiday to America for a week.

Also to say they are enamoured with the media side of things... a Mayo player doesn't do a lot of media, the very odd thing, and yet they are spoken about like they are getting preoccupied by it?

I'll say it again it's a lazy criticism that is so very often thrown at players in the GAA. Ah his heads not in it he's too focused on media, when in fact said player only did 3-4 twenty minute interviews over a whole summer

Well Paul Galvin's performances on the field would suggest that he indeed had his work done. He developed hugely over his career, improving all facets of his game, with his kickpassing in particular going from a weakness to a strength. When assigned his role by JOC, he developed his arms to battle for breaking ball and tackle opponents.
    In contrast, AOS still cant use his right foot and still holds onto the ball too long, making him easier to dispossess (in fact Kieran Shannon also referenced his lack of development as a player recently), while hennelly is still poor under a high ball while his judgement hasn't improved... There is your evidence man, like it or lump it.

As the saying goes, if you stand still, you fall behind. They have stood still as regards their game. In contrast, Philly McMahon has developed his ability to combat opponents in the air, via basketball coaching, and the same tactics have worked for him for 3 years in a row against AOS. Consider that, a smaller man, pulling the same stunt about 7 times on the trot and it never being countered; that isn't good reading...
    The evidence that they aren't thinking about and developing their game enough, is overwhelming, if you actually look.

Re not doing a lot of media, Id argue oshea does more than any gaa player to be honest with you. You seem to be getting bogged down in the whole media thing. It is more that people need to remember to concentrate on what got them into the media first and foremost. Who wants to listen to a failing gaa player talk about gaa? That is what both are now. If they are ok with that, fair enough, keep concentrating on talking in the media. I talk about growing up a bit, because realising the folly of that is generally waking up to reality a bit.

As regards lazy assumptions, the only one I can see going on here is your assumption that any reference to media and players being in it, is somehow caveman-esque, as if it can never be discussed in any reasonable or objective way. You seem to have veered away from the Ireland bashing, rather referring it as caveman - does that mean you think the irish are cavemen? I think it is yourself who is acting caveman-like here, by ignoring the nuances of the argument in your rush of temper to roar back your response to a point you are assuming you are responding to.

• Advertisement

I don't know why our lads do it sometimes. Spend half the time being criticised for either losing one game after bursting their balls and winning almost everything all year or being criticised for daring to have a life or enjoy the small benefits (like media coverage) they might get from bursting themselves 4-5 nights a week for years.

Because that is what it takes to do what they are trying to do. Im sure there are plenty lads out there who didn't do the work Paul Galvin did.

They never cut it at the top of the game though, and nobody knows who they are...

Listen, I respect those lads completely as people. But they are trying to enter the privileged domain of top class inter county footballers, and that is their own choice. There can be no molly-coddling or wistful thinking there and other counties who have maintained success have never engaged in that sort of attitude. Bursting you backside 5 nights a week is a given. Nobody is going to let you win a ball because you are a sound lad or are a good person, or because you nearly got there before. That is the name of the game - and that is the game they have chosen to play. While they are still choosing to do so, they are rightfully up for criticism.

We have a habit of making heroes out of guys in mayo, and then cutting them too much slack afterwards when they aren't playing so well. Mortimer, McDonald, Willie Joe, and now AOS. It is like we are afraid that they cant be replaced. That might have been the case once, but not any more. The big difference between Mayo and Kerry is that Mayo make heroes of their players, while in Kerry, the only hero is Kerry gaa. If guys are giving their all in the name of that then fine, they get praise. If they aren't, they are yesterdays news and someone else gets the praise. I mean, consider for a second that a Kerry ff who has stuttered for form for a few years had more press interviews than goals scored - he would be ridiculed. They would see it as disrespectful to the team and the jersey. It is that mentality that has kept superb talents like the gooch, galvin, donaghy, etc rowing for the team at all times, because they grew up immersed in that pragmatic mentality.

Now people will probably say, not another closet Kerry fan, isn't that the type of talk that holmes and Connelly got the bullet for. But Im not interested in Kerry in the slightest, Im interested in what made then successful.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Mea culpa my reliable source obviously got it wrong,he's more of a grá for the small ball.:D

Might not have, there's mention of it being off now on WJ's blog this morning. No word anywhere else though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Look, no Mayo player is allowed to do any media work, unless and until he has an All-Ireland in his pocket!............:rolleyes:

Kalyke wrote: »
    Look, no Mayo player is allowed to do any media work, unless and until he has an All-Ireland in his pocket!............:rolleyes:

It is more about being on top of your game before you start crowing about it to be fair. That is just common sense and goes in any walk of life. There was no mention of all Irelands.

It is more about being on top of your game before you start crowing about it to be fair. That is just common sense and goes in any walk of life. There was no mention of all Irelands.
    Agreed, but it is how some people are measuring a players "top of their game " that makes it impossible. According to some arguments, only Dublin players are allowed to give interviews, be on Twitter , TV shows, etc.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Might not have, there's mention of it being off now on WJ's blog this morning. No word anywhere else though?

Confirmed now by Mayo GAA

https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/817350910905040897

Agreed, but it is how some people are measuring a players "top of their game " that makes it impossible. According to some arguments, only Dublin players are allowed to give interviews, be on Twitter , TV shows, etc.

Those people are not on this thread though...

I understand that people will get offers from the media, but they need to be switched on to the bigger picture too. The same media are only too happy to eat them without salt a second later.

A players true currency is his game. Be on top of it and the rest will take care of itself. Those lads mentioned haven't seemed to have learned that yet, and they are making it harder on themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

It's a bit like being a Mayo fan and expressing confidence init.

Express confidence and you are accused of fueling some sort of mythical hype machine

Express pessimism and you are told how can the players be confident if the fans aren't

It's a bit like being a Mayo fan and expressing confidence init.

Express confidence and you are accused of fueling some sort of mythical hype machine

Express pessimism and you are told how can the players be confident if the fans aren't

Kinda, except the fans don't have any control over the performance. Like if AOS was playing great stuff and mayo still hadn't won sam, he would still get more leeway. It is overly simplistic to suggest that winning is the only requirement. Like John Doyle is well respected and people wouldn't mind him speaking, and he won nothing.

Well Paul Galvin's performances on the field would suggest that he indeed had his work done. He developed hugely over his career, improving all facets of his game, with his kickpassing in particular going from a weakness to a strength. When assigned his role by JOC, he developed his arms to battle for breaking ball and tackle opponents. In contrast, AOS still cant use his right foot and still holds onto the ball too long, making him easier to dispossess (in fact Kieran Shannon also referenced his lack of development as a player recently), while hennelly is still poor under a high ball while his judgement hasn't improved... There is your evidence man, like it or lump it.

Even if it's correct what you say, and Hennelly and AOS don't work hard enough on their weaknesses... What has that got to do with them being accessible to the public? What about the other players who haven't improved but aren't in the spotlight, what's stopping them and why can't Hennelly be judged the same way? You can't just assume they are distracted because you see more of them in the public.
    Re not doing a lot of media, Id argue oshea does more than any gaa player to be honest with you. You seem to be getting bogged down in the whole media thing. It is more that people need to remember to concentrate on what got them into the media first and foremost. Who wants to listen to a failing gaa player talk about gaa? That is what both are now. If they are ok with that, fair enough, keep concentrating on talking in the media. I talk about growing up a bit, because realising the folly of that is generally waking up to reality a bit.

"Keep concentrating on talking in the media" - How much concentration do you think this takes? You think a player will be so distracted by doing the odd interview every few weeks that he's now concentrating on that and not his football? And if we are judging Mayo players as failing GAA players that nobody wants to listen to talk about GAA then we are more or less going to have to rule out 95% of the current inter county players aren't we! Maybe you don't want to listen to Mayo players but obviously people do as they wouldn't be given the platform to speak otherwise.
    As regards lazy assumptions, the only one I can see going on here is your assumption that any reference to media and players being in it, is somehow caveman-esque, as if it can never be discussed in any reasonable or objective way. You seem to have veered away from the Ireland bashing, rather referring it as caveman - does that mean you think the irish are cavemen? I think it is yourself who is acting caveman-like here, by ignoring the nuances of the argument in your rush of temper to roar back your response to a point you are assuming you are responding to.

Talk about grabbing on to one word a person said and not being able to let go. I never said it can't be discussed in a reasonable way, I just think it's not being discussed reasonably in the case of our team, and in a lot of the GAA for that matter. I stand by my point: if you think the "main problem" a player is underperforming is because he spoke to the press a few times during the year then your massively overestimating the effect an interview etc will have. I don't buy it that players are effectively not trying as hard as they should because they are concerned with fame or being in the papers, it's not taking up half as much time or headspace as people like to believe.

• Advertisement

And they are bursting themselves 4-5 nights a week I'm sure.

I'm going off on a tangent here but it's a good example of a general theme in the GAA. You see this is the GAA all over. If you are seen to be talking about the game while your not playing well then your disrespectful. I don't know why that mentality is being championed. Not arguing that Kerry aren't doing it or that the likes of that attitude harmed them but it's a sad state of affairs that we judge amateurs by them standards IMO.
    Mortimer and MacDonald are interesting players in this too. I firmly believe a lot of their dislike came from being different, the socks pulled up to the knees, bleached hair or what not. You don't express yourself in the GAA you see. Keep the head down, make sure you have black boots only, don't speak to any media unless you've won the All Ireland. Really this is the caveman attitude I referred to in an earlier post. Do anything different in our sport and your "distracted" or "disrespectful" or don't care about jersey, when really that could be a million miles away from the truth.

And also, this is a major reason you have young lads opting out of football at a rapid rate nowadays IMO. It's all consuming. And IMO it's not sustainable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Any team news for FBD game later?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

finisklin wrote: »
    Any team news for FBD game later?

Not a dicky bird..it probably won't be until we get our sorry excuse for a programme before we hear anything concrete!:pac:

Not a very pleasant winter's day.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Feel bad about not being overly bothered about going to see the game now after seeing the team sheet and realising that despite my views on the FBD, it's still a great honour and chance for some.

Draw I hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Draw I hear?

No, NUIG won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Draw I hear?

Nope
    1-21 to 2-16 to NUIG

Not a bad game for this time of year.

I thought NUIG put on a very good performance with some lovely long points. They were very quick to get their midfield both forward and back giving a distinct advantage. They took full advantage of the wind in the first half too.

We needed to be a bit more careful with the kickouts, both placement and reciept, and the wides... the wides. Didn't seem to win s lot if the high balls either.

It was good to see a bit of flare from the younger players and there were some lovely moments in play.

No 18 Danny Kirby stood out for me as a player to keep an eye out for.

Ps the program wasn't bad for a euro :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Very enjoyable match. Free flowing and high scoring. Thought Fergal Boland was the stand out player for us, got some lovely scores. Danny Kirby did well too and Shane Nally had a good showing too towards the end. Neil Douglas seemed frustrated, struggled to get shots off at times, but did get a very nice point in the second half and took his penalty well. Liam Irwin has a good bit of work to do, imo, and was caught out ball watching more than once, but I think he will be kept. Goalkeeper probably needs more coaching on the kickouts, but that should come with time too. A lot of kickouts went long which allowed us to see the mark in action, but I don't see long range kickouts happening all that much later in the year.

On NUIG's side of things, Comer was causing a lot of trouble. He's a strong man and took some nice scores. Adam Gallagher had a great game too.

• Advertisement

Pretty much reiterating what's been stated previously.It was a very enjoyable game where a very inexperienced Mayo team with a rich sprinkling of youth gave a good account of themselves.This was a very good NUIG team who showed great cohesion and excellent teamwork with some impresssive scoretaking.

Val Daly's son Michael was the standout player on the pitch today,sublime display.Damian Comer tortured Ray O Malley and co,two players we could do with.The usual suspects Corofin's Kieran Molloy was very effective,ditto Mayo's Stephen Conroy.

Adam Gallagher similar to last year was very impressive and his freetaking was impeccable.

Understandably the Mayo team was not as cohesive in nature.Rory Byrne was steady if unspectacular in goal but the kickouts were less than ideal.The full back line struggled and it was unfortunate that Ray O Malley was sent off for two yellow cards.Donie Newcombe was solid,the half back line was oftentimes on the back foot with Eoghan O Reilly struggling on Daly.

Shane Nally grew into the game and scored two great points in the second half.He's a very solid option for the panel later in the year.Danny Kirby worked very hard and was one of our best performers.

Fergal Boland put in an exceptional first half but was a tad less prominent in the second period.Probably our top performer on the day.Neil Douglas appeared to be just trying too hard and little came off for him on the day,ditto Cian Costello.Liam Irwin freetaking from the right side off the ground was impeccable but he needs to contribute to a greater extent from general play.Brian Reape kicked a couple of lovely points.

Team

Rory Byrne
    Niall McManamon
    Ray O Malley
    Donie Newcombe
    Brain McDermott
    Eoghan O Reilly
    Michael Plunkett
    Shane Nally (C)
    Danny Kirby
    Fionn McDonagh
    Cian Costello
    Fergal Boland
    Liam Irwin
    Neil Douglas
    Brian Reape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

seligehgit wrote:
    Not a dicky bird..it probably won't be until we get our sorry excuse for a programme before we hear anything concrete!

Does the left hand side of your program change for the FBD competition ?

Usually we get the same photocopied page for the whole competition.

But today it had colour advertisement on the back. That's a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

mayo.mick wrote: »
    mayo-v-nuig-8th-january-2017-0001.jpg

mayo-v-nuig-8th-january-2017-0002.jpg

Thats a very good NUIG team on paper. I wonder if they are worth a sneaky outside bet for Sigerson.

Thats a very good NUIG team on paper. I wonder if they are worth a sneaky outside bet for Sigerson.

I know it's not relevant as it's different players every year but the Galway colleges have a dismal enough recent Sigerson record, it would be nice to see it turned around and especially for Adam Gallagher - a player that has the ability to aspire to play senior football with Mayo.

Also got two more Mayo lads on the starting 15 there, Stephen Brennan who I can't say I recall seeing play before and Stephen Conroy, who is a good footballer no doubt, but is also never likely to make the step to senior intercounty, good experience for them all the same.

If I was a betting man which I'm not I'd be of the mind that NUIG could do quite well in the Sigerson cup,very impressive performance.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote:
    If I was a betting man which I'm not I'd be of the mind that NUIG could do quite well in the Sigerson cup,very impressive performance.

Is Damien Comer the best forward in the competition this year I wonder?

TBH I'm not overly familiar with the forward talent that's on display in the Sigerson this year,I don't believe there is likely to be many better than Damian Comer,great talent.

Is Conor O Shea playing for DCU?

seligehgit wrote:
    Is Conor O Shea playing for DCU?

DIT this year I believe

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Enjoyed the game, some lovely scores, good to see some of the lads who I understand got a call last Tues to turn up for this game, you have to admire how they go stuck in.
    Some good performances, Byrne, Newcombe did very well. Thought Kirby, Reape and Nally were excellent. Irwin took some lovely scores and Dougie took his penalty very well.
    You can't be hard on any of the players there, first outing in a Mayo senior game for all bar 4 I think and some might not even have played U21 or minor.

Id certainly have a sneaky 20 on that NUIG team, Gallagher and Comer were excellent and Daly had a superb game. Very solid and fit looking team.

Very enjoyable game.

yop wrote:
    Id certainly have a sneaky 20 on that NUIG team, Gallagher and Comer were excellent and Daly had a superb game. Very solid and fit looking team.

I know I'm being negative on them but that's the worst Mayo side that's taken to the field in years. NUIG would have been disappointed if they didn't put in a good showing, difficult to judge on that game IMO. Hope I'm wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

NUIG would be a bit behind UCD,UUJ and DCU for the sigerson cup simply because they don't have as many established county seniors or have the strength in depth of those 3 colleges.

NUIG are probably the best of the rest in sigerson cup football and considering they pushed much stronger Mayo teams all the way in previous years I think they were always likely to beat a patched up Mayo team missing 27 senior panelists.

11 debutantes starting yesterday and 6 more from the bench! A record?

http://www.advertiser.ie/mayo/article/89670/mayo-monday-lunchtime-talking-points

I know I'm being negative on them but that's the worst Mayo side that's taken to the field in years. NUIG would have been disappointed if they didn't put in a good showing, difficult to judge on that game IMO. Hope I'm wrong!

I was glad to see such an inexperienced and youthful group take the field and I thought they gave a decent show of themselves given the same circumstances.In the past we have not seen youth and others get their chance.I do believe the final score was not a true reflection of NUIG's dominance of the contest.

I do think this NUIG team is superior to that of previous vintage that have run far stronger Mayo teams close.As Yop mentioned I wouldn't be inclined to be too hard on them after a gutsy show by the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭charlie1980

“You could see there by the gentleman (Rob Hennelly) that togged out and played today that spirit is very good in Mayo football. It gives great encouragement and optimism for the weeks and months ahead."

The elephant in the room will not go away Rochford?
    Hennelly and Dillon have to be be dispatched from the the Mayo panel for 2017 and the O'Sheas have to be put back in their box.You either run the show or you do not?Show weakness now and you will lose some of the panel that have their own private opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

“You could see there by the gentleman (Rob Hennelly) that togged out and played today that spirit is very good in Mayo football. It gives great encouragement and optimism for the weeks and months ahead."

Hennelly and Dillon have to be be dispatched from the the Mayo panel for 2017 and the O'Sheas have to be put back in their box.You either run the show or you do not?Show weakness now and you will lose some of the panel that have their own private opinions.

Can you provide the source of the above quote please? Or are you just picking quotes and tailoring them to suit your pathetic agenda to wind up people on this particular forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What in the name of god are you on about? He has credited Rob's willingness & desire to be in the fold especially after what happened. Would have been easy for a man of less character to walk away.

Maybe Hennelly & the O'Shea's have tiger-kidnapped Rochies family & that is why he is persisting with them? Give it a break

This rumoured nonsense is no good to anybody. Save it for the pub & after-mass discussion good man

statto25 wrote: »
    Can you provide the source of the above quote please? Or are you just picking quotes and tailoring them to suit your pathetic agenda to wind up people on this particular forum?

What in the name of god are you on about? He has credited Rob's willingness & desire to be in the fold especially after what happened. Would have been easy for a man of less character to walk away.

Maybe Hennelly & the O'Shea's have tiger-kidnapped Rochies family & that is why he is persisting with them? Give it a break

This rumoured nonsense is no good to anybody. Save it for the pub & after-mass discussion good man

Ah look lads?If you want sweetness and light,the John Gunnigan Mayo bog is for ye.

This is a Boards thread where a critical analysis of Mayo football is allowed and debated by adults.

Ah look lads?If you want sweetness and light,the John Gunnigan Mayo bog is for ye.

This is a Boards thread where a critical analysis of Mayo football is allowed and debated by adults

Critical analysis is based on factual information. Your speaking about rumours & nonsense

This is a Boards thread where a critical analysis of Mayo football is allowed and debated by adults

Critical analysis is based on factual information. Your speaking about rumours & nonsense

Are you saying Holmes and Connelly are liars?

Are you saying Holmes and Connelly are liars?

No. I am saying they are out off touch with the modern game & some of their comments are ridiculous.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement