Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Westport should be leading at halftime. Need to get lee keegan more involved in 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Westport shooting has been less than optimum.

Westport have levelled it up
    6 points a piece.

8-6 to Kenmare now.

9-6 kenmare now. Less than 10 minutes left.

Kenmare 9-6 up,Westport's inexperience has been telling today.

Great goal chance spurned.

Penalty to westport!

Great call by the umpire.. Penalty for Westport.

• Advertisement

Level! 1-6 to 0-9!!

We're going to extra time.

Just a sidenote: localstreaming.club have a note on their facebook page saying that the website has gone down hence the alternative youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfShzUy2AEw

Just can't get in front at all.

eastmayo wrote: »
    Just can't get in front at all.

Kenmare do look the more likely winners. Westport lads appear to be running on empty.

What a score!

• Advertisement

Ahead by a point are Westport!

Perfect time to hit the front.

3 mins of extra time in a 10 min half???

2 up now though!

EDIT: Over! Westport 1-10 Kenmare 0-11.

Fantastic win for Westport!

Absolutely delighted for westport....really deserved to win....now go on and win the all ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Great score to seal the win. They did ride their luck a bit in the 2nd half of ET with the double hop and stone wall free that was given for Kenmare. Deserved win though in awful conditions.

There'll be no Leeroy and Kevin Keane available until after St. Patrick's day.

Incredible that Leeroy is oldest player on that Westport team at 27 years of age!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭interlocked

Final is Feb 19th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Fowler87 wrote:
    Great score to seal the win. They did ride their luck a bit in the 2nd half of ET with the double hop and stone wall free that was given for Kenmare. Deserved win though in awful conditions.

Shambolic refereeing throughout for both sides.

Westport looked by far the stronger team, but Kenmare had it all but wrapped up before the "typical GAA comback penalty" decision.

2 yellow cards for barging, a black card for a shoulder, no free for a shoulder to the chest and 3 minutes aditional time announced and only 2 played!

Neither side deserved to lose that game with Wesport spurning loads of chances, and Kenmare having not been behind all game up to the last 3 minutes of injury time.

Will be playing St Colmcilles of Meath in the final. They beat Pomeroy Plunketts by 3-11 to 2-13.

FBD final result Roscommon 0-15 Galway 2-14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Ahead by a point are Westport!
    Thanks Yoda :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Great win for Westport. They're good defensively, but lacking a bit up front, imo. They should have won the game by more really, given the chances they had. February 19th will be another good day out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

seligehgit wrote: »
    FBD final result Roscommon 0-15 Galway 2-14

Good win for Galway.
    I wonder will he rossies being going full hog for the league can't wait to welcome them to castlebar in a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

There'll be no Leeroy and Kevin Keane available until after St. Patrick's day.

Incredible that Leeroy is oldest player on that Westport team at 27 years of age!

Unreal. I knew they were young but there is no one better to look up to. I hope they do the business now as it would only be right that a player like Keegan who will always do what is necessary, gets an all Ireland medal.

• Advertisement

Irish Independent

Aidan O'Shea will miss the start of Mayo's national league campaign because of an ankle injury picked up playing basketball.

Mayo manager Stephen Rochford has confirmed the former All-Star will miss Saturday's clash against Monaghan in Castlebar.

But he is hopeful the 26-year old,who linked up with the EJ's Sligo All-Stars during the winter will recover in time for the trip to play Kerry the following week.

O'Shea wore a moon boot to protect his injured ankle when attending EJ's Sligo All-Stars Division One final loss to Neptune on Saturday night at the National Arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Irish Independent

Aidan O'Shea will miss the start of Mayo's national league campaign because of an ankle injury picked up playing basketball.

Mayo manager Stephen Rochford has confirmed the former All-Star will miss Saturday's clash against Monaghan in Castlebar.

But he is hopeful the 26-year old,who linked up with the EJ's Sligo All-Stars during the winter will recover in time for the trip to play Kerry the following week.

O'Shea wore a moon boot to protect his injured ankle when attending EJ's Sligo All-Stars Division One final loss to Neptune on Saturday night at the National Arena.

Mayo players can't stop losing finals can they, regardless of the sport. (I know he as not playing but you get the point)

Hopefully Westport win next month, a few Mayo teams have been to the junior or intermediate finals over the years but never won if I recall, so a win would be nice.

Yes Kiltimagh,Ardnaree and Hollymount Carramore as far as I can recall have all chalked up losses in recent years.

Here's hoping the covies can do the business.:D

Yes Kiltimagh,Ardnaree and Hollymount Carramore as far as I can recall have all chalked up losses in recent years.

Here's hoping the covies can do the business.:D

Throw Davitts into that list while we are at it.

Throw Davitts into that list while we are at it.

Forgot about them..It was on the back of that campaign Colm Boyle got his big breakthrough onto the senior team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Didn't Kiltane lose a final as well a few years back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

How many of those losses were against Kerry clubs?

The system Kerry implement make it very unfair on teams from other counties as regards the All Ireland club series for junior and intermediate levels.

They basically have Senior standard clubs competing at Intermediate and Intermediate level clubs at Junior.

Irish Independent

No harm if he was on the side line till may

martyos121 wrote: »

Not that I can recall but you may well be correct.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

naughto wrote: »
    No harm if he was on the side line till may

I'd like to see him left out for an extended period, just to see how we would operate without him. I know Keegan is missing too but if we were to field near strength sides, I'd like to see what we would be like without Aidan involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Unreal. I knew they were young but there is no one better to look up to. I hope they do the business now as it would only be right that a player like Keegan who will always do what is necessary, gets an all Ireland medal.

A town the size of Westport really should be operating at senior level though, I hope they can keep this group of players together and achieve that.

Mitchels dropping to intermediate was just the kick in the arse they needed to get their act together, hopefully this is the start of something similar for Westport.

I think they lost a SF rather than a Final.

martyos121 wrote: »

Kilmeena lost an all ireland junior v nobber of meath in 03 by 3 points I think.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    A town the size of Westport really should be operating at senior level though, I hope they can keep this group of players together and achieve that.

Mitchels dropping to intermediate was just the kick in the arse they needed to get their act together, hopefully this is the start of something similar for Westport.

I'd be expecting great things not too long in to the future from this Westport team including a senior county title if they can keep the current group of players on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Conor Lane confirmed referee for Mayo v Monaghan on Saturday

C3byLSFWAAA-POO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think they lost a SF rather than a Final.
    eastmayo wrote: »
    Kilmeena lost an all ireland junior v nobber of meath in 03 by 3 points I think.

I've double checked and they did indeed lose the 2014 Intermediate final to Truagh from Monaghan. Back when Tommy Goals was on top form, he's been absolutely cursed with injuries since unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Match will be shown live on Eir Sports 2HD from 6.55 and on Premier sports ch 428 live at 7. Deferred coverage on eir sports 1 at 9.30.

C3cEEmAWAAAn8WD.jpg

C3cEFMtWEAAb9xP.jpg

https://twitter.com/AllThingsMayo/status/826133551812923394

Match will be shown live on Eir Sports 2HD from 6.55 and on Premier sports ch 428 live at 7. Deferred coverage on eir sports 1 at 9.30.

C3cEEmAWAAAn8WD.jpg

C3cEFMtWEAAb9xP.jpg

They sure know how to hype a game up... Connacht giants:) sounds like something from the times of Fionn MacCumhaill!So what does that make Monaghan?God knows what levels of hyperbole they'll come up with when it comes to the All Ireland champion's first televised game!

Any replay of the game post Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone hear the rumour that they are changing the way season tickets work.

you wont be able to scan your tickets but you have to pick up a ticket from a ticket office/van?

irishgeo wrote: »
    anyone hear the rumour that they are changing the way season tickets work.

you wont be able to scan your tickets but you have to pick up a ticket from a ticket office/van?

How does that work sure it has to be scanned to get the attendance percentage on computer

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement