Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

yop wrote: »
    Disappointing the result,

Yop now = Yoda :-)

Great crowd. Brought my 3 year old to her first game, lovely night for it.

And that's just lovely to hear, bringing your 3 yo, mine came with me at 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Oldtree wrote: »
    And that's just lovely to hear, bringing your 3 yo, mine came with me at 4.

That's brilliant, the next generation of staunch Mayo supporters! Its brilliant to see so many kids, teenagers and families, all in their Mayo gear at the match's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PressRun wrote: »
    It is early days and there is still plenty of work to be done. Training has only recommenced very recently, so oviously you'd be hopeful that efforts will be made to address some of the problems in the coming weeks and that players will find their rhythm with more game time. That being said, I would have liked to see us have a proper go at the league this year. Winning it would be a huge morale boost, I feel, but it just seems like we're often content to just avoid relegation and throw everything into the championship.

I'm the opposite really. Winning wouldn't be turned down obviously but it generally requires less tinkering and playing your strongest team as often as possible. I would prefer to be relegated and have figured out / solved the few problem areas we have. They're not mutually exclusive but you get my drift... hopefully. I'm less about results and more about progress / problems being solved.

Rochford didn't really have much time in the League last year but he definitely figured things out as the Championship went along. I'm hoping he takes a few more big steps in this year's League.

It's early days and I don't want to get carried away but there are a few areas that really need work on:

Kickouts: Both for and against, we're killing ourself on both fronts. I think we need to play a much more aggressive game this year in terms of pushing up. While there was only 1 point in the replay, Dublin toyed with us towards the end, you can't just give up possession to teams like that.
    AO'S FF: Once he returns, I would spend every minute with him on becoming a FF. If himself and CO'C got clicking then that's a massive leap forward.
    DO'C & KMcL: would love to see them more advanced this year. KMcL is not a sweeper and never will be imo, we've plenty of talented defenders that can assume this role. If these 2 get clicking with the FF pair then suddenly we've a lot of problems solved. They would be key to a more aggressive push from opposition kickouts as well.
    AnOther: Just need another forward (assuming the 6th is the sweeper) to step up, sadly I don't think that person was there last year. Regan, Doherty & Freeman are a good support cast but I just can't see them being part of the solution required. I hate myself for even suggesting it but I would even try Lee (the best manmaker in the game, why change that...) as a the 5th forward.

Keegan McL DO'C
    AO'S CO'C

Don't tell me there's a defence that would fancy those 3 half forwards running at them all day or fancy keeping tabs on the 2 lads inside.

We've gotten fairly defensive, giving up free kickouts all day shouldn't be our style. Goals were still conceded last year when it mattered. So basically what I'm saying is, let's go nuts and throw caution to the wind this year.

It's a bit early in the year to be getting carried away isn't it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has anyone had their season ticket attendance updated yet

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

km79 wrote: »

Nope not yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Not yet, maybe tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Just on about that over in the season tickets thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057653905&page=10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Though Mayo were very rusty the last night, lots of errors, the ball that went through McLaughlin's (I think) legs in the second half summed it up.

Freeman was frustrating.
    Failed to catch the good high ball in from the left in the first half, made a fine catch in the second but layed it off poorly, he passed it back to Vaughan when someone else was in the much better position running in.

Thought Vaughan was a bit overweight looking.

Monaghan made good use of the mark to take the sting out of Mayo's momentum in the second half.

Overall not too worried, would prefer to see them finish the league stronger than they start it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Well it's seems obvious the league isnt a priority and rightly so imo. Seriously, would even winning it mean anything much at this stage? Everything should be focussed on the c'ship and peaking at the right time. We should have enough to stay up and that shuold be our primary goal in terms of league success

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 rocketfingers

Going to Tralee next weekend is a tough ask.
    The thing is?beating teams like Kerry and Dublin in the league is what gives belief,if and when Mayo face them later on in the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Going to Tralee next weekend is a tough ask.
    The thing is?beating teams like Kerry and Dublin in the league is what gives belief,if and when Mayo face them later on in the championship.
    tbh i dont think league results it will make a blind bit of difference if we meet either of them later in the Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Well it's seems obvious the league isnt a priority and rightly so imo. Seriously, would even winning it mean anything much at this stage? Everything should be focussed on the c'ship and peaking at the right time. We should have enough to stay up and that shuold be our primary goal in terms of league success

Of course the league isn't a priority. And were we to win it and then lose the championship, the same guys who are saying we should try to win the league would be saying we peaked too early for the league.

The same way guys saying we need to be beating Dublin and Kerry in the league is somehow important. It is good to get a win over them alright, but we obviously are understrength and underprepared at the minute, so therefore the upcoming Kerry game means little.

Another thing we need to think about is our constant calls for changing players in our forwards. Freeman gets a game (the same freeman that was supposed to be the man that would have won us sam in 2013) and someone wants regan, regan gets a game then someone wants Loftus. Does that mean we drop regan and freeman? And then call for them to get a chance again in two months time? Round and round in circles.

We need to take the thing on it's merits more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,220 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Of course the league isn't a priority. And were we to win it and then lose the championship, the same guys who are saying we should try to win the league would be saying we peaked too early for the league.

The same way guys saying we need to be beating Dublin and Kerry in the league is somehow important. It is good to get a win over them alright, but we obviously are understrength and underprepared at the minute, so therefore the upcoming Kerry game means little.

Another thing we need to think about is our constant calls for changing players in our forwards. Freeman gets a game (the same freeman that was supposed to be the man that would have won us sam in 2013) and someone wants regan, regan gets a game then someone wants Loftus. Does that mean we drop regan and freeman? And then call for them to get a chance again in two months time? Round and round in circles.

We need to take the thing on it's merits more.

I can see your point in regards to league v championship and a merry-go-round of players, but when you have the likes of Dublin who are always determined with this present squad to win the league, and Kerry who seem of late equally determined to not give an inch in the league to Dublin, should Mayo not have the same attitude especially in games with both of these ?
    To me at least, these games should be the real testing ground as to the make up of the championship team, in that they will give the manager a better knowledge of how players will perform in the heat of battle come the championship.

charlie14 wrote: »
    I can see your point in regards to league v championship and a merry-go-round of players, but when you have the likes of Dublin who are always determined with this present squad to win the league, and Kerry who seem of late equally determined to not give an inch in the league to Dublin, should Mayo not have the same attitude especially in games with both of these ?
    To me at least, these games should be the real testing ground as to the make up of the championship team, in that they will give the manager a better knowledge of how players will perform in the heat of battle come the championship.

So you agree that we should judge the thing on it's own merits, yet ask me why we aren't doing what Dublin and Kerry are doing?

That isn't judging the thing on it's own merits, that is judging ourselves on someone else's criteria.

Dublin can field two teams so obviously they can afford to go after the league, while Kerry are blooding a lot of young lads at the minute, who need experience. However, I would argue they generally don't start taking it more seriously until later in the league season, and even at that, I don't believe they are all that bothered as long as they get up and running and maybe try a few things out.

Mayo have a quite established squad, their senior guys have a lot of football played over the last few years, winning the league isn't a big concern. Our goal should be to get some form/experience into guys like freeman, regan, boland, plunkett, coen, etc. work on some kickout strategy and stay in the division. What other teams are doing, I don't care.

So you agree that we should judge the thing on it's own merits, yet ask me why we aren't doing what Dublin and Kerry are doing?

That isn't judging the thing on it's own merits, that is judging ourselves on someone else's criteria.

Dublin can field two teams so obviously they can afford to go after the league, while Kerry are blooding a lot of young lads at the minute, who need experience. However, I would argue they generally don't start taking it more seriously until later in the league season, and even at that, I don't believe they are all that bothered as long as they get up and running and maybe try a few things out.

Mayo have a quite established squad, their senior guys have a lot of football played over the last few years, winning the league isn't a big concern. Our goal should be to get some form/experience into guys like freeman, regan, boland, plunkett, coen, etc. work on some kickout strategy and stay in the division. What other teams are doing, I don't care.

The point I am attempting to make in relation to the league is that presently in Division 1 there are only 4 teams with a realistic chance of winning this years All Ireland. Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and possibly Tyrone.Of the rest survival in Div 1 will be their main aim imo.
    While those 4 will be fighting tooth and nail to survive they are an ideal testing ground for experimenting with trying out players.
    The other 3, even at this stage are looking safe enough in the league,and will be using their games with an eye too the championship side they will start against the teams most likely to feature at the tail end of the championship.
    For me anyway, Mayo, if only for psychological reasons alone, really need to field as near as possible their championship team against them to test the merits of these side and work on any fine adjustments of their own.
    To not do so would be foolish imo.

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote: »
    The point I am attempting to make in relation to the league is that presently in Division 1 there are only 4 teams with a realistic chance of winning this years All Ireland. Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and possibly Tyrone.Of the rest survival in Div 1 will be their main aim imo.
    While those 4 will be fighting tooth and nail to survive they are an ideal testing ground for experimenting with trying out players.
    The other 3, even at this stage are looking safe enough in the league,and will be using their games with an eye too the championship side they will start against the teams most likely to feature at the tail end of the championship.
    For me anyway, Mayo, if only for psychological reasons alone, really need to field as near as possible their championship team against them to test the merits of these side and work on any fine adjustments of their own.
    To not do so would be foolish imo.

First off, they are only one game in. Mayo could well win in Kerry, Dublin beat tyrone, and that puts mayo on a par with two of them... We have a lot of beatable teams to come, and at home. There is no need to be worrying just yet.

Why do mayo need to field their championship team? How does anyone get a chance if they do that? What we actually need to do is build a championship squad, with 23-24 guys who can come on and actually offer something in big games, and not be viewed as a weak link by opposition. How in the name of God is playing the same 15 all year going to achieve that? Furthermore, playing the same 15 all year makes things stale. Subs lose interest and starters get complacent.

Doing this would be very foolish in my opinion.

What would be great is that the guys getting chances now start going well, and established players don't have it so handy getting back into the starting 15. With maybe a few of them still on the bench come championship. Look at the positive effect some time out in the cold had on tom parsons for example. He is a far more rounded player now.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭RD10

tom parsons would be the perfect example of a player i didnt really rate at all the first time round playing with mayo. himself and colm boyle.
    and look at them now, two of mayo's best and most influential players we'd be lost without.
    How do people rate david drake? that match he was brought in for against dublin for the semi final few years ago i think it might have been , completely took everyone by suprise, did very well in that game too.
    seem to have dropped the radar a bit now.

anyone know if there's any injuries coming into the kerry game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 rocketfingers

Beating teams like Kerry and Dublin in their own back yards in the league is of great benifit,losing to the likes of Monaghan or even to Roscommon is irrelevant to the mind set of this Mayo team.
    Mayo players cannot have any doubts or fear when playing the big guns in big championship games.
    Apologies to any Tyrone supporters ,ye are contenders but you get my drift.

RD10 wrote: »
    tom parsons would be the perfect example of a player i didnt really rate at all the first time round playing with mayo. himself and colm boyle.
    and look at them now, two of mayo's best and most influential players we'd be lost without.
    How do people rate david drake? that match he was brought in for against dublin for the semi final few years ago i think it might have been , completely took everyone by suprise, did very well in that game too.
    seem to have dropped the radar a bit now.

anyone know if there's any injuries coming into the kerry game?

Don't really see what Drake offers personally. He seems to be a fit and mobile, only not as good as the ones we already have in that mould. Truth be told, what we are missing is guys with a bit more guile and creativity. Boland seems to have that in his locker. I think Plunkett does too - his assists for the goals in the u21 championship last year showed exceptional composure and intelligence. Most would have gone for a point. That was the difference in those games.
    We are probably lacking that bit of balance between powerful runners and guys who can make use of powerful runners. Too much of one is no good.

We already have too many guys who feel the need to take a solo and a hop every single time, before they even start looking at the options in front of them (the 3 o'sheas are bad offenders, in particular Seamus. Then Vaughan, even Higgins to a degree) Drake strikes me as yet another in this category. He might be a fine player in his own right, but I don't think he is going to improve us or offer something we don't already have.

First off, they are only one game in. Mayo could well win in Kerry, Dublin beat tyrone, and that puts mayo on a par with two of them... We have a lot of beatable teams to come, and at home. There is no need to be worrying just yet.

Why do mayo need to field their championship team? How does anyone get a chance if they do that? What we actually need to do is build a championship squad, with 23-24 guys who can come on and actually offer something in big games, and not be viewed as a weak link by opposition. How in the name of God is playing the same 15 all year going to achieve that? Furthermore, playing the same 15 all year makes things stale. Subs lose interest and starters get complacent.

Doing this would be very foolish in my opinion.

What would be great is that the guys getting chances now start going well, and established players don't have it so handy getting back into the starting 15. With maybe a few of them still on the bench come championship. Look at the positive effect some time out in the cold had on tom parsons for example. He is a far more rounded player now.

There was nowhere in my posts I advocated starting the same 15 in every game.

What I am advocating is using games against the weaker teams in the division to try out players and based on the performances in those games, the strongest 15 to start against the stronger teams, with an emphasis on the championship later on.

If that results in regulars warming the bench come championship so be it, but imo, against the 3 stronger teams, (and the 3 most likely to feature later in the year imo),the strongest 15 should start, and experimenting with hopefuls should be carried out against the weaker sides who will still be fielding their top 15 with an eye on avoiding relegation, and to all intents and purposes, an end to their season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

Maybe just maybe you should care what other teams are doing !!
    something needs to change to win that illusive sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is the match live on Eir the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Eir sports 2HD channel 460 on Sky.
    Also on premier sports 428 I think the channel is.

Deferred coverage of the match will be on eir sports 1 at 10.

On Eir HD, Wich costs extra for Sky subscribers by the way.

Beating teams like Kerry and Dublin in their own back yards in the league is of great benifit,losing to the likes of Monaghan or even to Roscommon is irrelevant to the mind set of this Mayo team.
    Mayo players cannot have any doubts or fear when playing the big guns in big championship games.

Mayo have won numerous league games in Kerry in the last 20 years and what good has it done us come championship ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Maybe just maybe you should care what other teams are doing !!
    something needs to change to win that illusive sam.

Mayo are putting in the same effort as any other team that have won SAM. This is clearly evident as we can make it to the final.

The issue is not about copying other teams... the problem is we do not have the quality in the panel that the other teams have/had that won SAM.

So a win is of great benefit, but a loss is irrelevant... Surely the teams we beat can say the loss is irrelevant also, while the teams who beat us can argue it was of great benefit too... :rolleyes: Who is right?

You can lose league games and then in your head be ready come the business end, while convincing yourself the opponents peaked too early. You win and that becomes the truth. Or you can win the league games and then lose later in the year, with the narrative being that you peaked too soon - even if you lost to a dodgey penalty or something like that. It is all how it is framed.

The reality is winning/losing league games doesn't matter at the end of the season. If you are ready at the business end, maybe get a bit of luck along the way and win the thing, then all that hindsight narrative sh*te writes itself in the off season.

Back in the real world, a game that occurred 7 months previous, with different players at different fitness levels and different weather conditions has little bearing on the result. Spin it 100 different ways if you like, but that is the bottom line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭flasher0030

So a win is of great benefit, but a loss is irrelevant... Surely the teams we beat can say the loss is irrelevant also, while the teams who beat us can argue it was of great benefit too... :rolleyes: Who is right?

You can lose league games and then in your head be ready come the business end, while convincing yourself the opponents peaked too early. You win and that becomes the truth. Or you can win the league games and then lose later in the year, with the narrative being that you peaked too soon - even if you lost to a dodgey penalty or something like that. It is all how it is framed.

The reality is winning/losing league games doesn't matter at the end of the season. If you are ready at the business end, maybe get a bit of luck along the way and win the thing, then all that hindsight narrative sh*te writes itself in the off season.

Back in the real world, a game that occurred 7 months previous, with different players at different fitness levels and different weather conditions has little bearing on the result. Spin it 100 different ways if you like, but that is the bottom line.

I think that is the perfect summary. I can never understand how media/commentators dish out rubbish like "In the last 10 years, Mayo haven't beaten against Dublin in a championship game". As if it's a big omen. What's the relevance? The players on a particular day do not think about what happened 10 years ago. Similar to what MayoAreMagic says - if you win/lose in February does not have a significant influence on what happens in August/September. Obviously it is about learning. Look at Mayo and Roscommon in the league last year. Mayo were fighting relegation, but went on to within a whisker of an all-Ireland couple of months later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mayo team to face Kerry.

1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
    2. Donie Newcombe (Castlebar Mitchels)
    3. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
    4. Paddy Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
    5. Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    6. Stephen Coen (Hollymount/Carramore)
    7. David Drake (Ballaghaderreen)
    8. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
    9. Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
    10. Fergal Boland (Aghamore)
    11. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
    12. Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
    13. Evan Regan (Ballina Stephenites)
    14. Alan Freeman (Aghamore)
    15. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, Capt)

Team Manager: Stephen Rochford
    Selectors: Donie Buckley, Peter Burke & Tony McEntee.

Manager Stephen Rochford makes just once change to the team that was beaten at home last weekend by Monaghan with Tom Parsons replacing Danny Kirby.Kirby was taken off in last weekends defeat with a foot injury but it is hoped he will be fit to take his place on the bench tomorrow night.

That teams selection tells me that Rochford is not taking a first round of the league defeat to Monaghan in February as the calamity many in the (mainly national) media are saying it is.

He is sticking with whatever plan he has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

There'd want to be a big improvement to get anything from this game. I hope that lads like Nally and Irwin get a run at some stage tonight. We need as many of the panel as possible to have experience of playing big games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Panrich wrote: »
    There'd want to be a big improvement to get anything from this game. I hope that lads like Nally and Irwin get a run at some stage tonight. We need as many of the panel as possible to have experience of playing big games.

Disappointed those lads,most especially Shane Nally aren't getting a start.Stephen Rochford is definitely going to take the league on it's own merits based on the team selection and take from it what he can.It would be great to sneak a win down in the kingdom tonight but we're really up against it.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Disappointed those lads,most especially Shane Nally aren't getting a start.Stephen Rochford is definitely going to take the league on it's own merits based on the team selection and take from it what he can.It would be great to sneak a win down in the kingdom tonight but we're really up against it.

Not sure about that, certainly Kerry are favourites but in previous years they have had big away wins on opening day and then failed the next week.

They have introduced a complete novice at corner back and made a few other changes, like Rochford, Fitzmaurice has his own plans for the league.

They have 4 home games,and already have 2 pts in the bank, so a loss tonight will not be a calamity for them either.

Not sure about that, certainly Kerry are favourites but in previous years they have had big away wins on opening day and then failed the next week.

They have introduced a complete novice at corner back and made a few other changes, like Rochford, Fitzmaurice has his own plans for the league.

They have 4 home games,and already have 2 pts in the bank, so a loss tonight will not be a calamity for them either.

It will be interesting how the Mayo full back line deal with the Kerry forwards.
    From the opening game there didn`t seem to be Mayo using a sweeper to any great degree, but with Kerry`s kick passing game and the speed they were getting ball into their full forward line in their opening game then at least one sweeper would be advisable imo.
    I say at least one because Kerry in that game were playing with three forwards close to goal and spread out the width of the pitch leaving it impossible for one sweeper to cut out ball.
    Moran`s fast ball in from the new mark rule was also a major factor in their scores as well.
    The other side of the coin was that Kerry conceded 1-17 in their opener, but as quite a lot of that was late on when they had the game in the bag and were emptying the bench could be more to do with that than a weakness in their defence.

Well it's horrible so far. Defensive football is not pretty but might be acceptable if it's working. To have one man in the Kerry half and still be opened up at least 4-5 times is not much entertainment for any Mayo fans that made the long journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

I can feel the dark clouds coming down after that first half performance Is Cillian trying to miss those frees .?

We should be 4 of 5 goals down. Another year of no forwards coaching or strategy. If Andy can do it time and time again then why can't any of the other forwards get out in front of their man .
    Embarrassing watching this .

christ kerry should be at least 10 points ahead going in at half time. running rings around mayo.
    mayo need to tighten up big time on the runners.
    unfortunately again apart from cillian and andy trying hard, the rest of the forwards are contributing as much as the guys sitting on the bench right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The really disappointing thing for Mayo is none of their younger players look capable of stepping up and being real quality in the championship.

However it's probably pointless analyzing Mayo in the league as I doubt they care too much about it at this stage and the big thing the need to do is find out how to get the best out of Aidan O'Shea as in my opinion playing him at full forward and doing it properly is the one way they can potentially make the final step.

Andy showing really well tonight

One thing the last 2 games have shown is that despite people's whining Aidan o Shea is an integral part of the team come championship and people calling for him to be dropped are crazy
    Or have ulterior motives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't remember the last time Cillian missed so many frees in a game, absolutely shocking tonight from the dead ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Can any one tell me who mayo sub keeper is to nite?
    Just wondering is that lad that was taken off in replay is he still involved ??

RD10 wrote: »
    christ kerry should be at least 10 points ahead going in at half time. running rings around mayo.
    mayo need to tighten up big time on the runners.
    unfortunately again apart from cillian and andy trying hard, the rest of the forwards are contributing as much as the guys sitting on the bench right now.

35 minutes later and the crisis is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great win, Kerry disappeared in the second half but we showed great intensity to claw it back all the same. Andy once again was sublime, his resurgence is showing no signs of stopping, even at his age.

Hope that red for parsons doesn't come back to bite us later in the year
    Thought the ref was awful for both teams

35 minutes later and the crisis is over

In fairness we looked clueless in the first half. Poor Donie looked as slow as me and Im 53.

Great spirit shown in the second half though and that win will stand to them. I thought Borland was unlucky to be called ashore ahead of Doherty in particular.

• Advertisement

Good to get the points, will have no bearing on anything that might happen in August.

Rossies at home next, hopefully another two points there.

Should be a bit quieter around here this week now anyway ........ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

Good to get the points, will have no bearing on anything that might happen in August.

Rossies at home next, hopefully another two points there.

I hope we beat them out the gate in two weeks

well that was some turnaround, they really grinded out that win. fair play.
    andy is some man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

Was having a nose in the dub thread

31 games now and counting. It'll take some side to stop this Dublin team from,winning 3 in a row and right now there's not a side in the country that has the quality, or belief too knock us off our perch. Not at there best tonight,but still showed unbelievable resilience,in the face of adversity.

On too play Donegal next,before facing the perennial bottlers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement